Chapter 6

Namjoon was caught off guard. But that was to put it simply, realistically, he felt like he was hit by a great force and it pulled him in closer and closer until he got to exactly where you were standing. Jungkook headed out to basketball practice and told Namjoon to wait for him to walk home, which is ridiculous since Namjoon had his own car or driver that could take him home. But he stayed, and wandered the school. Finally, everything was quiet, he was finally alone with his own thoughts. A sweet sound caught his ears. His feet dragged him with his ears being the navigator. It came from a room labeled Band/Orchestra auditorium. He wanted to come in right away, hearing the sorrow yet gentle voice. But he waited a little bit when he recognized it was your voice.

When he did push the door open, he saw you standing in front of the full orchestra, your back to him. Tzuyu saw him out of the corner of her eyes but continued playing her part. Namjoon took a seat in the audience section and listened carefully.

All night, my dreams bring you to me

This voice I'm hearing for the first time became my laughter

Suddenly, I see your back ahead of me

My heart won't stop for a moment, feels like it'll explode

Even if my love is a love I'm doing alone

It has all of the precious things fill up my heart

Even if my love is a love I'm doing alone

It's eternal, it won't wither

Namjoon couldn't see your face, but he figured you were getting emotional, judging by the tremble in your voice. The conductor signal for everyone to stop and you let out a big sigh. The conductor made eye contact with Namjoon, who then stood up and bowed lightly. "Ah, RM-ssi, to what do I owe this pleasure to?" You spun around and looked down at him from the stage, he had begun to walk forward. Unknowingly, you had backed away until you reached Tzuyu's spot. She held your hand tight.

"Sorry to interrupt sir." Namjoon said, bowing again. "Everything just sounded...really nice." he continued. That last part, he glanced over at you but quickly looked away.

"Thank you." Mr. Hong said. "Though I'm sure we aren't as good as you and your group."

"No, no, no. Please don't say that." Namjoon chuckled. "I'm not that great at playing instruments are singing. The hyungs are better than me."

"I see. Well, you're welcomed to stay and watch the rest of rehearsal. Is that alright with you?"

"I would love to, but is the class okay with me?" Namjoon asked. On cue, everyone simultaneously answered yes, excluding you and Tzuyu, who looked at you with worried eyes.

"That's settled then." Mr. Hong announced. Namjoon moved back to the audience section, but this time, sitting closer to the stage."Let's run that again. Oh, by the way, Y/N, that was lovely."

"T-thanks." Your feet hesitantly walked back to the original position. The orchestra started again, from where it was left off. Your voice came out quietly, almost too quiet. You didn't want him to hear you, ever since he left, music was pain for you. Mr. Hong raised his hand, indicating you should raise your volume. Sighing mentally, you did as told. With every note, with every words, you felt his eyes on you. Your eyes were burning and tears were blinding everything in sight. Then the orchestra stopped once again. Mr. Hong raised both eyebrows at you.

"Y/N, are you okay?" When he asked that, the tears just suddenly poured out like a stream, a broken damn. Instead of answering him, you ran to grab your bag and ran down the stage. Namjoon stood up in place, his breath stopped completely. You continued to run until you reached the door and yanked it open. Footsteps were following you, and eventually, strong hand yanked you back.

You were looking right at Namjoon when you turned around. Maybe you should have run faster, but it was useless, no matter how fast you run, Namjoon would always catch up. "Let go of me." you said. He shook his head. "Goddammit, Kim Namjoon, leave me alone." you yelled louder, the sound echoing the hallway. Luckily, there was no one around, the auditorium was further away.

"No, you're not okay right now. I won't leave you." he said calmly. There was something in his eyes that resembled an attachment, a string pulling you back.

"I'm not okay because of you." you said bitterly. "Why didn't you just stay away? Why did you have to come back?" You yanked with force, causing him to tumble back a little bit, but he was right back in front of you.

"Y/N, I came back because of you. I miss-"

"Don't you dare finish that sentence. Don't you dare speak my name. You lost that privilege the day you forgot about me."

"I never forgot you, I could never forget you." he pleaded, there was a shimmering in his eyes. They mirrored yours. But you remain unbothered, or at least you tried.

"Right. Whatever you say. Let me make it clear right now, don't talk to me at school, don't act like you know me, we're nothing but strangers now."

"Y/N, please."

"Sorry, RM-ssi, I have to go." And with that, you ran home. When you got in front of your gate, you couldn't help but look over to his house. His parents were home, they were probably waiting for you. A figure moved in front of the window, his mother, she waved at you with a gentle smile. You kept running.

When you got back home again, the sun was beginning to go down. You can see your mother's car in the driveway. She was in the kitchen, an apron wrapped around her body. The familiar smell of her food filled your nose. As you dropped your backpack on the ground, she spun around. Her smile dropped when she saw your conditions; puffy eyes, tear streaks on cheeks.

"Y/N, sweetie, what's wrong?" she asked, taking her apron off and giving you a tight hug. She was never much of a physical contact person. Ever since your dad passed away, your mom toughened up and took on the roles of both parents. You felt bad for not being able to give her enough of what she deserves, but she always says as long as you're happy and healthy, that's all she needs. She brushed your hair as you cried onto your shoulder.

"He's back, eomma." you said between cry, "Namjoon is back."