twenty-four

One month later

One month later

"Have you still not told Obi-Wan?" Cordalia seemed frozen at Zarina's question as the Republic's Assassins and their significant others sat around the table.

"I can't." Cordalia said as she gazed down at her daughter. "I have no way of contacting him without the Council knowing." She looked up at her mother tears falling down her face. "Will it always be this difficult?"

"I'm afraid so." Amalia nodded at the baby resting in her mother's arms. "You'll never be able to replace the feeling when you hold your child." Cordalia and Astrid shed a few tears as they looked at their mother. "I regretted every day that I didn't tell your father that you were his."

"Our father. Who was he?" Astrid asked and each woman and man looked at the matriarch of the Embaras.

"His name was Qui-Gon Jinn."
*****

Astrid needed time to think after that bombshell was dropped over her sister's and her own head

Astrid needed time to think after that bombshell was dropped over her sister's and her own head. She collapsed onto a couch in her room in tears. She heard footsteps approach her and then felt whoever it was sitting beside her. Rubio looked at his wife in empathy. He had reacted the same way when his mother told him who his father was.

Astrid laid her head on his shoulder and let tears cascade down her face. Rubio wrapped his arm around her as she sobbed pathetically. "Does it get easier?"

Rubio had told her about the day that his mother told him who his father was, a bounty hunter who chose to be nameless. "It will get easier as time passes, my love." Astrid sniffled and looked at her husband.

"What did I do to deserve you?" She asked him leaning closer to him.

"You did nothing. I will never be worthy of you, love." Astrid grinned even though she knew that the Clone Wars were in full force. Rubio pressed a gentle kiss to her lips and Astrid returned the kiss eagerly.

"You flatter me." Astrid teased her husband as she pulled back slightly.

"Oh, I know." Rubio growled out and Astrid giggled at her husband's words. Rubio kissed her again, this time more lustfully. Astrid wrapped her arms around his neck as he picked her up and carried her into the bedroom.
******