38

Adalee didn't notice the change in her mother and father, so the morning was easy. Elliot made breakfast once Adalee was awake and Olivia got her dressed and fixed her hair. They tried to keep the morning as normal as possible because any change might throw Adalee's day off completely.

"Momma, can you walk me out to the bus with Daddy?" Adalee asked as Elliot helped her get her backpack on. Olivia was standing at the island with her hands holding so tightly to the counter that her knuckles were white.

"Liv?" Elliot questioned, and Olivia swallowed hard before speaking.

"I'm gonna stay inside, Addie. But I love you. I'll see you tonight." Olivia breathed, and Adalee went to complain, but Elliot looked at the clock and spoke.

"The bus will be here in a few minutes, Addie. It's time to head out." Elliot spoke as he lifted his daughter up and took her outside. Olivia looked over her shoulder and let out a sigh of relief as the door closed.

She quietly walked over to the front window and looked out as her daughter stood at the end of the driveway with her father. Olivia was incredibly thankful for Elliot at this moment because she almost blew her cover and let Adalee know that Ainsley was coming sooner than they thought.

|*|

When Elliot came back inside, Olivia was sitting on the edge of the couch and was running her hands over her lower back. She looked over at Elliot and frowned.

"I'm going to call your parents and ask them to pick Adalee up after school. I think that by then we will be at the hospital and either Ainsley will be here or will be almost here." Olivia spoke, as she ran her fingers over her stomach.

"How far apart are the contractions, Liv? Because if they are-"

"They aren't as close as you think they are. We still have time. I just want to be ready to go and make sure that our daughter has a ride home." Olivia spoke. She stood slowly and walked over to Elliot before kissing him softly.

"I'm kinda freaking out," Elliot whispered.

"I am too," Olivia admitted.

"And why are you?" Elliot questioned, and Olivia laughed softly.

"Because I'm going to be having a baby soon, Elliot. It's kinda scary especially since you never know if something could go wrong. Like what if I bleed? Like what if after she's born I hemorrhage or something?" Olivia asked quietly. She went from laughing to feeling like sobbing.

"You won't bleed, Olivia. Everything will go exactly how it is meant to go. Now, do you want to try and get some sleep? I'll call my parents and tell them about what is all happening." Elliot spoke, and Olivia nodded slowly.

"I think it would be a good idea... I love you."

"I love you too, honey."

|*|

While Olivia was upstairs, Elliot packed the hospital bag. He made sure that Olivia had everything she would want, and he made sure to pack some clothes for himself because last time he forgot. He then sat down on the back porch and dialed his mother's number as he tried to keep his cool.

"Elliot, what is happening?" Bernie asked as soon as she answered her phone.

"So, Olivia is in labor."

"Are you guys at the hospital yet?" Bernie questioned quickly.

"No. We are still at home. She's taking a nap, and I just wanted to call you guys and warn you. And we were wondering if you and Dad could get Adalee after school adn take care of her while Olivia is having Ainsley?" Elliot questioned.

"Of course we will, honey. Are you doing okay?" Bernie asked as she wrote herself a note so she'd remember to pick Adalee up after school.

"I'm scared, but I can't wait to meet my new baby. Thank you so much for helping us out." Elliot spoke.

"Of course, Elliot. Do you need me to call Sierra and Serena?" Bernie questioned.

"No. I'm gonna call them. They both want to be there when Ainsley is born, so I'm going to make sure that happens."

|*|

It was a little after noon when Olivia finally gave in and let her boyfriend take her to the hospital. They held hands and were met outside by Serena and Sierra.

"How are you doing, baby sis?" Sierra asked, as she walked over and hugged her sister tightly.

"I'm in a lot of pain." She whispered as tears ran down her cheeks.

"Oh, honey. Everything will be okay. Mom and I will be there for you when Elliot faints." Sierra laughed softly. 

"I'm not going to faint, Sierra. But I may get sick. I don't know yet." Elliot replied. He reached out and rubbed his girlfriend's back for several moments before they finally moved inside. They walked to the front desk and they got Olivia checked in before heading for the elevator and to the maternity floor.

"How far apart are your contracts now?" Serena asked as she smiled at her youngest daughter.

"About seven minutes or so... but I'm spotting a bit..." Olivia breathed as she whispered the last part to her mother. Serena nodded slowly.

"It's common... don't worry. I know that this is your second baby, but you might have forgotten a few things." Serena spoke, and Olivia nodded a bit.

"I hope I just forgot and that nothing bad is happening to Ainsley Grace."

Elliot looked over at Olivia with tears in his eyes. He had heard the whole conversation.

"Why didn't you tell me that you were bleeding?" Elliot questioned, and Olivia's eyes went wide.

"Because I didn't want to scare you," Olivia replied.

"You promised to keep me in the loop."

|*|

Olivia started to bleed a little bit more as the hours went on. Her doctor kept a close eye on her, but everyone said that it was normal and nothing to really worry about. Olivia delivered Ainsley at around five that evening, but as soon as she was born Olivia was rushed to the OR to stop the bleeding as it got worse. Elliot was moved to the waiting room and sat their anxiously for hours with Serena and Sierra as they wanted for news on Olivia.

"Elliot?" Olivia's doctor questioned.

"Yeah?" He breathed as he stood up quickly.

"Olivia is asking for you. She's doing so much better now that we stopped the bleeding."

"But she's good now? She shouldn't just start bleeding again soon?" Elliot asked, and the doctor nodded.

"She has gotten her color back and she said she isn't feeling as weak and shaky anymore. C'mon. I think she wants to see you and get to hold Ainsley."

Hey guys! Thanks for reading and please vote and comment all of your feedback below! :D