Chapter 38

Bang P.D called Namjoon in early for a meeting. Namjoon was confused considering everything that they needed to meet for had already happened. The tour, the surprise for you. But nonetheless, he did not want to make his boss upset by being late. But his boss was not alone, there was another man sitting across from him. It was evident by his composure that he was important to the company.

"Ah, Namjoon. You're here." Band P.D said nervously. "This is Mr. Kim of K design. You've heard of him, right?"

"Yes, you have sponsored many of our clothing and paid venues for us when we were just starting out. I'm very thankful." Namjoon bowed. The man seemed satisfied with the respect he was getting.

"Don't mention it. I love music and so does my daughter. And I also have an eye for talent, I knew you guys would make it big." he said in a breathy voice.

"Thank you for believing in them." Bang P.D said. "Mr. Kim also holds a large share of our stock so there's a matter that we wanted to discuss with you about, Namjoon." Namjoon nodded, he was getting uncomfortable, it didn't seem like a normal meeting. Bang P.D seemed more nervous than usual and there was an apologetic look on his face. On the contrary, Mr. Kim was enjoying everything that was happening, his power over the two men in front of him. It made Namjoon sick, Yoongi's view of capitalism had started to rub off on him. But as a leader, he needed to remain calm.

"What is it?" he asked. Bang P.D took a deep breath and began.

"As mentioned earlier, Mr. Kim has a daughter and she's actually a big fan of yours."

"I'm very flattered." Namjoon commented.

"Yes, and I think she would very much like to meet you." Mr. Kim continued.

"That sounds great." Namjoon said. "I love meeting fans, but shouldn't the guys be here too?"

"Here's the other thing." Mr. Kim added, his tone suddenly shifted to something more secretive. "I was hoping for something more to develop between you and my daughter. Something more than just idol and fan relationship."

"Sir, I don't think I understand."

"I want you two to date." he said bluntly. Namjoon thought he misheard and turned to P.D for help, but it seemed everything was hopeless. 

"Sir, as much as I respect you, I cannot do that. I have a girlfriend. You might not know that but I-"

"Oh of course I know. You can't keep things from a stockholder, that's not how the game works. I know that you have been together for over three years now and I also know you grew up together. I know that she's at Columbia on a full scholarship. What a clever girl she is? No wonder you like her very much." he grinned. Namjoon felt trapped in the room and he wanted to run away from this nightmare. "It would be good for your image to be surrounded with someone of high class as my daughter and it means I would continue to support your agency and their needs."

"Are you bribing us?" Namjoon yelled. It was all so unbelievable. He turned to Bang P.D once more and shook his shoulders. "You can't let him do this to me! You promised to let me be with Y/N. You promised to let me tell the world about her next month. How could you?" he screamed. But there was no point, the man in front of his couldn't do anything else against Mr. Kim.

"Oh enough about her" Mr. Kim said borely. "I could have her scholarship taken away with a snap of my finger. So choose carefully." Namjoon froze, his breath hitched.

"Why are you doing this?" he asked through his teeth. He was close to knocking down the man. He had been so happy with the idea of telling everyone about you, for you two to be together without hiding. But everything was slipping from him in a matter of seconds.

"Because I can. You would make a great partner for my daughter."

"Your daughter...." The door opened and Namjoon, through his teary eyes saw her, he clenched his jaws.

"You."

***

It's been a few days now and Taehyung, for the most part, was fine. The boys had been taking turns to look after him. Times like these made you feel guilty that you weren't there for them. But since you had been so occupied with Taehyung, it distracted you from the fact that Namjoon hadn't been texting or calling you. This was the third time he had missed it. You brushed it off since it's getting closer to the start of the tour and you didn't want to be a distraction for him.

Rosé sensed that you were upset so she took you out to your favorite Korean restaurant nearby. It reminded you of home, they even had the Korean news channel running. After ordering food, your phone rang, not from Namjoon, but someone else that you had been wanting to talk to. You hastily picked it up.

"Jennie, where have you been? I've been trying to reach you for the last few weeks- Hey, are you crying?"

"Y/N," she said with trembling voice. "I'm so sorry for everything."

"It's okay. But don't apologize to me. You need to talk to Taehyung, he's a mess without you."

"God, I miss him so much." she said, sniffling loudly. "But right now, I need to say sorry to you."

"For what?"

"You'll know soon. But Y/N, just know that I'm so sorry and it's not his fault."

"What are you talking about? Whose fault-" Then she hung up, leaving you without an answer. It seemed that the call was made in secret because she was trying her best to whisper. You looked up at Rosé to explain with just happened but she looked past you to the monitor behind, her mouth opened in disbelief. And when you saw the headline, your world became black.

RM of Cypher confirmed to be dating K Design heiress Kim Jennie.