nine

Ten years later

Ten years later

The trip to Corsuscant was going smoothly for the three Senators. Senators Zelena Embara, Cordalia Embara, and Padmé Amidala were traveling in disguise as pilots. Once the three had landed, they rushed over to Captain Typho as their decoys came down to the landing platform. "We made it. I guess I was wrong. There was no danger at all." Then, the ship exploded. The three Senators were sent flying back and the three rushed over to their decoys.

Cordalia and Zelena quickly pulled off their helmets.

"Eirtaé." Cordalia gently said to her decoy. Zelena's decoy, Moteé, was already deceased.

"Milady, I'm so sorry. I've failed you, Senator." Eirtaé struggled to speak.

"No." Eirtaé's head fell to the side. She was dead. Cordalia held her head low in despair. Captain Typho approached the two sisters.

"Miladies, you're still in danger here."

"We shouldn't have come back." Zelena's voice cracked as she stared at Moteé's body.

"This vote is very important. You did your duties. Cordé, Moteé, and Eirtaé did theirs. Now, come." Padmé and Zelena moved to follow him, but Cordalia stayed motionless. "Senator Embara, please." She quickly moved away from the carnage and followed the Captain to greet her handmaiden, Rabè.

As soon as the three Senators entered their chambers, their handmaidens attacked them in hugs. Dormè, Padmé's handmaiden, quickly took the time to place their hair into delicate hairstyles, while, Yané, Zelena's handmaiden, carefully selected dresses for the three Senators to change into.

The three then prepared to meet with Supreme Chancellor Palpatine. They were instead greeted by Jedi Master Yoda. Zelena instantly felt uncomfortable, considering she left the Jedi Order to become a Senator. "Senator Amidala, Senators Embara, your tragedies on the landing platform: terrible. Seeing you alive brings warm feelings to my heart."

"Do you have any idea who was behind this attack?" Cordalia questioned.

"Our intelligence points to disgruntled spice miners on the moons of Naboo." Master Windu informed her.

"I think that Count Dooku was behind it." Padmé and Cordalia tensed at Zelena's statement.

"He is a political idealist, not a murderer." Master Mundi insisted.

"You know, Milady, Count Dooku was once a Jedi. He couldn't assassinate anyone. It's not in his character." Master Windu told her.