twenty-seven

Zarina and Amalia stood by each other in the opera

Zarina and Amalia stood by each other in the opera. No one had recognized them yet, but Zarina refused to jinx the mission by speaking too soon. Zarina caught the eyes of a nearby Senator who was eyeing her. She rolled her eyes and quickly glanced away towards Arya's position. The girl looked extremely uncomfortable by the looks of it. Zarina couldn't say that she didn't feel the same way.

She tore her eyes away from Arya to look at Astrid and Maeve standing beside each other. Cordalia was up on the roof targeting whoever their mission was according to the Chancellor. It all began to go wrong when several gaurds entered the opera.

Zarina and Amalia split up as did Astrid and Maeve. "Tell me you are all seeing this." Maeve's voice echoed in Zarina's earpiece.

"I'm trying not to think about it." Arya grumbled as she made her way to the drinks.

"We need to make a move before we are recognized or killed." Astrid hissed as she smiled falsely at another guest.

"I take it it's not going well." Amalia looked concerned as she observed her daughter closely.

"Not at all." Astrid complained moving furthur into the crowd. "These men should be arrested for looking at women like they do."

"Astrid, that is what men do." Maeve hummed as she smiled at a another guest.

"I suppose you're enjoying the attention, Maeve?" Cordalia teased the girl from the glass roof as she looked down. Maeve looked up at the girl and glared.

"Ha ha." Maeve jeered as she turned to make her way to her sister. "For the record, I don't appreciate this type of attention."

"I'm reveling in it." Amalia voiced sarcastically from where she stood by the stairwell.

"Oh, do shut up." Zarina snapped as she pinched her nose between her forefinger and thumb. "We have a job to do. Try not to upset each other."
******

Maeve was flirting with the man who had been eyeing Zarina only moments ago

Maeve was flirting with the man who had been eyeing Zarina only moments ago. She fluttered her eyelashes suggestively with a small smile. Maeve turned to walk away, but the man followed after her grasping her wrist. "Maybe we can take this elsewhere?" Maeve put a smile on her face while gagging internally.