41

Olivia and Ainsley had to stay in the hospital for a few more days, but once they were released, everything took on a whole new definition of normal. Olivia was on maternity leave for a while, and about a week after Ainsley was born, Elliot went to the academy for several weeks.

"Daddy is gonna come back, right?" Adalee asked as she and her mother walked down the sidewalk with Ainsley in her stroller.

"He will be back before you know it, Addie. He'll be home about the time Ainsley is 5 months old. Just a little bit older." Olivia smiled. She reached out and gently caressed her daughter's hair until Adalee looked at her and smiled.

"Can we throw a party for when Daddy comes home?" Adalee questioned, as she looked into the stroller and smiled when she saw that Ainsley was awake and looking at her.

"If you'd like. Who do you want to invite?" Olivia questioned.

"Papa and Grandma. Gran and Auntie Sierra. Uncle Felix!" Adalee exclaimed. Olivia laughed softly before nodding.

"Sounds good. Now, do you want to head to the park and you can play while Ainsley naps?" Olivia questioned.

"Yeah!" Adalee exclaimed.

|*|

Olivia helped Adalee plan the party to welcome Elliot home. She also was back at work and really missing her girls while she was working. Adalee was doing good in school, but she was more worried about missing big milestones in Ainsley's life. But Bernie was very good with facetiming Olivia when Ainsley was doing something cute. Like when she smiled for the first time.

"Alright! Today is family day!" Olivia exclaimed as she finished brushing her hair out as Adalee sat on the bed with Ainsley laying on the bed in front of her.

"We get to see Daddy?" Adalee asked, and Olivia smiled and nodded.

"We do. He's going to be showing off what he learned so far, and then we only have about 11 weeks left before we can see him again." Olivia spoke. Adalee nodded slowly before leaning forward and pressing a gentle kiss to Ainsley's cheek.

"You get to see Daddy again, Ainsley. You probably don't know who he is, but he's amazing. He's the best Daddy. He loves me and you so much. Oh, and he loves Momma a little bit." Adalee cooed to her sister, before looking up to see if her mother's amused expression.

"He loves me a lot. If it wasn't for him loving me, neither of you would be here. So, even if your sass is a little cute, I wouldn't use that while we are seeing Daddy."

"But Daddy loves my sass!" Adalee laughed. Olivia walked over and sank down onto the edge of the bed. She pulled her daughter onto her lap before tickling her until she had tears on her cheeks.

"Okay! Okay! No sass!" Adalee gasped as she squirmed from her mother's arms and sank back down beside her sister. She caressed Ainsley's hair and smiled.

|*|

Olivia and her daughters sat with the rest of the families as they watched the recruits show off what they had learned so far. Olivia was surprised at how similar it was to when Elliot was in basic. But this time she wasn't heavily pregnant and freaking out about everything she could possibly think of.

"Look, Momma. Look at Daddy." Adalee whispered as she tugged on her mother's skirt as they watched Elliot.

"I know, baby. He's going to see us soon. Just wait a few minutes." Olivia breathed. She shifted Ainsley around in her arms before smiling at her boyfriend. They sat for a while longer, and right at the end, Ainsley started to get fussy. Olivia kept her daughter as calm as possible, and then once Elliot was free to come see them Olivia let Adalee run to him while she went to change Ainsley's diaper.

"Daddy!" Adalee cried as she jumped up and Elliot wrapped his arms around his daughter's body.

"Oh, Addie... I've missed you so much. I feel like I haven't seen you in years! You have gotten so much taller!" Elliot exclaimed. Adalee clung to her father and didn't speak. She missed him so much that she didn't want to waste a second with him.

"Addie?" Elliot questioned, and Adalee leaned back and looked at her father as tears ran down her cheeks.

"I've missed you, Daddy." She whispered.

"I've missed you too, honey. I love you." Elliot smiled softly.

"I love you too. Momma had to take Ainsley to change her diaper. She was stinky. So you and I can hang out!" Adalee exclaimed.

"That is exactly what I want to do!" Elliot grinned before kissing his daughter's forehead a few times.

|*|

Eventually, Olivia and Ainsley walked from the bathroom. Elliot and Adalee were sitting on the blanket Olivia had brought and were sitting out the things for lunch.

"Hey there, handsome." Olivia smiled. She sat down beside her boyfriend before kissing him several times. Then she passed Ainsley to Elliot and Elliot felt tears well in his eyes when he looked at his baby for the first time in ten weeks.

"She's beautiful," Elliot whispered.

"She's gotten bigger and she is smiling all the time. Her hair has grown back and it has gotten darker." Olivia smiled, as Elliot cuddled his baby close.

"She's 11 weeks old, right?" Elliot asked, and Olivia nodded.

"Yeah. To the day." 

"Daddy, look! She has dimples." Adalee giggled as she gently poked her sister's cheek. Ainsley let out a weird squeal. Then she smiled at her father and Elliot leaned down and kissed her forehead.

"So, are you having fun here? Learning stuff you didn't learn before?" Olivia asked. Elliot nodded slowly before settling Ainsley into the crook of his arm as he took the plate of food from Olivia.

"Yeah. It's a lot like Marine training, just not as hard. I'm excited to be almost done. Then I can come home and be with my girls." Elliot spoke.

"Then at least I can have some help. Our eldest is getting sassier by the day and Ainsley always wants to be cuddled which gets hard because I can't hold her all the time and take care of sassy pants." Olivia spoke, as she handed Adalee her plate. Adalee giggled before looking at her father and smiled.

"Is that true, Addie?" Elliot questioned.

"Noo.... not at all, Daddy." Adalee giggled.

Hey guys! Thanks for reading and please vote and comment all of your feedback below! :D