Tears

(It's almost Halloween! Get in the spirit! This is just a random picture I took of my "zombie bite". I just realized it proves how much of a life I don't have....)

Ethan guided Sub through the kingdom listening to there footsteps sound off of the buildings.

Sub still had his broken past follow him every where, and flash through his mind every time he let his thoughts wander.

Ethan let go of his hand and pressed his finger to Sub's lips, signaling to keep quiet. Sub never learned what most of these signings meant that Ethan did, but he knew he'd be able to ask once he learned to write.

He followed Ethan into the dark silent house, being careful for any loose floor boards.

Ethan helped him up the stairs showing him the steps one by one.

"Ethan? Is that you?" Sub's heart stopped when he heard the voice from inside the house, his legs felt weak and he tightened his grip on Ethan's hand.

Heavy footsteps came towards the top of the stairs.

Sub began to breathe heavily and loudly drawing attention to himself and making the situation worse.

Ethan clamped his hand over Sub's mouth and began walking down the stairs backwards, Sub barely missed the first step down and right when he was getting the hang of it his foot got caught in a loose board bringing him down the stairs making him hit the back of his head.

His foot snapped back making a wave of pain go through his leg, Ethan landed on top of him forcing his breathe out of his lungs.

"Ethan! Are you alright?" The fatherly voice called from the top of the stairs, sub quickly scrambled to his feet and Ethan shoved him into the direction of a hiding place.

Sub ducked behind what seemed to be the most comfortable couch in the world, considering he's never sat in one before. He sat there holding his breath not wanting to draw more attention to Ethan than he already did.

"Ethan, your mom and I were worried sick! Where were you?" His father demanded.

The paper sounded, this time sub heard much more than the annoying sound of paper. He heard the pencil glide across the paper, the slight movement of Ethan's hands. They sounded just like when he held the pencil with Ethan and wrote the short statement.

Little did Ethan know that small statement meant the world to him, everything written in that piece of paper was to him, and it mad him feel loved.

"Son, there's a Sub out there and we can't afford to loose you. You need to keep the family business running, it's an importance to the town and the king."

Sub heard small short breaths coming from Ethan.

Sub listened closely noticing the sounds, remembering the sounds of crying.