19

Olivia was shocked when she heard what Serena said. She slowly walked from the living room and went into the kitchen. She started to make tea, while Serena quietly walked into the kitchen behind her daughter.

"I'm sorry that I had to tell you that. It's just that I want to be honest with you. I don't want to make you think that I actually tried to kill you when I didn't."

"Who's my Dad?" Olivia asked, as she turned around and looked at Serena.

"Like I said... I was a slut. I don't know who your father is, and I'll probably never know." Serena breathed.

"You gave me to Jason and Melanie so I could have a good life. And I'm so thankful to you for that." Olivia spoke.

"I never thought that I would hear you say that." Serena breathed.

"I never thought I'd say that either because my whole life I was told lies about you. I was told that you tried to kill me and that is why Melanie and Jason took me. And was Melanie really there with you when you were in labor with me?" Olivia asked.

"My mother was. Melanie didn't even know that I was having you. We hadn't decided that they were going to adopt you yet." Serena spoke. Olivia nodded as she heard the kettle start to screech as the water got hot enough. Olivia pulled it off of the burner before turning the burner off.

"You are in a better place now, right?" Olivia asked, and Serena nodded.

"I'm in a much better place. Sierra and I work at the same hospital as nurses, and I'm in a very good point in my recovery."

"My mother in law is going to be the only one home tonight with me and Adalee. Would you like to stay for dinner?" Olivia asked.

"I actually have a shift tonight. But can we plan a lunch at some point soon?" Serena asked.

"I'll have to bring my baby..."

"I'd love to really meet her. She's such a cutie... I can see that your husband's parents really love her. The pictures prove that." Serena smiled.

"Okay. Uh, let me give you my number and we can hang out soon."

|*|

Olivia didn't know why, but she decided to go see Melanie and Jason. She just wanted to talk to them and tell them that she knew that they had lied to her. She brought Adalee and drove to her parents' house where they were both outside doing yard work. Olivia parked and got Adalee out of her carrier before walking towards where Melanie was pulling weeds from her garden.

"I need to talk to you and Jason," Olivia spoke. Melanie looked over and glanced in the carrier before turning back around.

"We don't need you, Olivia. We don't want you. So take that bastard of a baby and leave." Melanie spat, and Olivia's eyes went wide. She looked over at Jason and saw as he quietly walked over to them.

"My daughter isn't a bastard. And Serena didn't try to kill me. You weren't in the room when I was born. And you never should have adopted me. You should have just let me stay with Serena because then maybe, just maybe, you wouldn't feel the need to call my child a bastard! We all know that you two fucked and got pregnant before you got married! We are a family of sluts!" Olivia yelled. She felt the burn of Melanie's hand as it struck her.

"We told you not to talk to Serena!" Jason yelled as he joined them.

"But she hasn't lied to me my whole life! You two did! And I know that you treated me differently than the rest of your kids. I know that you wanted to keep me around so I could just take care of your house and be your maid. But now, now that I'm out on my own, you just want to be a bunch of asses to me. You will never, and I mean never know your grandchild. Oh wait, you are my aunt and uncle. You'll never know your great niece." Olivia spat, before stomping off.

She got Adalee secured in the back seat, then she walked around to the front of her car and climbed in. She was angry and beyond upset. All she wanted to do was scream, but if she did, she'd wake up her daughter and have to work on putting her back down for the night.

Olivia looked at where her adoptive parents stood, and she saw Melanie looking at her as tears ran down her cheeks. But Olivia didn't feel bad for making her cry, because Olivia has cried herself to sleep many times in the last 19 years of her life.

Olivia lifted her right hand and flipped her parents off before backing out of the driveway to head back home.

|*|

"So, I heard that you got into a fight with Melanie and Jason," Joseph spoke, as he, Bernie, and Olivia sat down for dinner that night. Olivia looked up at him and nodded.

"They called Adalee a bastard. So yeah, I yelled at them." Olivia replied. She reached forward and grabbed the salt before shaking some onto her corn.

"They are going to regret not meeting her." Joseph huffed, from where he sat at the head of the table. One hand was used to eat his dinner, and the other was holding on to Adalee.

"She only needs you two... Maybe Serena." Olivia breathed.

"Serena?" Bernie asked.

"Yeah, Serena. She came by today. We talked, and we are planning for lunch for a day soon. I'm bringing Adalee, so please don't volunteer to watch her." Olivia spoke, and Joseph shrugged.

"I'm taking her to work with me tomorrow. You don't want to fight me on that." He smiled. Olivia nodded slowly before sighing.

"She tried to kill herself. That's why she gave me up. She didn't try to kill me. It was just a way for Jason and Melanie to keep me imprisoned."

Hey guys! Thanks for reading and please vote and comment all of your feedback below! :D