Chapter 37

3 years later

His life-size poster was still on your wall. For the most part, your room looked exactly the same. Except for the fact that Rosé, your roommate, had also gotten really into K-pop and Cypher so her side of the wall had posters of various groups. Being friends for the last three years, it only made sense for you to tell her about you and Namjoon. She definitely did not believe you at first but she walked in on you Facetiming him once and almost fainted.

Cypher hit massive global success from their latest album and reached the top of Billboard chart as well as grabbing Billboard nominations. You had been so proud of him and he was ecstatic about those nominations, not only for their hard work but also it was an excuse to take a detour to see you. You went back home every summer while he visited anytime he was given a vacation, the relationship grew stronger.

Though there have been rough patches where you two would miss each other unbelievably much due to the time difference, could not talk. It was especially hard when either you had to study for tests or when he has a schedule. The distance plus small jealousy never helps. Once you wore a bit of a revealing dress to a party and he got mad once he saw the pictures. He even said he would fly over to burn that dress. Recently, he collaborated with a female solo artist in America and every picture with them seemed intimate. He said since it was a love song, the producers wanted him to channel that emotion, so he thought of you. There were various fights, but nothing that could separate you two for long.

Being with him was still a secret to the rest of the world. In interviews, whenever someone would ask him about it, he would skillfully avoid the answer by saying Decoders were his girlfriends. For you, it still sucked but seeing him at the top of his career and so happy makes everything just a little bit more bearable. Everyone else back home was doing great, except when Yoongi came out to the pubic, it caused a bit of a controversy. His fans were reluctant, but looked past that because of their love for him and his music. It made Seokjin relieved as well, even if they, like you and Namjoon, were a secret.

You were on track to graduate in the Spring, which meant you could go home and be with him earlier than expected. Of course you haven't told him yet, it would make for a great surprise. Rosé was playing her guitar on her bed and it made you sleepy. It was almost midnight, but you were waiting for his three-times-a-week phone call.

"Y/N, you should sleep, you have a big test tomorrow." she said, stopping the tune.

"Just a little bit. He must be busy but he won't forget." Just then, your phone rang. You excitedly picked up the video call. Rosé had gotten used to the procedure, she went back to songwriting. "Hi, Joonie."

"Hi my love." he said tiredly. "Sorry I'm late, today has been hectic." You could see various people moving in the background, it was loud. Namjoon tried his best to find a quiet place to talk to you. He was clearly exhausted.

"It's okay. I understand. You guys must be busy with the tour coming up next month."

"Yeah! It's our first world tour and honestly, even thinking about it gives me the chills." His smile gave you life, along with his dimples. How you miss them.

"I can't wait to see you perform then."

"Speaking of which, I have front row tickets for you and Rosé at the New York stop. So make sure she doesn't have anything going on that day."

"Don't you worry, Mr. President. I already cleared out my schedule for you." she yelled from across the room. It made both you and Namjoon laughed. Her bias just happens to be Namjoon because she aspire to write lyrics just like his. He offered to talk to her about it more once she visits Korea with you after graduating.

"Sounds great. There's also going to be a surprise for you at the show."

"You know you can't do that." you sighed. "Now all I'm going to think about is that."

"Good." he grinned.

"You're evil."

"I know." he laughed. "Hey, I have to get back to rehearsal now. I'll talk to you again very soon, my galaxy. I love you 3000." he said. The smile on his face told you he meant it, everything he had ever said to you. No matter the distance, he would always mean it.

"I love 3 million." you replied back. It became a sort of an inside joke ever since you watched Endgame. No number could illustrate the amount of love you both had for each other. With a smile on your face, you went to bed. In the morning, you did your daily routine, which was to stalk Twitter to see what Cypher was up to. You could just ask the boys, but this was a lot more fun. Hundreds of fansite were created in the last year, you were thrilled to see people loving them and their messages. There was a notification, RM just posted a picture.

It was of the moon and star from his apartment, the one he's saving to share with you. He gave you a tour of it the summer before you left and it was magical. He only visited it when he misses you, it must be one of those nights. The caption read, "I hope you're doing well. This place is for you and me." You couldn't help but squirm around the bed out of excitement, but quietly so that you wouldn't wake up the sleeping redhead. Reading through the comments, fans were speculating about who it could be about or some said they wished it was about them. They're really going through it.

Your phone vibrated, someone was calling. You got out of bed to move to the bathroom to talk. "Taehyung?" you asked. "Hey what's going on? It's late over there, isn't it?" It wasn't usual for him to call you, after Namjoon, your mom, and Tzuyu, he was the person back home that talked to you the most. You had grown quite used to his calls.

"Y/N." he said.

"Tae, are you drunk?" you gasped. This wasn't like him at all, he hated alcohol with a passion.

"She broke up with me." he said silently. His voice didn't break, he wasn't crying. But there was no sign of happiness or even any other emotion in his voice. Innocent and playful Taehyung was gone.

"Tae, I'm so sorry." you said in return. After graduating high school, Jennie had gone to a private college on her father's wishes but promised to still be with Taehyung because she didn't want anyone else. They had managed for so long and with great success, you wonder what happened.

"She didn't tell me why, she just said it was for my own good and that I should just forget about her." This time, you could hear the crying. "How could I? I loved her. She made me feel accepted, complete."

"I know this doesn't help, but I know her and she would never fall out of love with you. So that's not the reason why. I can talk to her if you'd like."

"No, don't. There's no point. I'm just going to believe that she doesn't love me anymore because thinking of any other reason will give me hope and that will just turn out to be disappointing. Thanks for listening."

"Taehyung!" But the line went dead and you were in panic mode. You texted Seokjin and Jungkook to go check up on him. Then you called Jennie, the line was disconnected. Something was terribly wrong.