four

Zarina Skywalker stood with her mother as they wished Anakin good luck before the Podrace

Zarina Skywalker stood with her mother as they wished Anakin good luck before the Podrace. Cordalia and Padmé looked at each other as they watched Zelena say good luck to Anakin, who turned a beet red as she approached him. "Good luck, Ani."

"Is he nervous?" Shmi asked Amalia and Qui-Gon as they approached them.

"He's fine." Qui-Gon assured her.

"You Jedi are far too reckless." Padmé said.

"The queen and chief advisor are not..." Cordalia began before Amalia cut her off.

"The queen and chief advisor trust our judgment, young handmaidens. You should too." Amalia responded.

"You assume too much." Padmé replied. Cordalia watched as Anakin did well in the Podrace even though his Pod stalled at the beginning of the race. At one point he was spinning out of control and she turned away from the screen unable to watch.

By the third circuit, he and Sebulba were neck in neck and Anakin made it to the front until his power couplet fell from his Pod. Sebulba made it in front of him, but Anakin regained control and connected his Pod to Sebulba's. Sebulba ended up crashing leaving Anakin to win the race. Qui-Gon made it to the Pod and lifted Anakin on his shoulder.

"Mom, I did it!" Anakin called out.

"We owe you everything, Ani." Zelena smiled shyly at Anakin.

"It's so wonderful, Ani. You have brought hope to those who have none. I'm so very proud of you." Shmi said. After they had gathered the parts they needed, the group headed back to the ship. Padmé and Amalia were greeted by Corvus and Amber, who took Zelena inside. Padmé hurried inside to prepare for the journey and Cordalia decided to remain with Qui-Gon to return to retrieve Zarina and Anakin.

"Well, we have all the essential parts we need." Obi-Wan told him.

"I'm going back with this handmaiden. Some unfnished business. We won't be long." Qui-Gon said to his Padawan.

"Why do I sense we've picked up another pathetic life-form?" Obi-Wan asked.

"It's the boy who's responsible for getting us these parts. Get this hyperdrive generator installed." Qui-Gon ordered.

"Yes, Master. That shouldn't take long." Obi-Wan implored.

"Come on." Qui-Gon told Cordalia and she mounted the second creature. She turned to smile at Obi-Wan who sent a smile in return.

"Hup!"
••••••

"Hup!" ••••••