Chapter 19

There were several loud knocks on your bedroom door. It couldn't be your mom because she left for work an hour ago. When you didn't bother moving, the door burst open. Tzuyu stomped inside while Jennie hesitantly followed. "Yah, you lazy butt. Get up." Tzuyu yelled, pulling the blanket off of you.

"It's still early, let me sleep more." you groaned. You two were playing tug-a-war with the blanket.

"It's late! We were supposed to go get lunch and dress shopping, remember?" When you opened your eyes, the sun was already at its peak. The clock read 12:19 p.m. You've never slept in so much, it must have been because you stayed up late finishing an assignment.

"Aigoo, look at this girl." Jennie commented. While Tzuyu helped you wash up, Jennie stayed in the room to pick out an outfit for you. "She also needs a giant makeover." she said to herself. After getting you dressed, they carried you out to the car. To any pedestrian, it would look like a kidnapping. And that's exactly what Namjoon thought when he looked out his window. He was about to call the police when Jungkook stopped him. He had stayed the night.

"Relax, they're going dress shopping." he said nonchalantly.

"How would you know?"

"My girlfriend told me last night." he said, continuing to play on his Nintendo Switch. But then he stopped when he realized this was new information to everyone. "I-um-I mean."

"Does Y/N know?" Namjoon asked, feeling nervous for the maknae.

"Tzuyu will tell her today."

"I hope you survive."

"It can't be that bad, Y/N isn't scary."

"Buddy, I haven't been here the whole time but I know that's not true. Even if she seems okay with it, actually going out with her best friend might different. It's not like she'll disapprove, but she knows how you are, you're playful so she might not think you're serious. She might rip your head off." Namjoon explained.

"I'm going to rip his head off." you growled.

"Please don't." Tzuyu held your body tightly in the car while Jennie drove to the restaurant. She had just finished telling you that Jungkook asked her out after school yesterday while you were studying in the library with Namjoon, well it was more like sitting two tables from each other and texting back and forth. But back to the point, you were obviously happy for her, but also upset that you didn't get to make threats on him.

"Be quiet back there, or else I might crash." Jennie warned. Both you and Tzuyu got off each other and sat back in safe positions.

"I'm happy for you Zuzu, I really am. Jungkook's a good guy, but I just want to have a word with him, that's all."

"About what?" she asked with concern in her voice.

"Don't worry about it." you said casually.

"Okay, just please no head ripping. I like him a lot." she said quietly. You laughed, it was cute. And you knew Jungkook also felt the same way, so you're not too protective with him, but it's better to be safe than sorry. You don't want what happened to you to happen to her, not that it would, and not that Namjoon would ever put you in that situation again. The necklace on your neck was a sign of that. Though you still wonder what it says. The three of you arrived at the restaurant. Luckily it wasn't super busy so missing the first reservation thanks to your oversleeping was okay.

The waiter led us to a table out in the back, where there was a pond and a small waterfall. Jennie booked the place and considering her style, it wasn't surprising. "I'm paying." she reminded and you two weren't about to argue with her.

"Jennie, do you have a date?" Tzuyu asked, taking a sip of her strawberry milk.

"No one asked me yet, probably cuz they think I'm so intimidating." she answered, it was sad, but she was aware that people misunderstand her a lot.

"Why don't you ask someone then?" you suggested. She didn't seem against it.

"I could do that. I have someone in mind." she murmured. A part of her didn't want you to hear it.

"Who?" Tzuyu asked.

"Ah- no one." Jennie raised both hands and waved them in denial.

"Tell us." you nudged on.

"Don't be mad, Y/N." she said, giving you shy eyes.

"Do you want to ask Namjoon?" you asked, surprised and shock and a little amused.

She shook her head violently. "No, no, of course not. No, I want to ask Taehyung."

"Taehyung?" you repeated. Jennie nodded and stared down at her drink.

"Maybe that makes me a bad friend, because I know you two had dated and he probably is still in love with you. So maybe I shouldn't-"

"Jen, shut up." you told her. "I feel like a bad friend because I never knew you like him. What Taehyung and I had wasn't real. I mean I can't discredit his feelings, but I can't return them. He's a good friend and I do think you will be able to give him the happiness he deserves. Go for it." you winked. The food arrived and you all began eating while chatting about the plan for dress shopping. Your phone chimed a few times. It was Namjoon checking in on you, apparently, he saw your kidnap this morning. You told him not to worry but tell Jungkook to be careful because you're coming after him.

The dress place was down the street, a few girls were already in the store, but Jennie had booked an appointment with the stylist as expected. Jennie and Tzuyu were quick to begin searching. You took your time, only pulling out a few dresses by the end while the other two had stacks. Jennie went first to try them on while you two waited. She looked stunning in everything she wore so it was really hard to choose. In the end, she chose a red Chanel dress with low high skirt and off-shoulder sleeves. Tzuyu went next and due to her tall figure, she made the fitting room into a catwalk. She picked out a lilac spaghetti strap dress with a poofy skirt.

You didn't have a lot of options but the minute you put on your dress, you knew it was the one. And everyone else seemed to have agreed, they were speechless. It was a white halter dress that went to your past your ankles. To make the moment better, the stylist put your hair in a low side bun with loose curls. It was perfect. Tzuyu suggested taking a picture before taking the dress off. When you got out of the dressing room, the other two girls were waiting to pay. Just then, someone else walked into the boutique, Jennie rolled her eyes and Tzuyu furrowed her eyebrows. Normally, you would join them, but by now, you were mortified.

So Min scanned the room, then to Jennie, Tzuyu, and finally to you. Her eyes lit up and she marched forward gracefully. "This dress is perfect for me. Thanks for picking it out Y/N." Without another word, she yanked it out of your hand and walked away.

"Yah, that's her dress, give it back you bitch." Jennie yelled.

"And what are you gonna do about it?" So Min yelled back. "Fight me with your daddy's money?"

Jennie rolled up her sleeves and ran towards So Min. "I'll show you what my mama gave me." Tzuyu and you had to tackle her to prevent her from going any further.

"Jennie, it's fine. It's just a dress." you told her. Jennie got angrier because she was the only other person who knew how So Min had been threatening you.

"But Y/N, that was yours first and you look more beautiful in it than she ever could." Tzuyu said.

So Min laughed vindictively but then stopped. "Watch your little mouth, princess and listen to your friend. She's only doing this to protect you." Then she walked away with the dress of your dreams.