Chapter 43

Bright, dry, and warm. That was the environment that you were in right now. But there was something else, you weren't alone. You heard muffled voices, almost like a conversation.

"Hyung, you should get some sleep, we'll watch over her for you." Jungkook said. Namjoon continued to look at your sleeping face and shook his head.

"No, I want to stay. I want to be the first face she sees when she wakes up."

"Hyung, you don't know how long that will take, it could be days or weeks. And you haven't slept in a week."

"I don't care, Even if she hates my guts and never wants to see me again, I want to stay with her."

Jungkook sighed and ushered Tzuyu to the private waiting room the hospital had set up for them. Namjoon grabbed your hand and gently kissed it. He wiped his own tears away. He couldn't let himself cry, it was a privilege and he didn't deserve any. He was the reason you were on this bed, in this hospital with no guarantee that you would wake up. He promised himself that he wouldn't move from this room until you could leave, with or without him. So he went on with his daily routine. He would wipe your face and arms. He would dust the room, change the flowers, mop the floor. He even brought in a record player to play you Frank Sinatra, and he would hum to you. It went on for a couple more days.

Namjoon was singing to you when the monitor suddenly went off. Your body was in shock. He immediately pressed the call button and doctors came rushing into the room. The nurse told him to leave but he didn't want to. Jungkook had to pull him out of the room. Outside, he began to hyperventilate. He went through everything that happened again in his brain, he couldn't have done anything to trigger any reaction, he couldn't have. He looked up at the ceiling and prayed silently.

"I don't know who you are, but if you give her back to me, I'll spend the rest of my life protecting her. I'll give my life to her. She's so good, she's one of the best human beings there is, you can't take her away so soon. Not now, please." As if to answer his prayer, the door opened and the doctors smiled.

"She's awake. You should go see her." he told Namjoon. His feet began moving but then came to a halt.

"No, I shouldn't be the first thing she sees. It might cause another shock. Tzuyu should go-"

"Mr. Kim," the doctor said. "She's asking for you. As soon as her eyes opened, she didn't ask for water or food. She asked where you were." Namjoon's heart began pumping and his blood flows through his veins. He ran, bursting through the door. His eyes fixated on you. You sat up on the bed, looking at the number of tubes that were in your arms. He began to cry for the millionth time.

"Y/N," he said quietly. But it was loud enough for you to look up at him and smiled.

"You lied." you told him. He walked closer and knelt down by your bedside. He held your hand and kissed it.

"My love, my galaxy, my Y/N. I know I lied, I'm such a jerk. I said I would protect you but I couldn't even do that. I'm a terrible person-"

"No, that's not what I'm talking about." you chuckled softly. "You said you would be the first face I see when I wake up. But I didn't see you at first."

"Y/N..."

"Don't take this the wrong way. I'm very, very upset with you. But I could have died that day, so I'd rather not think about anything bad at the moment." Namjoon nodded vigorously.

"Yes, of course. Be mad, be upset with me, but please live happily. You deserve it. And the next guy that gets to be with you will give you all of that." he cried. You tilted your head in confusion but went along with it.

"Yeah. The next guy." you said sarcastically. "When I find him, I'll hug him tight and not let him go." Namjoon stared down at your hand, not knowing what to do and so oblivious to what you were saying. "Can you get Tzuyu for me?" you asked. He nodded and stood up. Before he took a step forward, you reached out and pull on his shirt. His body jerked backward and his body weight fell on yours. It was what you had intended to do and you wrapped your arms securely around him. Some of the tubes fell out but oh well.

"Y/N, what are you doing?" he asked.

"I'm holding on. I didn't want to admit it, but I've been holding on to hope, the hope of seeing you again and being with you. That hope led to my kidnapping, but it also led me back to you. So I won't give up on this. And you shouldn't either."

"Y/N.."

"Do you love me still?"

"That's a dumb question, of course I do."

"Then hug me back, pabo!" you yelled. He nodded into your shoulder and slithered his arms around your waist. Finally, everything felt right.

"But I don't deserve you." he began.

"Don't say that. Don't ever say that. Just please, please don't ever do this again."

"Never. Never." he repeated. "I love 3000."

"I love you 3 million."

When Rosie, Jackson, and Irene got there, everyone gathered in the room to fill in on what happened and what was going to happen. Jackson, being a big K-pop fan, literally fainted when he saw Namjoon. If he had a crush on you before, it was completely gone. He was infatuated with Namjoon and you couldn't blame him. Namjoon, while you were unconscious, had already called your mom to explain everything to her. He didn't tell her about the kidnapping, he said you got into a car accident instead, which did not make her feel better. She yelled at him for an hour and said when she sees him again, she'll kick his ass and so will his parents. He gladly accepted the punishment because he was grateful she still allowed him to be with you.

"What happened to Mr. Kim?" you asked.

Namjoon couldn't hold in his laugh. "Jennie took care of it. Remind me not to get on her bad side." he said. When Jennie told her father that you had been rescued, she watched as the color drained out of his face.

"How?" he had asked.

"You raised me to be smarter than you, remember?" she replied. She didn't stop there. She went down the list of all the insider trading he had done. He tried running away, but the rest of the boys were there to make sure she wouldn't leave before the police came. In the end, her dad faced 50 years in prison and K Design declared bankruptcy. Jennie could care less, she wanted nothing to do with his dirty money. She was going to work herself to get her happily ever after with the person she loves.

"Good for her." you said. "I should call her later." Everyone had gone back to their places to rest. Jungkook and Tzuyu went back to Korea to continue their classes. Namjoon, having been done with his tour, decided to stay with you until your graduation next month. He said he was making up for the lost time and Bang P.D permitted him because he felt extremely guilty.

"Yeah, do that later. Let's sleep now." he cooed. You carefully moved over to let him on the bed. He fell asleep instantly. It was the second night he had stayed in your bed and the second night he fell asleep so soon. You remembered how Jungkook said Namjoon hadn't slept in weeks. His head fitted perfectly in the crook of your neck and you brushed hair out of his eyes. You both had suffered a lot from this, so you'll spend a long time helping each other heal.