Chapter 2

In her homeroom, Tzuyu was picturing dozens of scenario where Jungkook would confess to her and tell her he loves her. The thought made her blush. But for now, she'd be happy with just a hello. She couldn't pay attention in class, due to her heart beating out of her chest and the constant chatter of the group of girls near her. It was starting to get annoyed. She could hear tidbits of what they were talking about and one name stood out, RM. But why are they talking about him all of a sudden?

The bell rang for lunch and Tzuyu rushed out of homeroom to go see you, but really that's just an excuse so she could see Jungkook. "Tzuyu!" She spun around to see Jennie, with burning golden hair, skipping towards her, bright smile and glittery eyes.

"Hey, what's going on?" both of them were near a group of girls that were about to explode. In all the pandemonium, Tzuyu picked up one word that summarized everything, Kim Namjoon. Once again, people are talking about him. Considering he is a rising idol along with his other members, it's natural for people to talk about him. But why today specifically.

"I heard he transferred here to have a normal life." Jennie said. Tzuyu could see the thrill through Jennie's pupils, just like every teenage girls. Tzuyu could only imagine how annoyed you'd be, you hate a commotion. She knew nothing about what you and Namjoon went through.

"A normal life? For an idol? Senior year? Not happening." Tzuyu gagged at that sentence. You're normal high school students and your lives are not anywhere normal and he, a celebrity, is expecting normal? "What about the other two members?"

"They'll be here tomorrow, I heard. C'mon, let's go see him. I need an autograph. I heard he's in Mr. Lee's class right now." Jennie said, pulling Tzuyu's arm along. It didn't take long for the whole school to know who was there. The crowd of people was like an ant farm, hurdling against the door. Tzuyu couldn't get in at all. She was pushed around by a various group of girls. If she wasn't busy trying to find you, she would have punched someone.

After the plan of trying to get in failed, she decided to text you instead. Jennie was persistent on going through that crowd and she'll be alone then

Hey Y/N, are you okay? Are you surviving the screaming because I'm not. Send.

Seconds later, you responded. I'm in the bathroom. Tzuyu was startled, you would never leave class even if you were dying because that's just the nerd that you are and besides the cafeteria was far from class. Something's wrong. Tzuyu left Jennie and headed in that direction.

One thought kept replaying through her mind. Does this have anything to do with Namjoon being here? Aside from the loud screaming and girls pushing each other, there could be something more. But at the same time, that was impossible, you've never met before, he's famous and you're the opposite. Nonetheless, she ran to the bathroom, there was only one stall that was closed.

"Y/N?" she knocked. The door creaked as it opens. "You okay, Galaxy?" Galaxy was the nickname someone gave you, then your parents started calling you that, naturally Tzuyu picked up on that too.

"Yeah, yeah. It was just too loud in there, you know?" you dismissed her with your hand. She frowned.

"Your face is pale. You look like you've seen a ghost."

"Worse." you said. Now that she pointed it out, you felt dizzy. Seeing his face again, it was like a whirlwind of memories and emotions flooding in. Tzuyu held your shoulder tightly. Then as if a switch was turned off, you slipped out of her arms.

***

"No." you yelled out as you jumped upright on the bed. The setting was definitely not the bathroom. First off, you were on a bed, surrounded by white curtains. It was the school's infirmary. A blanket laid on top of you. Tzuyu sat at the chair near the wall, headphones in. You saw her singing along to Red Velvet, even doing the dance moves to Red Flavor. But once she saw you awake, she ripped her headphones out. She was visibly angry as she marched over to the bed. Her tall and slender figure made her look intimidating from your point of view.

"Y/N, what the hell? Do you know how scared I was when you just suddenly fainted?" she said with a big puff. "I had to carry you here by myself because everyone else was busy with that stupid idol or whatever!" She rambled on, it made you feel better, even if she was talking about him. Your head was still hurting, so you looked away.

"Sorry and thank you." you said, trying your best to do aegyo. She rolled her eyes, hating every second of it.

"Let's go get lunch, I'm hungry. I already explained to Mr. Lee that you weren't feeling well but he didn't seem to care much. Her voice was solid yet warm.

"Thanks" you said again and followed her to the door, all while tying your hair up and out of your face. The smell of medicine and cleaning supplies made it suffocating. Slowly, you took a breath of air that your lungs deeply desired. Just then, you saw a figure out in the corner of your eyes. Your heart sank to your stomach. His brown eyes were so familiar to you and yet they remained strangers. He was still as tall as ever and you didn't dare to look up, so you were staring blankly at his shoes. A red Converse low, they're new.

Standing next to you, Tzuyu was a trainwreck. She looked up at him and then back at you, you two were literally a foot apart. If she wasn't so confused, she would probably scream out of starstruck because no one can deny how good looking Kim Namjoon is. You began to breathe normally again. You would have to face him again anyways now that he goes to the same high school, no point in hiding or retreating.

"Hey, Galaxy. Long time no see." The voice that you have missed for so long is still the same, low and soft. To your pleasant and not so much pleasant surprise, he still remembers the nickname he gave you. Part of you didn't want him to remember, it was something sacred, and something you wanted to bury deep. He took a step forward and instinctively, you took one step backwards, hitting the door of the clinic. He reached out a hand as if to hold your face but it moved further back until he reached your hair tie and yank it out. "This looks more like you." he laughed, waiting for you to respond but he should know better, you won't say anything to him.

You took your hair tie out of his hand and walked away. Tzuyu silently followed you. His gaze was burning the back of your neck, but you kept walking, not letting him have that satisfaction.