seventeen

Beru gently set seven drinks onto the table

Beru gently set seven drinks onto the table. "It was just before dawn. They came out of nowhere. A hunting party of Tusken Raiders. Your mother had gone out early, like she always did to pick mushrooms that grow on the vaporators. From the tracks, she was about halfway home when they took her." Cleigg sighed heavily. "Those Tuskens walk like men, but they're vicious, mindless monsters. Thirty of us went out after her. Four of us came back. I'd be out there with them, but after I lost my leg, I just couldn't ride anymore un...until I heal." Anakin looked at Zelena gravely. "I don't want to give up on her, but she's been gone a month. There's little hope she's lasted this long." Anakin stood up abruptly.

"Where are you going?" Owen asked.

"To find my mother." Anakin answered.

"Your mother's dead, son. Accept it." Anakin only turned away to walk outside to look at the two suns of Tatooine. Zelena followed him out.

"You're gonna have to stay here. These are good people, Zelena. You'll be safe."

"Anakin..." Zelena paused before embracing him. "Be safe."

"I won't be long." Anakin boarded the speeder and rushed away across the sand.
••••••

Obi-Wan and Cordalia sneakily make their way into a building

Obi-Wan and Cordalia sneakily make their way into a building. They viewed a droid army being built. "It's an army." She whispered. They continued down a flight of stairs and hugged a wall as they listened to a conversation between a man and Viceroy Gunray.

"We must persuade the Commerce Guild and the Corporate Alliance to sign the treaty."

"What about the Senators from Naboo? Are they dead yet? I am not signing your treaty until I have their heads on my desk." Cordalia took a step forward to attack that bastard. Obi-Wan quickly wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled up to him to keep her from revealing them.

"I am a man of my word, Viceroy."

"With these new battle droids we've built for you, you'll have the finest army in the galaxy." Another alien said.

"As I explained to you earlier, I am quite convinced that 10,000 more systems will rally to our cause with your support, gentlemen." An alien spoke in another language.