23

After lunch, Olivia and Elliot went to the store to pick up more diapers for Adalee. Olivia talked to Elliot about what she bought for Adalee and what brands she got. Elliot tried to keep a mental list of it all because he didn't want to get the wrong wipes or something and cause his daughter to break out into a rash.

"So do you have a place you hope to get stationed?" Olivia asked as she walked around the store with Adalee sleeping with her head against her shoulder. She was swaying a bit with each step to keep her daughter sleeping.

"Here, honestly. But that won't happen. So hopefully someplace close enough where you and I can still come home and visit." Elliot replied. He reached over and grabbed a bag of chips before looking at his wife to see her expression.

"Get the chips, El. And if we have to live across the country... at least we are in the country. I think if we lived on the other side of the world I'd probably have a mental breakdown." Olivia replied. She turned her head to kiss Adalee's temple before looking back at her husband as they moved back down the aisle.

"Please don't have a mental breakdown, Liv. I don't think that Adalee and I would manage to survive without you." Elliot spoke.

"Adalee would have to be on formula, and I don't think she'd adjust well," Olivia replied. Elliot looked over at his wife and smiled softly.

"As long as I'm with my girls, then I'll be good. Will you be good with just me and Miss Thang?" Elliot asked, and Olivia nodded.

"I promise."

|*|

For the first five days of Elliot's break, Olivia and he spent as much time together as possible. They tried to not spend too much time away from Adalee, but they also just wanted to be together and alone for a while.

"Are you sure that your Mom is okay watching Adalee today? I know that she has plenty of milk and stuff to feed her... but what if Adalee gets all fussy and stuff?" Olivia asked, and Elliot sighed as he held her hand and led her into the theater.

"She probably will, but my mom has had so many kids. She can take care of our daughter for a few hours. She even volunteered. We need some alone time together. We never really got the chance. Between you being pregnant and me going off to training." Elliot spoke. Olivia nodded quietly, before walking into the door to their theater. She stopped and waited for Elliot to catch up before they headed up to the top.

They got settled into their seats before Elliot started to dig into the popcorn. While his mouth was full, Olivia started to speak.

"Do you think that we will last?" She asked nervously. Elliot finished chewing the popcorn before looking at his wife.

"What?" He asked.

"Do you think that you and I will last as a couple? Or do you think we got married too early and will break up before Adalee turns five?" Olivia replied, and Elliot's eyes went wide as the lights dimmed as the previews started.

"Did you find someone new while I was away?" Elliot asked, and Olivia's eyes went wide. She struggled to respond as Elliot's phone vibrated in his pocket. He looked at it before standing.

"I've got to go." He grumbled, and Olivia looked at him as tears welled in her eyes.

"I didn't find someone new..."

|*|

Elliot walked out of the theater as he answered the call.

"Private Stabler," Elliot spoke.

"Private, we found out where we are stationing you. How does Kaneohe Bay sound?"

"Where is that?" Elliot questioned, as he crossed his arm over his chest as he walked towards his car. He was going to leave his wife here because he was feeling like maybe she had cheated on him.

"Hawaii. I know that it's far away, but it's where we have an opening for you and your family."

"And lodging?" Elliot questioned.

"There is no space on the base, but you will get a house outside to stay in until we have an opening. You leave in 6 days. I'd start packing and shipping your stuff here."

"Thank you, sir," Elliot spoke before ending the call. He climbed into the car before starting it up and leaving. 

Olivia had just walked out of the building and was trying to get to the car, but her husband pulled from the parking lot too quickly. She stood there as tears ran down her cheeks.

She wrapped her arms around her body before turning and walking in the direction of their house.

|*|

Once Olivia made it home, two hours later than Elliot, she found her husband starting to pack up. She stomped into their bedroom and slammed the door shut.

"You ass! You left me at the theater! I had to walk home because you wouldn't answer your damn phone!" Olivia yelled.

"You cheated on me!" Elliot yelled back, and Olivia was quick to shake her head.

"I didn't cheat on you while you were gone! I would never do that to you and our child! I love you both so much, even if you are a giant dickhead!" Olivia spat. She walked over to him and shoved him hard, and he shoved her back. She caught her shoe on the corner of the book and stumbled.

"You made it pretty damn clear that we-"

"I just asked you a simple question, Elliot! I asked you if we would stay together because we got married and had a child so damn young! I didn't cheat on you, and I will never cheat on you. Do you feel the same, or will you leave me when I get too old and have had a trillion of your children?!" Olivia huffed.

"We are moving to Hawaii in 6 days. Pack up your shit or I'm leaving you and our kid behind. Then you can hook up with whatever guy you've been fucking since I left for Infantry training." Elliot growled, before turning and stomping away. Olivia crossed her arms over her chest before letting out a loud groan. She left the room as tears welled in her eyes.

Hey guys! Thanks for reading and please vote and comment all of your feedback below! :D