Chapter 28

The building rose from the ground up, a classic Cinderella story. BigHit entertainment was on the verge of bankruptcy before Cypher could debut. At some point, there were talks of not debuting at all and Hoseok had decided to leave. Namjoon was given the chance to go solo. But he fought hard for his team to debut together. His friends had always been everything to him.

He held your hand tightly as you both walked through the front door. The receptionist greeted Namjoon fondly and gave you a little curious look. "This is Y/N." he told her. She nodded, knowing exactly who you were.

"I see. I finally get to meet the famous Y/N. Namjoon talks so much about you that I thought you were made up because of how perfect he describes you." she laughed.

"I'm by no means perfect. It's nice to meet you." You both shook hand.

"You make him smile the brightest and that's all that matters." she answered. Namjoon blushed and guided you to the elevator. After having another conversation with your mother over some tea, she agreed to let him date you under the condition that you wouldn't be in danger from his fans. He promised on his life that no one would touch a hair on your head without his permission. A little dramatic but your mom approved. Right now, he was taking you to meet with his boss to discuss a deal.

"Don't worry about anything. He knows who you are already." Namjoon stated with a wide grin. He was thrilled and apprehensive, but he was ready to announce you to the world officially.

"It seems that everyone knows who I am already." you giggled. On the way to the office, some of the sound engineers greeted you, already knowing your name. Yoongi and Hoseok were also there to work on their mixtapes.

"Sorry, I might have gotten too excited to tell them about my girlfriend."

"You sly fox." The door of the CEO came into view and suddenly, you felt so small. This was the person in charge of Namjoon's career, one wrong move, and everything could be over for him. You didn't want to do anything wrong, and strangely the thought of being near Namjoon when he's an idol seems wrong and selfish. Namjoon lightly knocked on the door and the voice on the other side answered to come in.

His office was neat and smaller than you were expecting. But when someone started from nothing, they value money that much more. He had posters and records on the walls, mostly of Cyphers and even some of his own. His glass display case showcased his producer of the year awards as well as signed albums from other artists. He leaned against his rolling chair and smiled kindly as you two took a seat on the couch. He walked over and shook your hand with great firmness.

"Y/N, it's nice to finally meet you. You can call me Bang P.D. I really thought Namjoon made you up because he was lonely."

"Sir, please don't embarrass me in front of my girlfriend." Namjoon said quietly, hiding his face behind his hands. Bang P.D laughed.

"I see you finally asked her out."

"Yes sir. I wanted to tell you in person." Namjoon answered proudly. "I'm grateful she accepted me." He gave you a fond smile, one that continues to pull you in, making you fall every time.

"Well, I'm very happy for both of you. You deserve love and happiness, Namjoon." P.D said.

"Thank you, sir. Y/N makes me content and I will give her all the love I have." Then he sighed. "There's another reason why we're here today." Bang P.D held up his hand and signaled Namjoon to stop.

"I know why you're here. You know without a doubt that I support this relationship because I've never seen you with so much joy. Not even when you're working on music. But unfortunately, our investors won't see it that way. Even though you no longer have a dating ban, they and your fan expect you to have a certain image and a girlfriend will not work."

Namjoon's shoulders dropped. "Are you telling us to break up then?" he asked.

"Oh no, of course not. I have no right to do that. But I am asking you two to keep it a secret." He sighed. "There have been some posts about you two at school but it's nothing major. Still, if things get out of hand, it will be bad for the company. I hope you understand me."

"Yes, I do. But you're asking me to hide her and pretend I'm not in love with someone. I don't know if I can do that." Namjoon argued. His free hand went into a fist by his side.

"Namjoon, I realize it's unideal but this is to protect your career."

"I don't care about my career. It's unfair to her. I want the world to know the reason behind my smile." Namjoon looked down at his hand that was intertwined with yours. It was disheartening to hear all of this, but this isn't the time to think about yourself.

"Namjoon," you spoke. "If you're worried about me, then please don't. I care deeply about your career and so does everyone else in your life. So what if I'm a secret, I still get to be with you, right? At the end of the day, we'll still have each other. That won't change."

He eased his body and nodded. "Yes, you'll always have me." He kissed your forehead as a guarantee. "I love you so much."

Bang P.D then turned to you, locking eye contact. "Dating an idol is hard, especially someone up and rising like Namjoon. He'll be occupied, he'll go on tour, he'll be with female artists or fans. It will be extremely challenging and lonely at times. Do you think you can do that?"

You nodded. "I can manage loneliness. I can survive the distance. I can't handle knowing that we're not together. Everything else is just turbulence." you answered. P.D laughed softly in satisfaction. Namjoon had been right about you, you were the one, maybe too perfect to be real. But here you two are, hand in hand. He had no doubt that this relationship would survive anything, and luck was just a concept for people who don't believe in love.