35

Olivia felt a deep pain in her heart when she heard Adalee's prayer the night before. How she wanted Elliot to love her so badly, even though he didn't want her anymore. But as stubborn and angry as she was, Olivia drove out to Virginia and asked for a meeting with Elliot to pick up the paperwork. But mostly, she wanted to bitch him out.

Olivia and Elliot met up in the parking lot of a strip mall, and Elliot got out of his vehicle before Olivia even turned hers off. She kept her eyes focused down at her steering wheel as she tried to figure out exactly what to say to her ex-husband.

"Liv?" Elliot questioned after he knocked on her window. Olivia slowly opened the door and hit Elliot with it a bit. She slowly climbed out and Elliot looked at her and couldn't help but smile a tiny bit when he saw her swollen again with his child.

"Do you have the folder?" Olivia asked, and Elliot nodded as he handed the folder over to her.

"Here it is." He replied.

"Good." She replied slowly.

"Can we talk? About her?" Elliot asked as he pointed at her stomach. She was trying to hide her bump from him, but her shirts weren't as big as she would have liked.

"No, we can't. Because she isn't who I want to talk about right now. I want and need to talk about Adalee."

"Is she okay?" Elliot questioned.

"Last night, while Adalee was saying her prayers... she prayed to God that he would let you know that she loves you. Do you know, that our baby has the biggest heart of any child I have ever known? That Adalee wants you to love her so badly, that she cries randomly when she thinks of you? Elliot, you broke our daughter's heart, and I don't even think that you care about what you did to my child. Our child." Olivia breathed, a few tears made their way down her cheeks.

"Olivia, I never meant to hurt you two so badly."

"Three... There is three of us. Adalee, Ainsley, and me."

"Ainsley?" Elliot asked shocked.

"My A name girls." Olivia breathed as she brushed the tears away.

"Liv, I'm so sorry," Elliot whispered.

"Did you have any trouble signing away your rights to her?" Olivia asked as she crossed her arms across her chest.

"Of course I did... that's why I called you." Elliot replied.

"But you still signed them away... you could have come to me and asked to be apart of their lives. To be a father to my children, even when you and Amy have babies of your own." Olivia spoke slowly.

"Amy said that we won't have babies if I decide to be a father to our children," Elliot replied.

"Elliot, then she isn't the one for you," Olivia replied. She slowly turned around to get back into her van, but Elliot stopped her. He grabbed her hand and intertwined their fingers together.

"Amy's fingers never quite fit with mine as yours do." Elliot breathed. Olivia looked down at their hands before slowly shaking her head.

"You hurt me, El. You always hurt me." Olivia breathed before she slowly climbed into her van and started it up.

Elliot watched as she drove away, and he really realized what he lost when he left her and Adalee behind.

|*|

Olivia didn't return the paperwork back to her lawyer right away. She was waiting awhile before returning it just in case Elliot actually changed his mind. She went about her days without bringing up what she said to Elliot. Bernie and Joseph didn't even seem suspicious of Olivia at all, even though they should have been.

But Olivia was thankful she didn't return the paperwork because one night while Bernie and Joseph were at the movies with Adalee, Elliot stopped by. He held a bouquet of daisies and a bottle of sparkling cider.

"Elliot?" Olivia questioned quietly, as she opened the front door.

"When I held your hand for the first time in years, it was like when you and I walked down the sidewalk and held hands while we planned on escaping," Elliot spoke, and Olivia sighed quietly.

"Elliot, it was so long ago. When we were in love... it was years ago. It was before we were parents and before everything got messed up." Olivia replied.

"Amy and I got in a fight," Elliot spoke.

"El, you can't be here. You aren't cheating on her again." Olivia was quick to respond.

"We broke up. She said that my wants are stupid."

"What are your wants?" Olivia whispered.

"I want to be a father to Adalee and Ainsley. And I want to be with you." Elliot replied slowly. He wiped a tear from his cheek that Olivia had noticed but didn't mention.

"We were married for less than a year, Elliot... and it ended in heartbreak," Olivia spoke.

"Let me prove to you that I will be the best husband and the absolute best father to our children," Elliot replied. He sat the items he brought on the table by the door, before stepping forward and holding his ex to his body. They rested their foreheads against each other and Elliot rubbed Olivia's back gently.

"You are toxic," Olivia whispered.

"I'll change for you and our girls," Elliot replied, as tears welled in his eyes.

"I thought you were a changed man when we got married. When you became a marine. Elliot, there is only so much change that can happen." Olivia breathed. She pressed a soft kiss to his nose before moving from his arms.

She stepped back and went to shut the door, but Elliot stopped her.

"I want you, Liv. Please, just give me another chance!" Elliot exclaimed. Olivia looked down as she thought about how happy she had been with Elliot. Even if it was just for a few moments. And even if her mind screamed at her to not trust him, her heart was screaming just as loudly to take him back.

"No one is home... uh, I've been staying in your old room while looking for a house. Uh, we can talk up there." Olivia breathed. 

Hey guys! Thanks for reading and please vote and comment all of your feedback below! :D