42

The next 11 weeks were so long for Olivia, Elliot, and the girls. Elliot couldn't get his girls out of his head all day long, and he wanted to be with them so badly. Olivia was exhausted, but she couldn't wait to be with her boyfriend and have her family completely back together. On the day Elliot was coming home, Elliot's family planned a party to welcome him home. Once they had everything set up, Olivia took the girls to the bus station to pick up Elliot.

"Momma, why isn't he here yet?" Adalee whined as Olivia swayed back in forth in her spot as an attempt to keep Ainsley a happy baby.

"Because his bus is running late, Addie. He'll be here soon." Olivia smiled. She leaned down and kissed her daughter's hair before going back to rocking Ainsley.

They did that for a while before several ambulances, fire trucks, and police cruisers came barreling past the bus station. The families waiting turned and looked in the direction they were going. Olivia saw smoke in the sky. It was heavy and dark, and Olivia knew something was really wrong. She quickly looked at her children before swallowing hard.

"Get in the car, Adalee," Olivia spoke, as she quickly turned towards their vehicle.

"But-"

"No, Addie. Just get in the car and I'll explain later."

|*|

Olivia followed the emergency vehicles and parked behind the barricade when she saw the Greyhound bus rolled on its side and on fire. Olivia took a shaky breath before grabbing her phone and climbing out of her car.

"Liv? Are you guys on your way home?" Bernie questioned.

"Bernie, come to the bus station and drive past it. I need you to get the girls for me. Okay?"

"Why? What's happening? What is all that noise?" Bernie questioned.

"The bus is on fire. It looked like it rolled and I'm going to help. I'm an EMT. I can help. So please get the girls and get here quick." Olivia spoke, before looking into the car.

"Momma?" Adalee questioned.

"Stay put, Addie. Grandma is on her way now. Just stay put and don't move." Olivia spoke, before running towards the barricade. She yelled at an officer and he sighed before turning to look at her.

"You can't cross this line. Go back the other way." He huffed.

"I'm an EMT. I can help." Olivia spoke. He eyed her for a moment before fanning her over.

"We have victims laying down with tags on them. Red is in need of help right now." 

"Okay. Do you have a backup kit?" Olivia asked, and the officer shook his head.

"Then let me go get mine."

|*|

Olivia tied her hair back and went to work helping victims. She kept looking for Elliot, but she didn't see him. Olivia bandaged wounds and put on braces for the victims that needed them. She helped to load ambulances, and at one point she looked back and saw that her car had been moved back and Bernie stood on the outside and was watching Olivia.

"That's all of them that lived." The officer spoke, as he walked over to Olivia and saw her standing there with sweat and soot on her face. She had been working so close to the fire that she looked like some of the firefighters did.

"Do you have the IDs for all of them?" Olivia asked, and the officer showed her a clipboard. She read over it and felt like getting sick when she didn't see Elliot's name.

"My boyfriend was on that bus. He isn't listed as dead or alive." Olivia whimpered.

"Some of the victims were thrown from the bus. They are over there, but they are all dead." He sighed. Olivia looked over where a ME's van was sitting. Olivia ran her hand over her forehead before walking over there. She walked past body bags and went decently far. She kept calling Elliot's name, but there was no response.

Olivia stopped by a tree and let out a sob, before hearing moaning. Olivia turned around before seeing a body hunched over by a stream. Olivia stumbled over to it before dropped her bag by the body. She saw that the man was quiet, but he had come to the fresh water to clean the burns on his face. Olivia helped him roll over before starting to speak.

"Sir, my name is Olivia. I'm gonna help you. Do you know your name?" Olivia questioned. The man looked up at her, and he reached up and awkwardly touched her cheek.

"Liv?" He slurred, and Olivia felt an intense weight leave her shoulder.

"Oh, baby. I thought you were dead... I'm going to get help. Just wait here." Olivia spoke, before quickly standing and getting close enough to a medical examiner worker, and she yelled at him to get help.

Olivia walked back to Elliot and started to wash his eyes out gently with water.

|*|

Olivia rode in the ambulance up to the hospital. Bernie took the girls home and was going to join them as soon as possible. Olivia kept her eyes on her boyfriend as they got closer to the hospital. She kept making sure he was bleeding and keeping his pain medicine high enough that he wasn't feeling anything. He was so burned, that she didn't want him to thrash around and make things worse.

"What do we have?" A doctor asked as he met them at the open doors of the ambulance.

"24-year-old male, Elliot Stabler. He was hurt in the rollover bus accident. He doesn't have any existing medical conditions, but he has burns covering most of his body and he is having trouble seeing. We gave him medication to help with the pain. I cleaned as many of the burns as possible and flushed out his eyes while we were by the water and in the ambulance." Olivia spoke.

"How do you know that all?" The doctor asked as Olivia helped push the love of her life back to the trama room.

"I'm his girlfriend..." Olivia trailed off, before being pushed back and blocked from entering the room. Olivia stared as they started to cut Elliot's melted clothes from his body as he moaned from the pain.

Hey guys, thanks for reading and please vote and comment all of your feedback below.