Chapter 12

The sun was blazing down on you and you hated it. The cap covered a quarter of your face so it was pretty useless, but you waited nonetheless for him to show up. Taehyung suggested going to the amusement park because it was their 50th-year celebration, so there'll be fireworks at the end of the night. You wore jeans that go just above your ankles, white tee, and red high top converse. They demanded to be worn today for some reasons.

Taehyung spotted you near the entrance next to the water fountain and ran up to you. "Sorry I'm late." he said with a big smile. He wore a loose light blue button-up shirt with white pants. He can manage to make any style look normal and comfortable.

"I mean, you offered to pay for everything so I'm okay with waiting." When he asked you on the date, it was surprising because you really thought he was going to break up with you. But he was insistent on going on this first date with you, which you were pretty sure would also be the last. You couldn't be more grateful to Taehyung for doing this for you. He's right, it was time to face it. Your heart still beats for Namjoon and only him.

"Let's go." he said, grabbing your hand and headed through the gate. The first stop was the biggest rollercoaster in the back. It had 3 loops and the highest drop. Taehyung said once you get done with this, everything else will be easier. It made a lot of sense but you wish it didn't. But you couldn't escape it. Taehyung sat excitedly in the seat next to you, your feet were dangling off the seats and you gripped tightly to the bars that were holding you. "You could hold my hand if you're scared." he suggested. He was still as flirty as ever.

"I'll be okay. I should learn to do things on my own, right?" you chuckled. Your palms were sweating. You saw the worker telling the rest of the passengers safety procedures but of course, no one was listening. Your own heartbeat was too loud for you to focus on anything else. The buttons were pushed and the next thing you know, the rollercoaster bolted forward and your head threw back. The wind was in your hair and you could barely keep your eyes open.

"Y/N." Taehyung screamed so that you could hear him. "Yell, let your voice out." And so you did, it felt liberating. You were on top of the world, you felt fearless. On the drop, you barely felt a thing. But when the ride ended, your legs were shaking. Taehyung laughed. "Shall I carry you?"

"In your dreams, prince charming." He did help you walk to the next location, a more grounded game, bumper cars.

"Alright, whoever loses has to buy the other cotton candy." Taehyung said.

"You're on. Get ready to lose."

"To you? You don't even know how to drive."

"I don't have to, I just need to know how to crash." you said, flipping your hair behind your shoulder and it hit his face. He pushed past you to get to the car and it was game on. While everyone else was having fun in the background, you two were literally trying to kill each other. The cars would crash roughly into each other and it would knock the riders around, but neither of you cared. "Wait, how are we supposed to win this?" you asked halfway through.

Taehyung seemed to have realized the same thing and shrugged. "Whoever bumps the most?"

"That makes no sense."

"You make no sense." he rebuttal.

"We're both dumb." you said. The time was up and by the end, you two were laughing. You both decided to buy cotton candy for each other as prizes. The day continued after some lunch. It included a mix of rides and going into small little shops. You took a lot of pictures of him wearing weird headbands or of him pretending to be a statue. At some point, a group of girls walked by and checked him out from head to toe. But when they looked at you, it would turn to a look of confusion and disgust.

"You should recruit them for your fan club." you teased. You two were in line for the merry-go-round. The sky was already dark and the moon was beginning to emerge.

"No thank you." he said, sarcastically rolling his eyes. "Are you okay though? I wish they wouldn't do that to you." He picked the white stallion while you picked the pony right next to him.

"I'm used to it at school, I mean, I am dating one of the Kim's so that's to be expected." The ride started. The lights shimmered and cast beautiful shadows, it was like a dream. You closed your eyes for a second.

"You won't be dating me for much longer." he said in a low voice.

Your eyes remained closed. You knew this was coming. "You brought me all the way here to break up with me?"

"Romantic, right?"

You chuckled. "Taehyung, next time you like someone, only bring her here for happy memories."

Taehyung smiled. "I know. I am." he said to himself.

"What?"

"Nothing." he said quickly. "But there is one last place you need to go with me before the fireworks."

"I don't know...."

"Trust me." You let him guide you to the destination. An eerie feeling grew in your stomach. The ambiance changed, the lights around were practically dimmed. The music in the area also stopped and you could swear you heard someone calling out to you. Instinctively, you took a step closer to Taehyung, shoulder touching. When the building appeared in front of you, your body stopped completely. "I shouldn't have trusted you."

It was a haunted house. Now that might seem easy but this park had been known to cause people to faint or hyperventilate because of the jumpscares. "You'll be fine. I'll be right here with you."

"If I die, I'm gonna kill you." you warned.

"I look forward to it. Let's go." he said. When he reached the waiting area, he turned around again. "Hey, don't run away from it, okay?"

"What?" you asked. He didn't answer. Taehyung, for some reason, made you go first, and he followed behind. It was dark inside, apart from some red lights illuminating the path that you should take. It was also quiet. But after the first few steps, a mannequin jumped out and made you jump. You placed a hand at your heart and kept walking. You heard him giggling in the back, but the voice didn't sound like him, it was a little bit lighter, but still deep. You ignored it, thinking about how it was the atmosphere. After a few more steps, the fog kicked in. Your pace slower until you touched his body with your back. Something felt off but before you could question it, a woman with long hair jumped out and ran towards you. You let out a loud scream and grabbed Taehyung's hand and ran.

His hand felt sturdier and the rings on his finger felt cold on your skin. You didn't remember him wearing any rings this morning. When you got to a safer corner, you wanted to let go of his hand, but it seemed that he didn't. "Are you that scared?" You looked up at him, only able to see his silhouette, but you could see that he was smiling. He nodded.

"You big baby. You said you would protect me." you pouted. He chuckled and again, it didn't sound like him. But it did sound like someone else you knew. You didn't want to say anything because you felt that if you utter his name, he'll vanish into thin air. This was one of the only moments where you allowed yourself to be honest about your feelings. And you did not want him to go. In the dark hallway, you held his hand just a bit tighter.