seven

Cordalia and Padmé changed into handmaiden outfits while Sabé and Saché changed into their decoy garb

Cordalia and Padmé changed into handmaiden outfits while Sabé and Saché changed into their decoy garb. Cordalia looked around at the lush green swamp as Jar Jar returned from the underwater village. "Desa nobody dare! The Gungan city is deserted! Some kinda fight, mesa tinks."

"Do you think they have been taken to the camps?" Amalia asked.

"More likely they were wiped out." Panaka replied.

"Mesa no tink so."

"Do you know where they are, Jar Jar?" Corvus questioned.

"When in trouble, Gungans go to sacred place. Mesa show you. Come on. Mesa show you!" Jar Jar scurried off and led the group to a clearing where they were met by a Gungan guard.

"Your Honour, Queen Amidala and Chief Advisor Embara of the Naboo." The Gungan introduced Sabé and Saché to the Gungan leader.

"Heyo dadee Big Boss Nass, Your Honour." Jar Jar waved nervously.

"Jar Jar Binks. Who's da uss-en uthers?"

"I am Queen Amidala of the Naboo. And this is Chief Advisor Embara. We come before you in peace." Sabé answered.

"Ah, Naboo biggen." The Gungan ruler expressed his distaste for the Naboo. "Yousa bringen da Mackineeks. Yousa all bombad."

"We have searched you out because we wish to form an alliance." Saché added. Cordalia knew this tactic was not working and she decided to step forward.

"Your Honour." She began stepping in front of her decoy. Padmé caught on and stepped forward confidently.

"Whosa dis?"

"I am Chief Advisor Embara." A collective gasp journeyed throughout the clearing. "This is Queen Amidala. These are our decoys, our protection, our loyal bodyguards. I'm sorry for our deception, but it was necessary to protect ourselves."

"Although we do not always agree, Your Honour our two great societies have always lived in peace. The Trade Federation has destroyed all that we have worked so hard to build." Padmé added eloquently.

"If we do not act quickly, all will be lost forever. I ask you to help us. No," Cordalia corrected herself getting on her knees. Padmé joined as well as the rest of the group behind her. "I beg you to help us. We are your humble servants. Our fate is in your hands."

"Yousa no tinken yousa greater den da Gungans?" Cordalia shook her head slightly. "Mesa lika dis! Maybe wesa being friends." The Gungan shook his head sending mucus flying and Padmé smiled at him before standing alongside Cordalia.
•••••