36

Elliot sat on the edge of Olivia's bed as she sat on the window seat. She wanted to keep her distance so that she didn't do something or someone, that she'd regret. She kept her eyes down as Elliot stared at her.

"I thought we could talk, Liv." Elliot breathed.

"I know. I said that we would... but it's really hard to talk to you after everything that happened." Olivia replied.

"Why don't we talk about the girls, then we don't have to talk about ourselves for a bit," Elliot spoke, and Olivia nodded in agreement.

"We got kicked out of our apartment shortly after I found out that I was pregnant. Adalee doesn't seem bothered by it because she loves your parents and absolutely loves being here with them." Olivia spoke.

"She is their favorite." Elliot laughed softly.

"Adalee and Ainsley both need a little more love than the rest of their grandchildren. Since it's only me raising them." Olivia sighed softly.

"I saw Adalee out with my father one weekend and I saw her with a cast on. How did that happen?" Elliot asked quietly.

"She fell at school and broke her arm. It happened on the same day that we lost our apartment. It was a rough day." Olivia replied. She stood and walked over and sat beside Elliot. Their hands found each other and their fingers intertwined again.

"I love you, Liv. I love you so freaking much." Elliot whispered as he drew her hand to his lips. He pressed a gentle kiss to her knuckles.

"Are you sure that you and Amy aren't getting back together?" Olivia asked quietly.

"No, we aren't. And I'm not renewing my contract at the end of the month. I'm going to the academy and I'm going to be an officer." Elliot replied. Olivia stared at him with wide eyes.

"So we could stay in Manhattan?" Olivia asked.

"We could get a house and settle down. Just you, me, Adalee, and Ainsley."

"Are you sure? Elliot, if you hurt me again I will stab you." Olivia warned, and Elliot laughed softly before smiling.

"I'll take the best care of you all as humanly possible. So, uh, will you date me?" Elliot asked, and Olivia leaned close and kissed him deeply.

"I'd love to take things slow. Even if we have two kids together, we still need to go slow... and to start you need to get your ass out of here before your parents get home with our oldest."

"Or I could sneak out of your window like I used to do when you were living with your Aunt and Uncle." Elliot breathed, and Olivia blushed before nodding.

"Only cuddling. Nothing else. And you are the big spoon."

|*|

Once Adalee and her grandparents got home, she went straight to find her mother. She wanted to tell her all about the movie that she had watched. Her grandparents laughed as she went running up the stairs because they just couldn't stand how absolutely adorable she is.

"Momma!" Adalee exclaimed as she swung open her mother's door. She stopped when she saw her mother asleep on the bed with a man. She tiptoed into the room and looked at the man and saw her father. She was confused at first, but then she just knew that she wanted to spend time with her father even if he didn't know. She slipped onto the bed and forced herself in between her mother and father.

"Adalee?" Elliot questioned quietly as he woke up. Adalee looked up at him as tears ran down her cheeks.

"God did it." She breathed.

"God did what?" Elliot asked.

"He let you know that I love you. That's why you are here, right? Because he told you that Momma, Ainsley, and myself love you?" Adalee asked, and Elliot nodded before pressing a soft kiss to her hair.

"He did remind me, but I have loved you three all along," Elliot replied quietly. He held adalee close before removing one hand from her small body and rested it against Olivia's hip.

This is where they were meant to be. They were meant to be together and to love and support each other. Olivia wasn't going to be raising her daughters alone anymore, because she was going to be raising them with their father.

|*|

Bernie and Joseph weren't too sure about Olivia and Elliot getting back together. But in the end, they saw how happy Adalee and Olivia were when they were around the new and improved Elliot. How Adalee didn't cry from sadness anymore, but instead from some dumb joke that her father told. And Olivia didn't look as old as she had when she was all on her own.

At the end of their first month together again, Elliot got honorably discharged and he moved to Manhattan. He had several months before the next class at the academy was starting, so they had time to get a house and Elliot was going to be there for Ainsley's birth and the first few months of her life. He was also making a promise to his girls to never leave them and intentionally disappoint them again.

"This is so much bigger than the apartments that we had when we were younger. I love it, El." Olivia smiled, as she looked around the house that Elliot and she had started to rent and had the intentions of buying at one point or another.

"We need more space than that stupid studio we had when you found out you were pregnant with Addie." Elliot smiled. He looked at Olivia saw how truly happy she was, and he knew that being away from Amy and leaving the Marines was the right choice. Being with Olivia, Adalee, and Ainsley was where he truly needed to be now and forever. 

"So, what now?" Olivia asked as she walked over to Elliot ran her hands over his hips. Elliot laughed softly as he pulled her close.

"Now you and I are going to get your furniture from the storage unit and mine is going to be here tomorrow. We will move everything in tomorrow and then we can finally have a place of our own." Elliot breathed. He placed his lips against hers for a few moments before just holding her close.

"Thanks, El."

"Trust me when I say that I will do anything for you and our girls. Anything."

"Then I'm going to ask you to do something," Olivia spoke.

"Okay?" Elliot questioned.

"Don't be an ass and stay around for us."

Hey guys! Thanks for reading and please vote and comment all of your feedback below! :D