The Insult

Naina will be meeting Sameer's friends for the first time, she gets changed into comfortable clothes, and will be making food before he goes to spend the day out with them. She is nervous, as she does not know how upper class people are actually like. The doorbell rings, and Sameer opens the door. He hugs them all, and lets them come inside.

Parth: Sameer kitne dino baad hum milrahe hai

Sameer: Ha yaar tum log kaise ho?

Seema: Hum bahaut atche hai, tumhari wife kaha hai?

Sameer: Naina yaha oa my friends want to meet you.

Naina takes a deep breath, and comes out to meet them. She shakes hands with them all until they realise, she was a widow, and then married Sameer as he is rich. Naina can tell something bad is going to happen.

Sameer: Naina mein abhi aaya I forgot something in the room.

Once Sameer leaves Seema and Parth start insulting her since she is lower middle class....

Seema: Tumne Sameer Say Shaddhi kyun ki, issiliye uske paas bahaut saara paisa hai?

Parth: I don't know what Sameer saw in you, but you have no status like us, I swear I hate middle class people, and besides you were a widow? You should have stayed as one.

Naina: Thanks for the compliment

Sameer comes down, hugs and gives a kiss on her forehead, and the three of them leave from there. Whatever they said it was all true besides one, she didn't marry Sameer for money, but for his unconditional love. Every insult will make her stronger and remind her of who she is.

Naina: Muhjhe koi parwah nahi hai of what the world thinks about me, I know myself and those people who think so highly of themselves will come crashing down, and then think I shouldn't have said that. I will prove them wrong one day.

She confidently walks and starts to do another painting, and this time she will be selling it in Mumbai without anyone's permission, and besides Sameer told her that. Naina takes her anger and frustration out on to it. She gets another four canvases, and continues painting on whatever she is feeling in the exact moment. After four hours, she finally has finished, and lets it dry.

Naina: From now onwards Naina Maheswari will be her own woman, and I will not rely on anyone, not even Sameer. I promise myself that.

It has become dark, and Naina has fallen asleep. Sameer returns from his college reunion party. He gets changed, and sleeps. It is the next morning, and Naina is talking to someone on the phone.

Naina: Will you come to my house, and a have a look at my paintings. If they are worth it, you can sell them off, thank you bye.

Naina goes back into her room to see Sameer sleeping, her anger calms down but the way his friends talked to her it was very humiliating. She takes his clothes out, once she turns around he is standing there. She does not look at him, and gives him the clothes. Sameer finds her behaviour very strange.

Sameer: Naina tumhe kya huwa hai, you seem very irritated?

Naina: Haa mein hoon, toh tum kya karloge? And besides I'm from a middle class family, so I don't know what it's like to be upper class? Just leave me alone okay, everyone thinks I'm a golddigger, and I got this life so easily.

Sameer: Where is all of this coming from?

Naina: Who do you think your so called upper class friends, who have no shame at all? They showed me where I actually belong down in the dumps. Just because you all have so much money, and had everything given to you on a plate that dosen't mean you can show off, and degrade other's people's status. Status does not matter hardwork does, and besides someone is going to see my paintings, I don't give a damn on what people say about me anymore.

Naina vents out her anger, and Sameer calms her down. He is more annoyed at his friends for saying that to his Naina. She cries into his embrace.

Sameer: Naina I'm sorry I should have been there, and I shouldn't have left with them if I knew they were going to say that.

Naina: Nahi Sameer tumhari koi galti nahi hai, yeh toh hone wala tha mere saat. This life is just too complicated, and cruel. Par tum hona mere saat, agar tum ho sab kuch teek hoga?

Sameer: Mein hamesha tumhare saat hoon in whatever the situation I promise you that? But first I'm going to blast on them.

Naina: Nahi Sameer please don't do that. I don't want your friendship to be ruined because of me.

Sameer: To hell with those friends, your my best friend and companion for life.

Naina: Always and forever Sameer.