Chapter 4

Lunch was different today. Not because the cafeteria was covered in posters of either Kim Namjoon or Cypher, but what you just told Tzuyu. Everything about Namjoon. She sank back in her seat, listening, visibly stunned and speechless.

"Namjoon lived across the street from me." you began. "Jungkook, him and I used to play together. And yes, I knew Jungkook since I was little, more on that later. But anyways, I kept thinking how crazy Namjoon was, rapping his lyrics at the top of his lung so that I could hear it inside my room. The day he told me he liked me, I was startled and a bit terrified. He treated like I'm a princess but I knew I wasn't that lucky. I didn't say anything back. But I wanted to talk to him more so we both came up with writing letters. Every day was a new topic." Tzuyu watched as you speak, there was a fondness with the words and memories you're speaking about.

"When it was time for me to realize my feelings for him, I took that chance and told him the truth, that I like him. After that, it was a fairytale. By then, we've held hands, went out for movies and dinners, with his parents or my mom of course. It was the happiest time of my life. I really thought I was living a fairytale. And then came the day he left. Without a word, he disappeared. No letters, to text messages, no phone calls, not even emails, as if I was nothing to him. Then I heard about his group debuting and that was that." Tzuyu knew you were holding back the waterfall in your eyes.

You were drowning in yourself but remain strong as you finished the story. Tzuyu's heart was in pain of the story rather than the fact that you didn't tell her anything. It makes sense, someone so close to her. The pieces fell into place. He was the reason why you're more reserve, more hesitant to get to know people. The reason why you rejected Taehyung even though him and Seokjin were the most beautiful people alive. No wonder you got more quiet anytime someone listens to Cypher.

Fuck, she thought, I made her listen to their whole album. She felt guilty and then she was hugging you tight, something she doesn't do often. "Why didn't you ever tell me about this?" she asked quietly "I'm so sorry, I should have been more considerate of your feelings. I shouldn't have forced you to let out your feelings."

"Silly," you said, hugging her back. "You didn't know. I'm sorry I didn't tell you. I just never pictured he would be here again. But I'm sorta glad, I can finally face him and move on with my life. He surely has already."

Tzuyu frowned, seeing how that's not true. She remembered in an interview that Cypher did when they debuted, a question was directed at RM about a potential girlfriend in the industry. He denied, saying that there was someone back home he wanted to see. He must have been talking about you. But you would never believe him. Then there were screamings, it was clear who had just entered the room. You didn't bother looking back to know who it was, but you felt his eyes on you. Tzuyu froze because Jungkook was right beside him. For now, she had to put aside her massive crush to be there for you.

The room felt suffocating by the second. Everywhere you turn, his posters were staring down at you. Those eyes can hypnotize. Girls were screaming his name as he walked past them, and when he would politely smile at them, the screaming got louder. Even the lunch ladies seem to be very interest in him, giving him an extra portion of food. Tzuyu rolled her eyes.

"Hey, that reminds me. So I talked to Jungkook this morning." you said. She snapped back into reality to look at you.

Then her eyes grew in horror. "Who told you to do that?" She cupped her face and faked a cry. It made you laugh.

"If I didn't do it, you would never say anything. Besides, he seemed excited."

"What did you say?" she asked, leaning closer.

"That there's a friend of mine that he should meet."

"But he doesn't know that it's me." she pouted.

"Sweety, you're giving me too much credit, I don't have that many friends."

"That's true. But I just thought it'd be more magical." she shrugged.

You smiled bitterly, "Unfortunately nothing in this world is magical." She gave you a concerned look but you quickly dismissed it. "Just talk to him." She sighed, knowing you were right. It's been more than a year, it's time

"But what if he thinks I'm weird?" she asked. And you got annoyed at that. Objectively, she was much prettier than you and more outgoing in every way. It'd be impossible for Jungkook to find her weird or unappealing.

"It'll be fine. Don't worry your pretty little head too much." you told her. Lunch dragged on for ten more minutes, you both devoured your food in silence. It was difficult to talk over all the high pitch screaming. It felt like the number of girls at the school multiplied within the last three hours. The air was poisoned with perfumes, lipsticks stained the tables. You headed out of the cafeteria quickly, avoiding the rush hour.

Back in Mr. Lee's classroom, you dragged her inside. Namjoon wasn't anywhere in sight, which you were glad of, but it wouldn't last. Jungkook sat at his usual seat and you both walked over to him. "Y/N," he said, a little more familiar this time. As if Namjoon's appearance in both your lives suddenly conjured some sort of bond that was lost long ago. He smiled widely, showing his bunny teeth. You felt Tzuyu tensing up behind you. It was cute.

"Hey, Kookie." you said. "It's been awhile." He nodded, seemingly to have understood the situation. "This is Tzuyu, the friend I was talking about." She jumped and inched forward a little. Her head was lowered to the ground, she was biting her lips.

"RM!" a girl then yelled. Then people began pushing and shoving. You managed to avoid the whole mess but Tzuyu fell down. When you went to reach for her, Jungkook had already beat you to it. He held her arms and picked her up. Her eyes were wide and she slightly gasped.

"T-thank you." she said.

"No problem. Just don't fall for anyone else anymore." Jungkook said. Even that surprised you, it was a clear declaration. Tzuyu slowly nodded. She gave you the "I can't believe that just happened" look as she exited the room and went to her homeroom. When you moved back to your seat, Seulgi wasn't there beside you. Instead, you were met with his smile instead. Great, he's sitting next to you now.