22

Elliot watched Adalee while Olivia got ready for the day. He sat in their bedroom and just watched as his daughter woke up and stared at the stranger holding her. Elliot smiled so very large when he saw the blue eyes looking back at him. He loved that Adalee is the absolute perfect mix between himself and his wife.

"Okay, so do I look nice?" Olivia asked. She had been watching her husband and daughter for a while, and Elliot didn't even notice when she walked out of the bathroom naked or when she started to search through her closet for something to wear.

Elliot looked over at his wife and saw her standing there in a pair of dark washed jeans and a dusty pink blouse.

"You look stunning, Livvie. When did you get those?" Elliot asked, as he took a hand away from Adalee's small body and motioned towards his wife's shirt and pants. He hadn't seen her in anything but dresses, maternity pants, and sweats since they had gotten married. He loved the way she looked in anything, but this outfit kinda surprised him.

"Your Mom took me out to get some new clothes since most of my stuff was made for me to wear when I was pregnant with Adalee," Olivia spoke. Elliot smiled and nodded.

"I'm married to a very hot woman." He spoke, and Olivia rolled her eyes.

"I'm still not down to my weight before Adalee. My body has-"

"It may have changed, but you are so amazing and stunning. Come here, baby." Elliot smiled. Olivia blushed as she walked over to the bed. She sat down beside him before reaching out and rubbing her thumb over Adalee's chubby little cheek.

"So do you want to go out to lunch with us today? Or do you want to just spend your day here with your parents?" Olivia asked, nervously. She didn't want her husband to be home, but not want to spend any time with her and their child.

"I want to be with my two girls! So, pick out what you want me to wear then maybe we can pick what Adalee should wear together." Elliot smiled. Olivia rolled her eyes as she climbed off the bed and walked over to the dresser and pulled out a pair of jeans for Elliot, then she grabbed a nice button-up shirt and walked over to Elliot.

"Put these on. Then go and shave. Please." Olivia spoke, as she took Adalee from her husband and held her close.

"My beard isn't even that bad! It's only been three days since I've shaved!" Elliot exclaimed.

"That's the point. Sometimes I don't like the beard and right now is one of those times. Our daughter will thank me for this because she hates getting kisses when the man has a beard. Just as your father." Olivia spoke.

"Is that why he doesn't have his beard anymore?" Elliot spoke with wide eyes.

"Yeah, it's because of our daughter. She runs this house."

|*|

Elliot and Olivia left early, just in case Adalee decided to be difficult. Elliot was very much enjoying being able to take care of his child. He loved, surprisingly, even changing diapers and cleaning up spit-up.

"There she is." Olivia smiled, as she pointed at the back booth. Elliot saw Serena sitting there and he smiled.

"You look a hell of a lot like her, Liv." Elliot breathed, as he leaned closer to his wife as they passed a waiter.

"I know. I like it. It's like I have what I didn't before. I have a mom who loves me for me, and a sister who is quickly becoming one of my best friends." Olivia breathed.

"She's adopted?" Elliot whispered as they got closer to the table.

"Yeah, but she's still my big sister and I was up later last night because we were talking." Olivia beamed. She stepped away from her husband and bridged the gap between herself and Serena.

Olivia stepped forward once Serena stood, and she hugged her tightly. Serena rubbed her daughter's back for several moments before they parted.

"I love this shirt on you, Livvie." Serena smiled.

"Thanks! Elliot liked it too... also, Mom, this is my husband." Olivia spoke, as she took Adalee's carrier from her husband, while Elliot reached his hand out to the woman who gave him his Olivia.

"Ms. Benson-"

"Serena. I hate being called Ms. Benson because it makes me feel weird because I have two daughters and am not married." Serena spoke, before pulling Elliot into a tight hug. Elliot hugged her back awkwardly before stepping back.

"I thought you weren't supposed to come back for a while?" Serena smiled, as they sat down in the booth. Olivia passed Adalee to Serena, before resting into the side of her husband.

"He lied to me. He said that they had days to make up due to weather, but then he showed up early this morning to surprise me. He'll be regretting lying to me." Olivia spoke, as she rubbed her husband's leg.

"I really wanted to surprise her. I also like watching her sleep... I know it's weird but-"

"She always kinda wrinkled up her nose when she sleeps. Right?" Serena asked, and Elliot smiled and Olivia blushed as her mother and husband talked about her.

"Yeah. I noticed that my kid does that too. She was doing it this morning when I got to see her for the first time in two months." Elliot spoke.

He listened to his wife and mother-in-law talk and he was just fine listening to them. He loved that his wife finally got the mother she deserved and that she got the true reason why Serena gave her up to Melanie and Jason.

"El." Olivia breathed, and Elliot looked over at his wife and nodded.

"Yeah?"

"Are you okay? You have zoned out. I had to order you something to eat." Olivia spoke, her eyes were full of worry. Elliot leaned over and kissed her softly before smiling.

"I'm just happy to be home with you and Adalee. And I'm just so elated that you and Serena have a relationship. A good one." Elliot breathed. Olivia smiled before resting her head against his shoulder.

Hey guys! Thanks for reading and please vote and comment all of your feedback below! :D