27

Elliot showed up one day after Olivia got out of work. Adalee was with Bernie and Joseph for the night, so she wasn't there to meet her father. Olivia had just gotten out of the shower when there was a knock on her apartment door. She slowly finished trying to dry her hair with her towel, before tossing it in the hamper before moving to the door. She looked through the peephole before drawing in a sharp breath. She slowly opened it before looking at Elliot.

"Hey." She breathed. Elliot looked at her and his eyes went wide. She had cut her hair decently short and he could see where she had developed muscle. He still felt something for her, and that reignited when she opened the door.

"Hi, Liv. Uh, can I come in?" Elliot asked.

"It's late and I have an early shift tomorrow," Olivia replied.

"Liv, please. I won't take up too much of your time." Elliot replied, and Olivia didn't even bother to hide her annoyance as she let her ex into her apartment.

She shut the door before walking into the kitchen where she had the stuff out to make tea.

"Want a cup?" Olivia sighed.

"I'd like that," Elliot replied. Olivia nodded slowly as she went about the kitchen making tea. Once she was done, she sat down beside Elliot at the counter.

"So, how are you and Adalee?" Elliot questioned, and Olivia swallowed hard before speaking.

"We are good. She's growing up too fast though. She's already in preschool and she's reading and writing." Olivia breathed.

"Well, being amazing is in her blood." Elliot laughed softly.

"She doesn't get it from you though." Olivia shot back quickly. Elliot nodded slowly as he lifted the mug to his lips and took a long drink from it.

"Where is she?" Elliot asked, and Olivia rolled her eyes. She hated that now he was curious about their daughter, but for the last four years, he wasn't interested at all.

"Guess," Olivia spoke.

"Liv-"

"I said guess. Guess where my daughter is right now." Olivia huffed. Elliot rolled his eyes before looking over at his ex-wife.

"Is our daughter with your mother and sister?" Elliot asked, his voice obnoxiously sarcastic.

"No, my daughter is with Bernie and Joseph. Your parents that aren't proud of you at all." Olivia huffed.

"Okay, so why did the divorce make you a complete bitch? Like where did the old Olivia go?" Elliot spat.

"She disappeared when you sent me divorce papers. When you left me and our baby alone so you could go to Hawaii without us. You threw us away, Elliot. You destroyed me. You broke my heart." Olivia's statement had started out strong and full of anger, but by the end, her voice was breaking with every word and she had tears running down her cheeks.

"Liv-"

"Are you with someone else?" Olivia asked, as she stood and quickly brushed the tears from her cheeks.

"Liv-"

"I bet she's prettier than me. That she is smart. That she went to college. That she doesn't have a kid. She is everything that I am not, and that's why you are with her." 

"I'm engaged to her. Does that make you happy?" Elliot spat, and Olivia rolled her eyes before grabbing his mug and throwing it into the sink as it broke into a million pieces.

"Elliot, I hope she leaves you so you know how it feels to be the one left behind. The one that doesn't feel happiness anymore. Because I am depressed and anxious. I get up every morning and get Adalee up for school. I take care of her needs before my own. You completely destroyed me, Elliot." Olivia sobbed, before grabbing his arm and trying to pull him from the stool.

Elliot slipped from the chair and wrapped Olivia in a tight hug. Olivia didn't want to be comforted by him, but she didn't have the energy to fight anymore. She lost the ability to fight the moment that she was served with divorce papers.

|*|

What happened the night before was a complete blur to Olivia. Something must have happened, but she didn't remember it because it was such a stressful night. She got dressed and went to work. 

"You look like absolute shit." Olivia's partner, Felix spoke.

"Dude, I feel like absolute shit. At least I resemble what I feel like." Olivia sighed.

"What happened?" Felix asked, as Olivia walked to her locker and started to put her stuff in it.

"My ex showed up. He and I got into a fight last night and it was just a mess. Honestly, after my mental breakdown of sorts, I don't remember what happened." Olivia sighed.

"Do you think he did something to you?" Felix asked, and Olivia shook her head.

"Whatever happened, I'm sure I probably didn't say no. He is my kryptonite." Olivia sighed. She moved towards the garage area where they kept the ambulances, and she and Felix started to pack up what they had to keep in their ambulance at all times.

"So?" Felix asked, and Olivia looked over at him.

"So what? Did you say something?" Olivia asked.

"So are you going to get back together with him?" Felix asked, and Olivia shook her head.

"He's engaged. So, I really don't think he'll leave his pretty little fiancee for me. I'm probably nothing compared to her."

"Well, if I wasn't into guys, I'd totally be into you." Felix laughed. Olivia sighed before hearing a ding in the garage before hearing that there was a reported overdose in Queens. Olivia was quick to say that they would respond, before climbing into the driver's seat of the ambulance as Felix followed suit.

|*|

Elliot walked up the pathway of his parents' house as he went to see his daughter. He didn't have any rights to her, nor did he have any visitation rights to her. But he didn't care. He wasn't going to stick around but he at least wanted to meet the baby that he and his ex had created together while they were stupid teenagers.

"Grandma! Papa! Someone is here!" Adalee exclaimed, as she looked out the front window and at the stranger that stood on her grandparents' front steps.

"What do you mean?" Joseph asked, as he walked from the living room and looked at his granddaughter.

"There is a man here," Adalee replied. Joseph looked out and window and saw his son. He quickly moved Adalee away from the window before speaking.

"He's a bad man, Adalee. Now, go find grandma. I'll get rid of him."

Hey guys! Thanks for reading and please vote and comment all of your feedback below! :D