Chapter 14

Flashback

Taehyung walked into the empty music room where Namjoon, Jungkook, and the rest of Cypher were. It was their meeting place every morning, a way to debrief and get ready for the day. Jungkook was showing Yoongi how to spin the basketball in his finger. Hoseok was practicing some dance move while Namjoon sat at the grand piano, a notebook by his side. It looks like he was trying to write something, his fingers danced on top of the piano keys. When the door closed behind Taehyung, everyone looked up. Jungkook furrowed his eyebrows and dropped the ball. He marched towards Taehyung, anger masking his face.

"What the hell are you doing here?" he asked. Taehyung ignored him and kept walking. Jungkook didn't like that. "Hey, I'm talking to you." He pulled on Taehyung collar and pulled him up to his toes. The rest of the boys ran towards them and pulled them apart, Yoongi holding Jungkook and Hoseok holding Taehyung. "Let go of my hyung." Jungkook yelled, fighting his way out of Yoongi's embrace but it didn't work out.

"Hobi hyung, you can let me go." Taehyung said. "I don't want to fight anyone." Hoseok complied and blushed at the nickname Taehyung called him.

"Why are you here then?" Hoseok asked.

"I wanted to talk to Namjoon. Just the two of us." he answered. Jungkook was fighting Yoongi's grip once again.

"To hell with that. As if I'll let you be here with him." he spat out.

"Please leave us." Namjoon said from behind. Everyone turned to look at him in surprise, even Taehyung. He didn't think it would be that easy.

"But hyung-"

"Enough Jungkook. I would like to talk to Taehyung." Namjoon said loudly, it echoed the room. So Yoongi and Hoseok dragged a persistent Jungkook out and closed the door. Namjoon walked back to the piano bench and sat down. Taehyung sat at the front row. "What did you want to talk about?" he asked. His hands felt numb. He was talking to the boyfriend of the girl he was stupid enough to leave. He was angry, at everyone, at himself. But there was no point in being mad at Taehyung because at least he was making you happy.

"What's your plan this Saturday?" Taehyung asked.

"This Saturday?" Namjoon repeated. "I have a recording session for the whole day. Why?"

"Cancel that. You're going on a date."

"Pardon?"

"I guess I should explain. Saturday night, I want you to bring Y/N to the amusement park to watch the firework." Taehyung answered.

"But why would you want me to do that? Aren't you her boyfriend?"

"Did you really believe it was real? You must be a bigger fool than I thought." Taehyung scoffed. Namjoon looked up from the piano and pierced his eyes through Taehyung.

"It was fake?" he asked. "The relationship wasn't real? But why?"

"I wondered the same thing when I asked Y/N to be my fake girlfriend. And I wondered the same thing when she said yes. At first, she said it was to forget you. But I realized whenever she thinks of love, she won't ever think of you. She'll think of you. No matter how hard I tried, and believe me, I've been chasing her since sophomore year, she'll never forget you."

"Why are you telling me all of this?"

"People do crazy things for the people they love. And I guess I'm doing that right now. The more days I spend with her, the more guilt I feel and the more I'm just letting her run away from her problems. She needs you, hyung."

Namjoon didn't know what to say. It was too much information to take in. "She doesn't want anything to do with me." he finally said.

"She told me when she breath, she thinks of you. She might be lying to you and to herself, but she can't do it forever. It's inevitable. Eventually, she'll give up on this act and she'll need you to catch her."

Namjoon shook his head. "She doesn't need me. She doesn't need me to do anything for her, actually. And that's why I love her. She'll fall and she'll get back up on her own. All I can do is watch."

"You can put the bandaid on her, and keep the roads clear so that she won't hurt herself again." Taehyung suggested. Namjoon nodded, it was good advice.

"Tell me more about Saturday then."

Taehyung told him about the plan, the switch at the haunted house, the same cloth and hair. The rest was up to Namjoon to figure out. "How do I get her to stay then? She might not want to listen to me."

"So don't talk. Do what you do best." Taehyung said frankly. Namjoon wondered why it never occurred to him to write you a song directly. Probably because he figures you wouldn't like his songs because it was the reason why he left you in the first place. Namjoon nodded and began playing with some melodies on the piano. "That was fast." Taehyung said. Namjoon chuckled.

"When it comes to her, nothing is impossible for me." Namjoon commented. Taehyung watched Namjoon's hands moved from the piano to the notepad and wondered what it was like to love someone this much. Maybe one day he'll find out, and maybe one day, he'll be on the receiving end.