Running Away

Sub had so many questions listening intently to the sound of Ethan's sobs.

"Ethan calm down, you do this every day." His dad grunted.

Sub wanted to run up and hug Ethan, try to make it okay. Push his lips to Ethan's hoping it would give him the comfort it gives him.

Ethan's father sighed and called to Ethan's mom.

A woman came running down the stairs in a panic.

"Where is he? Is he alright?" Right then his foot fell asleep sending multiple sharp pains through his leg making him jerk it forward hitting the wall. He silently cried out in pain as the needle like pain gathered in the spot where his foot hit.

"What the hell was that?" His father said looking around violently. Ethan quickly jotted down a note he still had tears in his eyes making it hard to see.

"Ya right that was nothing." His mother commented almost instantly. Sub held his breath biting his lip tasting blood. He heard heavy footsteps pounding towards his hiding place.

A hand reached down and pulled him up by the back of his shirt choking him. He covered his eyes, hiding his hideous eyes.

"Ethan if you wanted a friend over you could have just asked." Ethan's dad said dropping him on the couch.

Sub still had his eyes covered by his hands.

"Sweetie is something the matter are you crying?" Sub felt the welcoming warmth of Ethan's mother's hand on his shoulder. Ethan pushed his mom's hand away and patted Sub's head lovingly.

"Aren't your parents worried about you." The slight mention of his parents made sub take his hands off his eyes and on his ears never wanting to hear anything about his family. Big mistake.

"I-is that..." His father trailed off staring at Sub in horror.

"Ethan....get away from that thing." His mother said sternly. No Ethan didn't do anything. He stared at Sub every detail of his face, every perfection. He wished he could see his eyes so much.

Sub moved his hands around Ethan's face, feeling around the flap of hair over his eye.

Ethan gently took Sub's hands and put then around his neck, he then lifted up sub bridal style sending the needle like pain through his leg making him tense up.

"Hold on tight Sub, you're safe with me." Sub was shocked to hear Ethan's voice, it was scratchy but gentle, awkward from the nonuse in so long.

With that Ethan ran though the door of the house kicking it open, the cold morning air sending chills through Sub's body.

"Ethan!" His parents yelled waking up neighbors.