Not Welcomed

He trudged down the street of the town, people staring out windows in horror at him.

His shirt began to stick to him from the rain and his blindfold seeping into his unknown face.

He walked up the steps to a small house with a market in front of it, with out hesitation he knocked hearing the terrified whimpers of the family behind the door.

He pulled out a knife and began to carve a message into the door. Feeling the lines cross to form a letter he moved to the next then the next and so on.

"Do you have my ability?" Was messily carved into the wooden door.

Happy with his work he trudged away on to a different house.

He didn't dare take off his blindfold people were already scared of him for what he became.

Horribly yet beautiful memories flooded his mind.

He remembered the bright sun, the red roses, the blue sky, the green grass.

He also remembered the pain of the whip, the dark purple and blue bruises that covered his body, the bright red blood he saw poor out of him every day.

He wanted to cry, he'd do anything to allow him to cry, to scream, anything to show he hurt, he felt.

A sharp metal object hit his head causing him to fall to the ground.

One would think he's immortal considering he couldn't die.

He pulled himself up only to have his head stomped on his face smashing into the cold wet gravel of the road.

"Damn Sub! You're not welcome here!" A mans voice hissed.

He felt the spit of the people around him on his face.

Someone jumped on his back causing him to choke out a mouth full of blood.

The worst part of it. He couldn't scream of show some part of him that was human.

The part of this that should have been fatal when a butcher brought down an axe to Sub's neck.

After that they all when back to their homes knowing what happens next.

His arms moved to reconnect his head and his torso, he stood up and moved along with new bruises and cuts.

He proceeded with his work until every door had his message carved into it.

As he left the small town he knew the people wouldn't come out of their houses for at least a week.

He swallowed down knowing with out the guidance of the buildings in the town he'd be wandering with nothing but instinct.

It's all he's been relying on for years now.