Naina and Sameer's Engagement

Preeti is helping Naina get ready as it is her engagement. She looks at herself, and tries to smile, but she misrablely fails at it. Preeti tells her that she is looking very beautiful today.

Preeti: Meri behen sab say khoobsurat hai, jab jijaji dekenge toh wo tuj pay fida ho jayeghe.

Naina: Kya Preeti tu kuch bhi bolrahi hai? Agar mein shaddhi karehe hoon I'm only doing it for the family, I don't want to see them upset.

Preeti: Atcha teek hai par bagwaan tumko doosra mauka dayrahe hai.

Mom comes into the room to see Naina, whilst Anand is welcoming the guests downstairs. She goes up to her, and places a forehead kiss. Naina forcefully smiles, but her mom does not know that.

Mom: Preeti bring Naina down in 15 minutes.

She nods her head, and Mom leaves from there. Sameer and his family have arrived, and they sit down waiting for everything to begin. He just wants to see Naina on how she is looking. After 15 minutes Preeti brings Naina which makes everyone stop and stare. She makes her sit down next to Sameer. The Priest comes, and recites the mantras. He puts vermillion and rice on both of them. Vishaka puts a red veil, and gives her clothes, cash, jewellery and dried fruits. Naina takes her blessings. Bela puts a gold chain around Sameer, and gives him clothes, cash and dried fruits. He takes her blessings.

Bela: Preeti will you get the rings?

Preeti gives the rings to Sameer and Naina. She looks down, smiles at him, and puts the ring on his finger. He also slides the ring on her finger. The engagement ceremony is complete.

Priest: Please take blessings from your elders.

Naina and Sameer take blessings from thier elders together, and they are overjoyed that they are engaged now. Naina holds his hand to act like they are in love so that no one will suspect them.

Naina: Acting karna parega warna they will come to know that something is wrong.

Sameer: Your right Naina I don't want that to happen.

Rohan: Oh ho kya baat hai aap dono haat pakar rahe ho?

Naina: Ab karna paregha Rohan.

Preeti: Tum log khaana kay liye ajoa. Romance baad mein hoga.

Naina: Preeti here we go again, ab challo tuhjhe bhook lagrahi hai.

Preeti: Haa behen I'm always hungry.

Naina: Paagal

They all sit down together to eat. Sameer lets go of Naina's hand as she needs to eat right now. Vishaka tells Sameer to feed Naina by his hands. He looks at her but still feeds her lovingly. Everyone thinks that they are a cute couple, but only they know the truth. Naina also feeds him to make it look like it is all real. She starts coughing, and he makes her drink some water.

Sameer: Tum teek ho na?

Naina: Haa mein bilkul teek hoon Sameer. Waise Sameer we can become friends if you want to?

Sameer: Of course I'll be your friend. So Sameer and Naina are friends now. Thanks for accepting me.

Naina: Dosti mein no sorry and no thank you.

After the engagement ends, Naina changes into her pyjamas, and falls asleep since she has work tommorow. It is the next morning, she has her breakfast, and comes out. She sees Sameer waiting for, and she sits inside.

Naina: Sameer you shouldn't have come to pick me up, I would have come by myself.

Sameer: Sorry Naina but your my fiancee now. For the world we have to act like a couple, but when we are at home, we are just good friends.

Naina: Sorry I forgot about that.

Naina puts her seatbelt on, and they leave from her house. Naina puts the music on, and Sameer did not know that she has an interest in music.

Sameer: Muhjhe nahi pata tumhe gaane passand hai?

Naina: I like them alot, you feel connected to it with the lyrics. That's the best part about it. It makes you feel relaxed.

Sameer: What kind of music do you like?

Naina: Pop Music, and what do you like?

Sameer: I like Rap music, it makes you feel cool and confident.

Naina: That's why your like that, you bring a different kind of energy into the office.

Sameer: Madam muhjhe notice karehe hai?

Naina: It's kind of obvious though, you seem very positive, even about this marriage.

Sameer: I have to be though, there needs to be a balance between everything. When one falls, the other one will lift them up, I might have my bad days as well, but I know you wouldn't want to see me like that, sometimes I feel angry, but I just need someone to calm me down.

Naina: Your right not everything is perfect.

Naina wipes a tear from her left eye, as she remembers a past incident. Her tears become into sobs, Sameer hears it, and stops the car on the side.

Sameer: Naina kya huwa tum kyun rorahi ho?

Naina: Ateet...ka...kuch...yaad...ageye...tha. Raj ...got...fired...from...his...job...and...somehow...I...had...to...struggle...to...find...jobs...even...if...was...for...100...rupees.

When Naina cries, Sameer is hurt since he can't see Naina in this condition and pain. He gives her a tissue, and wipes her tears away.