14

Olivia held on tightly to Elliot's hand as he drove to the hospital. It was nearly 6 so there was still a decent amount of after-work traffic that was backing it all up. Elliot kept feeling that about every 7 minutes his wife would squeeze his hand and take shaky breaths before brushing a tear from her cheek.

"Should we call our parents?" Olivia breathed, as she looked over at her husband.

"I don't know. Probably because we don't have any idea what we are doing." Elliot spoke, and Olivia nodded slowly. She bit her lip before grabbing Elliot's phone from where he had sat it in the cupholder. She quickly dialed her mother's number and waited several moments before getting her voicemail.

"Uh, hi mom... it's Liv. I just wanted to tell you that I'm in labor and heading to the hospital... if you get this please come to the same hospital that I was at when I almost lost Adalee... oh and her name is Adalee Grace... I love you, Mom. I really want you to be here for her to be born..." Olivia trailed off. She quickly passed the phone to her husband as she started to cry.

Elliot ended the call before dialing his parents' house number. He moved into the turn lane because even if he didn't need to turn for a while, due to traffic, at least he would be able to turn when he needed to a hell of a lot easier.

"Hello, this is the Stabler residence. Sorry that we cannot come to the phone right now, but please leave a message, a name, and a number and we will get back to you as soon as possible." Bernie's voice spoke. 

"Mom, it's me, Elliot. Liv is in labor. Meet us at the hospital. Please hurry because we are still kids and we are freaking out." Elliot spoke, before hanging up. He tossed his phone back into the cupholder before hearing his wife gasp before starting to cry harder.

"It's okay, Livvie. We will be there so soon. Just don't do anything till we get there." Elliot spoke, and Olivia quickly looked at him.

"If I have to push, I have no choice! Do you know that if you wait, your child could go into distress?!" Olivia cried.

"I didn't know! I'm sorry!" Elliot cried.

"What the hell were we thinking when we had unprotected sex?!" Olivia cried.

"I don't know! We make each other feel good then it just leads to this! Olivia, I will get you to the hospital before Adalee is ready to you know... get out!" Elliot exclaimed.

"Well, let's hope we get there soon!"

|*|

Melanie looked up from her phone then back at her husband.

"It's just Liv. This is the usual time she calls me to talk. It said Elliot's name, but she always jokes around with me that she's too lazy to find her phone." Melanie spoke, and Jason nodded slowly.

"We never talk." He frowned.

"So where were we?" Melanie asked.

"Deciding if we wanted to get a divorce or not..." Jason trailed off, and Melanie frowned before running her hands over her face.

"Jason, I love you. I've loved you for more than half of my life. I don't want to be away from you." Melanie replied. Jason smiled as he reached over and grabbed his wife's hand. He squeezed it tightly before drawing it to his lips as he leaned forward. He kissed her knuckles gently before smiling again.

"You cannot imagine how much happier I am now that you and I are getting somewhere... babe, I want you to come home."

"I want you to make up with our daughter before our grandchild is born," Melanie replied, and Jason nodded slowly.

"I want that too." He spoke. He reached into his pocket and hit Olivia's number. It went straight to voicemail, but neither of them thought much about it.

|*|

Olivia and Elliot made it to the hospital after nearly an hour in the car. Elliot and Olivia quickly moved into the ER lobby and started to fill out paperwork.

Elliot filled it all out now that he knew absolutely everything about his wife. Olivia was anxious and bouncing her leg as she waited for someone to tell her that they could help her.

"How are you feeling?" Elliot asked after he returned the paperwork. He sat beside his wife and grabbed her hand in his.

"I'm not feeling great at all. Elliot, I'm scared that I won't be able to do this." Olivia breathed, and Elliot frowned.

"I wish you could realize that you are stronger than you think you are. You will be able to do this. You might not want too, but it has to happen. And before you know it we can hold our baby close and kiss her sweet little face." 

"Elliot, don't leave me... please?" Olivia spoke.

"I could never think of leaving you right now!" Elliot exclaimed. He saw a nurse walking towards them with a wheelchair.

"Alright, Mrs. Stabler?" She asked, and Olivia nodded.

"That's me." She whispered.

"Okay, well let's get you checked out and admitted. It looks like your baby wants to meet you both a little early." The nurse smiled.

"She'll be okay, right? It's only four weeks early." Olivia breathed.

"She should be good. Hop on, and we can go."

|*|

Elliot's parents nor Olivia's parents listened to their messages. They didn't get to even attempt to get to the hospital for when their granddaughter was born. Elliot never left Olivia's side, and he was there the moment his daughter was born and it was a moment he'd never forget.

"She's got so much hair." Olivia cried as she held Adalee close. Elliot was holding one of Adalee's small hands as she cried loudly.

"She's beautiful, Liv. So freaking beautiful. Thank you for giving her to me." Elliot whispered, before leaning down and kissing his wife deeply. Their kiss didn't last too long because then they were going back to exclaiming over every inch of their daughter and how absolutely perfect she was.

"Please don't get yourself killed because I want her to have you in her life, Elliot," Olivia whispered as a nurse laid a blanket over Adalee to help keep her warm.

"I'll try to live... God, I love you two so much."

Hey guys! Thanks for reading! Please vote and comment all of your feedback below! :D