34

"Hello?" Olivia questioned a few times as she heard shaky breathing on the other side of the call.

"Another girl?" Elliot questioned once he finally got the nerve to speak.

"Yeah. I guess you got the forms then?" She asked, from where she sat on the back of a rig with Felix as they ate lunch together. They were sitting in the garage and they weren't partners for the moment, but they still tried to hang out and talk when they could.

"I did. You want me to sign away my rights even before she's born? Don't I get a say? Don't I get to help name her?" Elliot asked. Olivia closed her eyes as she tried to not scream.

"Elliot, you know how absolutely horrible it would be if you kept your rights for this baby but didn't even try to fight for your rights to Adalee?" Olivia questioned, and Elliot went quiet.

"Have you bled during this pregnancy?" Elliot asked quietly.

"No, I haven't." Olivia sighed.

"Good... any names picked out for her?" Elliot asked, and Olivia rolled her eyes.

"Elliot, you don't get to know her name. You don't get to see her. You won't even love her or Adalee once Amy starts popping out babies. So, I think that you just need to sign away your rights so that we can both be happy."

"Are you with someone?" Elliot asked, his voice showing how shocked he was.

"I'm 22 weeks pregnant. No one wants to be with me right now. But I am making myself happy with my daughters. So please, just do something for me for once."

"I married you and took care of you!" Elliot exclaimed.

"Then you abandoned me and Adalee because you didn't want to be held down in Hawaii! How long after you left did you hook up with Amy? Huh?!" Olivia spat, and Elliot didn't get to respond because Felix took the phone from Olivia and ended the call.

"Felix!" Olivia exclaimed.

"You aren't supposed to be stressed out, Olivia. I think it's time you and I go for a walk real quick. Get some fresh air and leave your phone here."

"It's raining out!" Olivia exclaimed.

"Don't care. Grab your umbrella."

|*|

Elliot couldn't sign the papers. He couldn't sign away his rights to his youngest daughter without meeting her. He understood where Olivia was coming from when she told him he'd have rights to the baby but no rights to Adalee. That their eldest would know that he didn't want her, but he wanted her baby sister.

"I thought you went to get those papers signed." Amy sighed, as she climbed into the front seat of her fiance's vehicle. She looked over at him and saw how he held the folder tightly in one hand.

"I can't," Elliot replied slowly.

"And why can't you?" Amy asked with a loud huff.

"Because I haven't met her yet. I need to see her before I can sign away all of my rights to her. It's kinda hitting me that I also just threw Adalee away. I don't want to do that to her sister."

"Elliot, come on! You are with me and said that there wouldn't be anything from your past coming back to haunt us. Now you are getting drawn back in!"

"Amy, would you honestly be able to parent a child, then just never see them again?" Elliot asked as he looked over at her.

"I would never do that, but you already have." She shot back.

"I want our children to know their sisters," Elliot replied stubbornly.

"Then we won't have kids." Amy huffed, and Elliot laughed.

"Really? Because you want them and we are planning on them."

"Not if you plan on having your other kids be a real part of our life!" Amy exclaimed. Elliot shook his head before opening the folder and scrawling his name on it.

"There. Are you happy?"

|*|

Olivia put Adalee down for bed the night that she and Elliot talked. She sat beside her on her bed and gently caressed her hair as Adalee rested her hand against her mother's stomach.

"Daddy is never coming back, is he?" Adalee asked quietly, as she felt her baby sister shift a bit in her mother's swell. She had already declared her love for her baby sister, and now she seemed a little heartbroken that neither of them would have a father.

"Adalee-"

"Momma, I know that he hasn't been here for my whole life... but I just wish he was." Adalee sighed. She looked up at her mother as tears welled in her eyes.

"Oh, baby... he was here for the first few days of your life. He does love you, I just don't think he can admit it to himself or to anyone else. He also loves your sister, but it's my fault that he isn't around." Olivia spoke. She ran her fingers through Adalee's hair as Adalee closed her eyes. A few tears slipped down her cheeks, and her mother was quick to brush them away.

"All my friends have Mommas and Daddys. Why can't I?" Adalee whimpered.

"I think that we are meant to just be the three of us. Just you, me, and Ainsley. Okay? We are meant to be together and be a family. Maybe in the future, I will find a guy that loves us all, and we will extend our family. But for right now, we need to be proud of the family we have." Olivia replied. She leaned down and kissed Adalee's hair before sank down beside her. She held her daughter close for several long moments as Adalee cried quietly.

"And we have Gran and Auntie Sierra... and Papa and Grandma!" Adalee exclaimed out of nowhere, and Olivia smiled and nodded.

"Yeah, darling. We have a bigger family than I even talked about. We will be good."

"Ainsley won't be here for a while, so maybe Daddy will come back around." Adalee yawned, and Olivia knew that Elliot wouldn't come back around.

"Maybe, Addie. Do you want to say your prayers before bed? I'd get down on the floor with you, but they will be just as effective if we pray right here." Olivia spoke.

"Yeah..." Adalee whispered before she closed her eyes and pressed her hands together. Olivia followed suit as Adalee started to say her prayer.

"God, thank you for keeping my Momma and my baby sister safe... Thanks for my toys and my family. Thanks for keeping us... not sick... and please make sure my Daddy knows I love him... Amen."

Hey guys! Thanks for reading and please vote and comment all of your feedback below! :D