13

Bernie and Olivia got home earlier than Elliot and Joseph did. Once Olivia got back to the house, she showered and got changed before laying down in the bed that she barely got to share with her husband.

"What took you guys so long?" Bernie asked as she made something to eat. It was late, but she was hungry and she was hoping to get Olivia to wake up and eat something.

"We took the wrong exit. Where is Liv?" Elliot asked, and Bernie frowned softly as she moved her head in the direction of the stairs.

"She showered and got changed. I think she decided to lay down." Bernie replied. Elliot nodded slowly before dropping his bag on the floor before turning and heading towards the stairs.

Joseph looked at his wife and frowned.

"We didn't take the wrong exit. Elliot pulled off because he was crying. Bern, this is way too hard for him. What if they get a divorce? And he wants to be apart of the Infantry so what if that pushes Liv over the edge and she decides to divorce him then because his chances of getting hurt just skyrocketed?" Joseph asked, and Bernie frowned.

"They just need to figure this out together. Does he know how long the training for infantry is?" Bernie asked, and Joseph sighed.

"Way longer than the five weeks left before Adalee is born." 

|*|

Elliot walked into his bedroom and found his wife laying on her side of the bed holding his pillow to her chest. He quickly slipped his shoes off before walking over to the bed. He sat down on the edge of it before slowly laying down. He didn't want to wake her up, but when he rolled over to face her, he noticed that her eyes were open.

"Hey," Elliot whispered.

"Should I go home?" Olivia mumbled.

"This is your home," Elliot replied.

"Elliot, I don't know if I'm made for this life."

"No one is. Liv, we love each other so we can make it through this together!" Elliot exclaimed.

"What did you pick?" Olivia questioned quietly.

"Infantry..."

"How long is your next training?" Olivia breathed.

"59 days..."

"And you start the day after your ten-day break?" Olivia whimpered as tears welled in her eyes.

"Liv-"

"You are going to miss our daughter's birth! God! Why couldn't you just wait and find somewhere else to work?!" Olivia spat. She quickly climbed out of bed before heading out of the room. She didn't want to go downstairs where Bernie and Joseph would be, so she went into the bathroom instead and shut the door tightly. She tried to lock the door, but her hands were shaking so badly.

She walked over and sank down onto the edge of the bathtub as tears streamed down her cheeks. She ran her hands over her face as Elliot knocked on the door lightly.

"Babe, please open up." Elliot plead.

"I don't want you to go. I don't want you to be away from me and Adalee. Elliot, I don't want you to die because you had to pick going into the heart of battle instead of just fixing the vehicles or helping out as a medic or something. Did you forget about me when you decided?" Olivia whimpered. Elliot turned the handle of the door and breathed a sigh of relief because Olivia didn't manage to actually lock herself in the bathroom.

"I'm selfish, I know that. But Liv, I had a calling. I need to be a Marine. I'm going to make my family proud, I'm going to make you proud. There will be a point where you will be happy that I chose this. Okay? Just trust me, babe."

"Our daughter will be almost a month old by the time you get out of training. She's going to be different from who she was when she was born. She won't know your voice or your touch. Elliot, I'll be the only one she knows as her parent." Olivia whimpered.

"I will make it up to her for being away from her so often." Elliot breathed. He knelt down in front of his wife before gently running his hands over her swollen stomach. Olivia started to sob as Adalee kicked Elliot's hand.

"See, she knows who I am." Elliot smiled softly.

"Not for long," Olivia whispered.

|*|

Elliot tried to spend all of his time with Olivia. He helped her put together the crib and to clean and fold Adalee's clothes. There was no use just waiting for Elliot to get stationed and to move for them to start getting stuff set up for Adalee because she was going to be born long before her parents had a home.

"Thanks for taking me out for dinner, El." Olivia breathed, as she and Elliot walked hand and hand through Central Park after eating dinner. As they walked, Olivia and Elliot both realized that this was the same path they walked before Olivia almost lost their daughter.

"I cannot believe that it's been so long since we were here together. But I hate that both times you are upset." Elliot breathed. Olivia looked at him and frowned.

"4 weeks until we are parents," Olivia spoke, as she tried to think of good things to talk about instead of their sadness that Elliot was leaving in 3 days.

"I cannot wait to meet our daughter." Elliot smiled as they stopped and sat down on a bench.

"I can't either. I'm getting very uncomfortable." Olivia sighed. She continued to hold her husband's hand as she shifted a bit to try and get more comfortable.

"I love you, Liv. More than words could ever describe. I know that I've hurt you in the past, but I can promise you that I will try my hardest to never hurt you again." Elliot spoke, and Olivia nodded. She leaned over and gently kissed his cheek.

"Do you love me?" Elliot laughed softly, and Olivia sighed.

"I do. Why are you so needy?" She teased.

"Because I love attention. You should know that by now." Elliot grinned. He wrapped his arm around Olivia's shoulder and held her close as the breeze picked up a bit. Olivia closed her eyes and let the breeze just blow her hair a bit and cool down her face.

"El?" Olivia questioned after several long moments. She had felt weird all day and now she really thinks she knows what is happening.

"Yeah?" He replied.

"Uh, I think my water just broke." Olivia breathed, and Elliot's eyes went wide as he turned and looked at her.

"You have four weeks still, Liv," Elliot replied, but the look on her face said it all.

"But these are real contractions, Elliot. Like... oh my fuck do they hurt." Olivia groaned as her stomach tensed up. Elliot's eyes went wide, as he let her squeeze his hand as tightly as she wanted.

"How many have you had?" Elliot questioned rapidly.

"I thought they were just the practice ones, but nope. These are the real deal. Can you please take me to the hospital?" Olivia spoke.

"Uh, sure," Elliot spoke. He was shaking as he stood and helped his wife to her feet. Elliot drew her into a quick hug as tears ran down his cheeks.

"I get to meet her, Liv." Elliot breathed, as his wife wrapped her arms around her.

"I'm so glad you get too."

Hey guys! Once again, a huge thanks to Elliot_Michael_ for helping me with everything Marines and for helping me to decide that the baby would be born early so that Elliot could meet his daughter. Thank you all so much for reading and please vote and comment all of your feedback below! :D