eleven

"Anakin!" Obi-Wan shouted

"She went into the club, Master." He informed his Master.

"Patience. Use the Force. Think." Corvus reminded him.

"Sorry, Master Yonan."

"He went in there to hide, not to run." Amalia added.

"Yes, Master Embara."

"Next time, try not to lose it." Obi-Wan held out his Padawan's lightsaber.

"Yes, Master."

"This weapon is your life." Obi-Wan handed the lightsaber to his Padawan.

"I try, Master."

"Why do I get the feeling you're going to be the death of me?" Obi-Wan questioned.

"Don't say that, Master. You're the closest thing I have to a father." Anakin said as the five entered the club.

"Then why don't you listen to me?" Obi-Wan asked.

"I am trying." Anakin voiced.

"Can you see him?" Amalia asked.

"I think he is a she and I think she is a Changeling." Anakin answered.

"In that case, be extra careful." Corvus said.

"Go and find her." Obi-Wan commanded the siblings.

"Where are you going, Masters?" Zarina asked.

"For a drink." Amalia answered. The siblings set off to find the assassin and Zarina heard a lightsaber being ignited.

"Easy. Jedi business. Go back to your drinks." Anakin said as the remaining four Jedi led the assassin outside.

"Do you know who it was you were trying to kill?" Corvus asked.

"It was the Senators from Naboo." She moaned out.

"And who hired you?" Obi-Wan interrogated.

"It was just a job." She replied.

"Who hired you? Tell us." Anakin asked before losing control when she was silent. "Tell us now!"

"It was a bounty hunter called--" The assassin was shot in the neck and began to gag. She spoke in her language and then collapsed onto the pavement, dead. Amalia pulled a dart from her neck and handed it to Obi-Wan.

"Toxic dart." He murmured.
••••••