Chapter 26

"What's wrong?" your mom asked as you were putting on your running shoes. She wiped her hand on her apron after finishing the food for dinner and lunch for you two.

"I'm going jogging." you answered casually without looking at her. It's been a while since you've worn these shoes, they were getting a little tight.

"Like I said, what's wrong?" she repeated.

"Nothing eomma." you sighed. There was a tremble in your hands, you just wanted to get out of the house already.

"You're up before 10 to go jogging, of course something is wrong." she said strongly.

"Eomma, you make it sound like I'm so lazy."

"Sweetie, I love you but I've watched you waited for ice to melt instead of going to get water to drink. The only exercising you do is write." She walked closer and zipped up your windbreaker. Like many mothers, yours knew you the best. "Be back for soon. And be careful." she said softly. She knew better than to ask you to explain it to her because a mother's intuition is never wrong. She just hopes you're not making a mistake.

As soon as you got outside, the sharpness of the air hit your cheeks. It was cold, the perfect weather for running. So with your headphones in, your feet began to accelerate. Tear was playing, one of your favorite Cypher songs. With every puff of air that came out of you, memories from last night flooded into your mind again.

Flashback

"I love you, I love you, I love you." he smiled. The song continued.

"Y/N, will you go on a date with me?"

"Do I have to wear a disguise?" you asked.

"No."

"Do you have to wear a disguise?" He chuckled and shook his head. "Then yes, I would love to. What are we going to do then?"

"Don't worry about a thing Galaxy. I've had this all planned out since the day I met you."

"Alright, Superman." As you looked around, this would be a moment you hold onto in your heart for a long time. The laughter, the tears, the love, everything that was yours in this minute.

Just then, heels clicked on the stage and the feedback of the microphone deafened the room. It was the principal, Jennie and Soyeon were next to her, with bouquet and crowns. "Alright ladies and gentlemen, this is the moment you've been waiting for. I think I can say that this has been the most interesting dance we've ever had. But alas, let us announce our King." The crowd was silent and it was difficult to tell who would win.

Jennie pulled out two envelopes and handed the first one to the principal. When she read the card, a delighted and satisfied smile formed on her face. "Our King exemplifies sportsmanship and loyalty. He dedicates his time to academia as well as his teammates. Congratulations Jeon Jungkook!"

Namjoon high-fived the maknae while others patted him on the back. He seemed stunned, unable to move. Tzuyu had to shove him up the stage. Jennie placed the crown on him and gestured for him to say some words. "Um, thanks. I never thought I would get this. Um, let's get it?" The applause was loud. But then it died down when the principal began reading the second envelope.

"This is quite unexpected, not because I don't think she's not deserving, but she doesn't give herself enough credit. She's humble and kind and does everything in her power to make others happy. Y/N, you deserve this." Everything that followed happened in a flash. Receiving the crown, hugging Jungkook, the confetti falling.

"This is unexpected. I always out myself on the sideline, away from any action. The spotlight isn't for me. But tonight, I want to be selfish. I want to shine. I want people to see me, and I want to see myself in other's eyes. How wonderful might I look or be? Thank you for giving me this opportunity." Then you bowed and walked off stage with Jungkook. It was a tradition for the king and queen to dance together but Jungkook became fearful after seeing the way Namjoon was glaring at him as the maknae was placing a hand on your upper back.

"Would you do me the honor of giving me this dance, your Highness?" Namjoon asked, bowing down with his hand up. His hands felt more protective on your body this time. "I knew you would win."

"No you didn't." you laughed.

"You deserve it all. You're the queen of my heart after all." He kissed your forehead, it was like a spark of the sun.

The sun was still hidden behind the clouds once you reached the park. But he was there, shining brighter than all the stars combined. No matter how many time you see him, it struck you every time. His beauty, his aura, him. His back was to you, and it was the perfect opportunity to scare him. But once you got close enough, he turned around and engulfed you in his arms. You let out a small squeal.

"I missed you so much." he said into your hair.

"You saw me 8 hours ago."

"It doesn't matter. Even if it was one second, I would miss you."

"You're so hopeless." you laughed, pinching his cheeks. "What are we gonna do with you?"

"You could stay by my side forever. You're small enough to fit in my pocket."

"Okay, I'm convinced you run a fan account."

"I don't." he laughed breathlessly. "But Jungkook does, of me of course."

"Of you or your thighs?" Namjoon sighed and flick your forehead. "What are we doing today?" Instead of answering you, he led you to a nearby tree, where a picnic was already set up.

"I figure that if I could give you anything, it would be this. Us and nothing else. But I know it's small and I made you wake up early for this. It might be disappointing." he rambled on, growing quieter. To make him shut up, you pushed yourself on his shoulder and kissed his cheek. He shut his mouth immediately and both your cheeks went red at the same time. He collapsed.

"Oh my god oh my god. Are you okay?" you asked frantically. He shook his head and stared into the distance.

"I could have died. Y/N, I could have died. Give me a warning next time!" he pouted. "I was too flustered to enjoy that."

"I just wanted to shut you up."

"Maybe I should talk more so you'd do that again."

"Y-you can just a-ask." you whispered. He grinned widely and nodded his head.

"Can you kiss me again?" he asked. He pulled on your hands so that your body would move closer. He smirked when he saw that you were looking down. He lowered his head until he got to eye level with you and closed his eyes. You took a breath and went for his cheeks. Namjoon had other plans. When you were closer, he turned suddenly until your lips met each other. You let out a small squeal but he held you tighter. He waited for your permission and moved slowly and gently. The kiss was warm and there was a yearning in the way he moved, he wanted this, all of this, all of you.

"You're such a cheater." you said shyly, punching his shoulder.

"I'd do anything to kiss you." he said, biting his lips.

"Well, you can't do that when we're in public. What if people see?" you asked. "I don't want anything to happen to your career."

"Please, don't worry about that. Let me deal with it. You're my girlfriend now and I'll protect you with everything I have."

You gulped. "I'm your girlfriend?"

"Um, yes, only if you want to be, of course." he stuttered.

"I'm only kidding dork, I know. I'm worried about my mom's reaction. She's pretty pissed at you."

Namjoon nodded. "I know. I will make her love me because I love you." He pulled you into a hug. "I won't let anything separate us now." The food became cold, but you felt on top of the world in his arms.