28

Joseph walked outside after sending Adalee to find Bernie. He stood in the doorway of his house and looked at his youngest child.

"What are you doing here, Elliot?" Joseph questioned.

"I came to see my kid. So, mind moving to the side so I can see my kid?" Elliot questioned.

"The moment that you sent Olivia divorce papers, and said that you wanted nothing to do with Addie... that is when you lost the right to be her father. To be around her. So, either get out of here by yourself, or I'll toss you out. You will not hurt my girls ever again." Joseph spoke, as he tried to remain as calm as possible. But he was having a hard time doing that. 

When Elliot left, Olivia and Adalee continued to be a big part of their family. Olivia was more of a daughter to him than Elliot had ever been a son to him. People told them that it was wrong to take the side of Elliot's ex, but after what he did, someone had to be on her side.

"You are just like Olivia, such a fucking bitch." Elliot spat.

"You are the bastard and the coward. You ran away from your problems instead of dealing with them head-on. Now, get the fuck off of my property!" Joseph boomed. He leaned forward to shove his son, but Elliot grabbed his father by the arm and turned him around quickly before pinning him against the house.

"Disrespect me one more time, and I'll kill you," Elliot growled.

"Olivia called her lawyer and I called the police, Elliot! Get off your father right now!" Bernie yelled, from where she was looking out of one of the windows on the second floor. She didn't want Adalee anywhere near Elliot, so she took her upstairs.

"Really? You'd call the cops on me? Such a freaking-"

"Don't yell at my grandma!" Adalee screamed, from where she slipped between her grandmother and the window. She stared at the man that was pinning her beloved grandfather against the house, and Elliot felt himself falter. 

This was the first time he was seeing his daughter, and it made him freeze up. 

"I'll go," Elliot whispered, as he let his father go. He quickly stumbled back before moving towards his car.

"Never come back around!" Joseph spat, but he was feeling very out of breath at the moment.

|*|

Once Olivia was off her shift, she went home and got showered and changed before heading towards Bernie and Joseph's house. When she got there, she grew anxious when she saw the lights of a police car. She quickly scrambled from her car and went running up the path. She opened the door and saw Bernie sitting on the couch with Adalee on her lap.

"What's happening? Is everyone okay?" Olivia asked, panicked. Adalee scrambled from her grandmother's lap before sprinting to her mother. Olivia lifted Adalee up and held her close.

"Elliot showed up and he threatened his father. He came to see Adalee." Bernie whispered, and Olivia swallowed hard as she caressed Adalee's brown hair.

"Of course he did. Of course, he couldn't just leave everything alone." Olivia sighed.

"I told him that you got in contact with your lawyer... you need to actually do that. Make sure that he can't get close to Adalee." Bernie breathed.

"Are you good, girly? Did he hurt you or did he scare you?" Olivia whispered into her daughter's hair.

"He yelled at Grandma and hurt Papa. Why did he do that? Why did my Daddy do that?" Adalee questioned, as she looked up at her mother as tears welled in her eyes.

"I don't know why he does what he does. And honey, he isn't your Daddy if you don't want him to be. Now, let's go home. I need my Addie girl." Olivia breathed. Olivia sat Adalee on her feet and the little girl went to grab her bag. Olivia slowly walked into the kitchen where Joseph sat drinking a cup of coffee.

"Are you okay?" Olivia asked quietly.

"He threatened to kill me. So I'm not doing great." Joseph replied quietly.

"I'm sorry that I let this-"

"You didn't cause this. He did it because he's a jackass. So don't apologize. Just get that little girl home and get her mind off of what she witnessed today."

|*|

Elliot kept his distance for weeks. He was forced to stay on the base during his orientation, so by the time he could leave again and could make the drive to Manhattan, it had been about 9 weeks.

Elliot sat outside of Olivia's apartment building and looked up and watched as Olivia and Adalee walked around the living room that morning. He could see as Olivia packed up Adalee's bag, then he saw her sprint towards a room in the back. He was wondering why they were up so early, but then it was very sudden when Adalee and Olivia came outside and headed towards Olivia's car.

"Why are you here?" Adalee asked, as she stopped walking beside her mother and looked at Elliot.

"Addie, come on. I have to get you to school before I head to the doctor's." Olivia spoke, but then she stopped when she saw who Adalee was talking to.

"I don't want you here." Adalee huffed, as she quickly moved to her mother's side and hugged her legs.

"Why do you have to go to the doctor's?" Elliot asked, as he awkwardly looked at his ex.

"I'm sick. Okay? I don't know why you are back, but I will get a restraining order against your ass. Get away from me and my daughter. Stop ruining our lives!" Olivia exclaimed, and Elliot just frowned before sitting back on the hood of his car as Olivia and Adalee got into their vehicle and Olivia drove off quickly.

|*|

When Olivia finally made it to work, Felix was sitting on a bench in the locker room as he shinned his shoes.

"Hey, Felix. Can I tell you something?" Olivia asked, and Felix looked at her and nodded.

"You can tell me anything. Like, are you going to tell me why you were an hour late?" Felix asked, and Olivia sat beside him before grabbing his hand as tears ran down her cheeks.

"You know that night that I didn't know what happened? With my ex?" Olivia questioned, and Felix nodded.

"Yeah, it was a rough few days for you." Felix frowned as he looked over at his friend.

"Well, it's going to be a rough next 8 months..."

Hey guys! Thanks for reading and please vote and comment all of your feedback below! :D