fourteen

"Very impressive

"Very impressive." Obi-Wan praised as he observed the clones.

I'd hoped you would be pleased. Clones can think creatively. You will find that they are immensely superior to droids. We take great pride in our combat education and training programs. This group was created about five years ago." He pointed to a group of females that looked identical to Astrid. Obi-Wan must have seen Cordalia's worried expression and took her hand stroking the back with his thumb.

"You mentioned growth acceleration." Obi-Wan stated.

"Oh,yes, it's essential. Otherwise, a mature clone would take a lifetime to grow. Now we can do it in half the time." The Prime Minister explained.

"I see." Cordalia spoke softly.

"They are totally obedient taking any order without question. We modified their genetic structure to make them less independent than the original hosts."

"And who were the original hosts?" Cordalia asked.

"Two bounty hunters called Jango and Astrid Fett." Obi-Wan glanced over at Cordalia. Cordalia could only hope that this Astrid was not the Astrid she knew, her sister.

"And where are these bounty hunters now?" Obi-Wan questioned.

"Oh, we keep them here. Apart from their pay, which is considerable the Fetts demanded only one thing: two unaltered clones for themselves, one boy, one girl. Curious, isn't it?"

"'Unaltered'?" Cordalia repeated.

"Pure genetic replication. No tampering with the structure to make it more docile and no growth acceleration."

"I should very much like to meet these Fetts." Obi-Wan said.

"I would be very happy to arrange it for you." Taun We answered as the two walked out on a balcony to observe the clones in formation.

"Magnificent, aren't they?" Lama Su asked and the two nodded in shock and confusion.
•••••••

Padmé had dragged Corvus out to a field for a picnic

Padmé had dragged Corvus out to a field for a picnic. "I don't know." Padmé answered.

"Sure you do. You just don't want to tell me." Corvus teased.