Chapter 13

For the rest of the time in the haunted house, you felt nothing but the warmth of his hand. You heard nothing but your pounding heart, pounding for his presence right in front of you. The ghosts and screaming didn't scare you. The thought that he'll let go of your hand does though. You didn't care how he's here or why, and that was terrifying to you, that you didn't care. Fuck, you thought to yourself, fuck this. Four years without him and you thought you were okay, but his touch, his skin. They were the only things that felt right at this moment.

The exit was only a few feet away. His body was pulled back a bit when you stopped walking. He was hesitating if he should speak or not, because if he does, you'll recognize him away. He doesn't realize touching his hand was enough for you to know who he is. "The minute we walk out that door, you'll leave right? You'll leave like you always do." you whispered. Even with the ominous sound of the background music, he still heard every word. He turned around slowly and with the lights from the exit sign, you could see his eyes. Chocolate orbs.

"How?" he asked with the same volume.

"It doesn't matter." you shook your head.

"It matters to me, Y/N." He pulled you closer by your hand. He smelled of lavender. "How did you know it's me?" He had purposely worn the same thing as Taehyung and did his hair the same way. The height was a little bit off but it should still not have been so noticeable.

"I'll always know. I hate that I always know. Your hands feel different from Taehyung. The way you breath is different, the way you walk is different."

"When we walk out that door, I won't leave you Y/N. Not ever again." He pulled your hand up to his face and kissed it gently. You didn't move. "I want to take you somewhere." Instead of taking the designated exit, Namjoon took another route. The back door had a road that led to the river within the park. The path was cleared up on purpose for this occasion. And by the edge of the river was a small boat. He gestured for you to get in. You were very much reluctant. "Don't worry. It's safe." he said.

It was wobbling a little bit but he held onto your waist as you descended on to the seat. When he was situated, the boat began moving. "It's remotely controlled." he stated, which made you feel a little bit better. The boat moved slowly and you got a good view of the park. By now, everyone must have moved to the main square to get ready for the fireworks. It was just you two in the moment.

"It's a full moon tonight." Namjoon said. The moonlight shined through his brown hair, like specks of glitter adorned on him by the gods themselves.

"Yeah. It's nice." you said back. You were looking at the reflection of the moon on the water. The image rippled as the boat pass by.

"At the dorm, during my trainee days and even now, I would sit out on the balcony and look at the moon. And every second, I would think of you. I keep that picture in my pocket at all time, and it makes me miss you even more."

"Picture?" He pulled out a small photo from his back pocket. It was a little bit worn out, but for the most part, he preserved it very well. A faint smile formed on your face, it was you two, along with bratty Jungkook in the background. It was from 6th-grade continuation. He had his arm around you and as a joke, not really, he kissed your cheek. Your cheeks were red and your eyes were almost out of their sockets. At the time, both your parents thought it was cute, and they had wanted something to blossom between you two when you grew older. They had no idea how powerful that connection became. Not even you two knew. "I hated that haircut on me."

"I thought it was cute." Namjoon said obediently. "When I was gone, I tried to picture how beautiful you grew up to be. And sometimes your image in my mind would be so vivid that I would cry because I just wanted to hug you again."

"Why haven't you hugged me?"

"If I hug you, I won't ever want to let go." he answered. He rubbed the back of his neck and sighed. "I was never a person that likes to show affection. Hoseok loves hugs and Yoongi loves hand holding. They were comfortable with doing things like that in public. I always thought it was because there was something wrong with me. But I knew better, it was because you were the only one I wanted to hug, to kiss, to touch." He grabbed your hand and pulled it to his chest. You felt the beating of his heart, it was rapid, like wildfire. "This is how you make me feel."

"It could just be that you're scared right now." you said, trying to dismiss what he just told you. You didn't want it to be real. "You can't swim, remember?"

"I knew you would say that." he chuckled. He wasn't going to let your denial stop him from telling you how he felt. He pulled out his phone with earbuds attached and handed them to you. "Listen to the song."

You looked at the phone and frowned. "There's a password on the phone though."

"Guess." he simply said. You first typed a few numbers in, his birthday, his debut day. Those didn't work. Hesitantly, you typed in your birthday and the screen unlocked. It shouldn't surprise you but it did. You pressed the play button on the screen. The title was "Love". It was an upbeat song. His rap came in quickly and bright.

Namjoon observed your reaction the whole time and felt relieved when he saw your smile growing. Unknowingly, you head bounced lightly to the beat of the song. When it ended, you didn't know exactly what the course of action should be. Should you tell him it's a good song? Should you say you like it? Should you hug him? You removed the earbuds and handed them back to him.

You opened and closed your mouth a few times, unable to formulate words. "I like the alphabet part." you finally said. Namjoon scoffed and laughed out loud. He was less nervous now after you said that.

"Out of all the things you could have said, you chose that." he chuckled. "And I love you for that." You stopped breathing. And in the background, the fireworks were at their peaks. Exploding and booming in an array of colors, colors that were painted on his face as he said those words again.

"Y/N, I love you."