20

Olivia and Serena met up about a week later. Olivia didn't want to plan it any later than that week, because once Elliot is back from training, she only wanted to focus on him and their daughter. 

"Hey!" Serena smiled, as she waved her daughter over to where she sat. Olivia smiled as she swerved through the tables before getting to the one in the corner. Olivia sat Adalee's carrier in the booth before sliding in beside it.

"Thanks for getting a booth. It's so much easier to have her right there instead of like on the table or floor or something." Olivia rambled.

"Honey, take a deep breath and calm yourself. Just try and think of this as just a lunch you'd have with Melanie." Serena smiled gently.

"I don't know what that is like, Serena. Melanie never took me out to lunch unless I needed her to drive me to the mall for school supplies."

"Never clothes shopping?" Serena asked, and Olivia shook head.

"I always wore whatever the kids wore before me. Like never, and I mean never, did I get new clothes. People liked that I was wearing clothes from a completely different decade, but still." Olivia sighed. She turned her head and checked on Adalee who was still sleeping deeply.

"How old is she?" Serena asked, and Olivia looked back at her biological mother and smiled.

"She's almost two months old... It's crazy." Olivia spoke.

"She's stunning, Olivia."

"Liv. I like being called Liv." Olivia replied.

"Okay, well your daughter is absolutely stunning, Liv." Serena smiled before laughing softly.

"Elliot and I weren't expecting to have a baby. I didn't even know if our relationship was gonna last. But then the test came back positive and the bills started to pile up..." Olivia sighed.

"Did you end up breaking up for a bit?" Serena mused.

"We did. He lived with his parents and I lived with mine. But then when I was about 4ish months pregnant he came back around and asked me on a date. He just really wanted to be back together with me, and eventually, I felt the same." Olivia breathed. She lifted Adalee from the carrier before holding her close. She felt as her daughter rested her hand against her chest, and Olivia started to wonder quietly. She didn't know why that at the start of her pregnancy, that she didn't want Adalee.

"Let's order. Then I want to talk about everything." Serena breathed.

"I'm I the only one gonna open up, or are you gonna talk too?" Olivia asked, and Serena shrugged.

"Depends if you let me put in a word edgewise."

|*|

Olivia and Serena sat at that restaurant for hours. They talked and Serena even got to hold Adalee. Once they left the restaurant, they went to Central Park and sat on the bench that so many different things in Olivia's life have happened.

"You probably wouldn't have become this amazing of a woman if you had stayed with me," Serena spoke, as she looked over at Olivia.

"I sure wouldn't have Adalee. But I love my daughter and I don't want to be away from her. I love my husband too."

"So does he like the marines?" Serena asked.

"I think so. He hasn't been able to talk to me about it since he's so busy, but he loves what he does." Olivia replied. 

"So where are you moving once he's back?" Serena asked. She was sad asking Olivia that. After finding her daughter, she didn't want to lose her again.

"Somewhere down south. Then he may be heading across the ocean. I'm gonna be here with Adalee though. I can't travel to the front line with Elliot." Olivia sighed.

"At least you have a baby to take care of. She'll occupy your time. Keep your mind from wandering."

"I'm still gonna be worrying about my husband. If he's alive or dead. Hurt or lying in a field bleeding. There are so many things that I need to deal with from our home." Olivia sighed.

"Gonna get a job?" Serena asked.

"I have too. But I need to discuss this with my husband."

"You know... if you wanted someone down there... I'm sure Sierra and I could move down there to help out." Serena smiled gently.

"Serena, I would never ask that of you. You and Sierra have your own lives, and if you want to visit you are more than welcome... but you two don't have to completely tear up your roots and try to be transplanted down there again. And I'll be coming up here every once and awhile with Adalee so she can see Joseph and Bernie."

"I'm glad that you have a good support system."

"Joseph and Adalee have such a good bond... and Bernie is like a mother to me. Through this all, they have stuck by us. My parents just wanted me to break up with Elliot, live at home with them, and to just never do what I wanted. Adalee probably would have been turned against me by now." Olivia sighed.

"I thought that Jason and Melanie would be good parents to you. But it seems like they were never able to accept you for their child because they couldn't get the fact that I gave birth to you... out of their minds." Serena sighed.

"I'm a Benson. I just don't know if they think that because I'm not a Benson because of Jason, but because of you, that I couldn't be accepted." Olivia sighed.

"Wanna continue this by going to see Sierra on her break? She's eating lunch now, and I think she'd love to officially meet her sister and her niece." Serena smiled.

"Sure. But I have to get home by 5 because Joseph gets home then and expects to hold Adalee." Olivia grinned.

"I promise."

|*|

The day was good and Olivia really enjoyed getting to know her biological mother better. Olivia didn't know why Jason and Melanie played her off as some villain. She loved Olivia more than Jason and Melanie ever could.

She was glad that she got to meet Serena before Elliot got back because that means that she has one more person on her side.

Hey guys! Thanks for reading and please vote and comment all of your feedback below! :D