Chapter 22

Namjoon was taking a shower when his phone rang non-stop. His hair was still dripping wet as he ran towards it, hoping that it would be you. But an unknown number showed up on the screen. He didn't answer it, but it rang again.

"Hello?"

"Kim Namjoon." the voice shouted. "Do you know how many times I've called you? Time is of the essence and I need every second of it, especially today for the dance. So let me get to the point, give me your stylist's phone number."

"Jennie?" he asked, finally recognizing who the voice belongs to.

"Yes. Now give me the number."

"May I ask why?"

Jennie sighed. "I won't go into too many details because it's her story to tell not mine."

"Whose? Y/N? Is there something wrong?" he asked, the water on his back turned into sweats as he grew more nervous by the seconds.

"She gave her dress to So Min, as to why, you'll have to ask her later. But let me tell you, if you had seen her, you would have been blinded." Namjoon chuckled quietly, he would have been awestruck by just seeing you. "I need your stylist's number to coordinate something."

"Do you need a dress then?"

"Of course not, I can get my hands on that myself. But you know, other things." she laughed. Namjoon nodded to himself. He gave her the number and hung up. He sat on his bed and thought why you would possibly do that when you didn't like So Min. It wasn't normal behavior. Since the assembly, you hadn't been texting him as much and the phone conversations grew shorter. Was she having second thoughts about us? He thought. But shook his head, you wouldn't do that to him. After putting some clothes on, he went to meet with the rest of the boys to hang out and to get ready together.

Jennie got right down to business. The stylist was most definitely confused but it seems that Namjoon had texted her to let her know the situation and she was more than happy to help. Since her team is in the city, they can meet Jennie and the girls to help them get ready. Jennie's father was an influential man in the fashion world so it wasn't hard for Jennie to get the exclusive new design from Dior. He also had a share with BigHit entertainment. Her dad asked why she didn't want it for herself but she answered. "I get to be a princess every day of my life because of my parents and our status. I think it's time I play fairy godmother for once."

She drove over to your house, where Tzuyu, Lisa, Seulgi, and you were already waiting. She had always liked your house better, it was cozier. The plan for today was a movie, at home spa, and getting dressed. You opened the door for her and she immediately noticed how swollen your eyes were, even the foundation couldn't cover that. You didn't get any sleep last night, the nerves and everything else about the dance. "Alright ladies," Jennie announced. "The rules are simple. No texting the boys and let's just enjoy ourselves!" Everyone cheered. The snacks were set out and the movie was starting, A Werewolf Boy. Lisa picked that out because she thought it would be cute, little does she know. Slowly, tears started forming in her eyes. It didn't take long for the group to hear her sniffles. Soon everyone was crying.

"Joong Ki deserves better." Lisa sobbed. Seulgi pulled her into a cuddle and patted her head. While everyone was trying to calm the baby down, you went to the kitchen to get rice. Your mom had gotten up early to cook a meal for the girls and you were thankful for. She was upset that she wasn't going to be able to be at home to help you get ready but you promised to send her plenty of pictures. Jennie joined to help.

"Hey, are you okay?" she asked.

"Of course, why wouldn't I be?" you answered, forcing on a smile.

"Y/N, I might not be your closest friend but you can always talk to me, okay?"

You took her hand. "Jen, you are such a great friend to me, you're even like my bigger sister. Thank you but I think there are things I should do on my own."

Jennie shook her head. "You should never have to do anything on your own." Then she walked away. You were confused by the sudden outburst of that sentiment because it was unlike her cool demeanor but it was sweet.

"Thank you. I don't know where this came from but I really appreciate it." you told her. The girls managed to calm down the crying baby. She was still sniffling and it was mainly an excuse for Jennie to feed her. You all listened to the Cypher album as you did face masks and did your nails. You would definitely miss them all when you go away, though you haven't told anyone except your mom and Tzuyu. Everyone eventually moved to the room to change into their dresses. Your mom let you borrow one of hers because you couldn't find another that you really liked. You didn't mind because it was a beautiful black dress that had a knee slit, she has never worn it before.

Before you could put it on, Jennie yanked it away from you. "What's wrong?"

"This dress is what's wrong." she said strongly. "It's from the 50's."

"Shut up, the 90's. My mom isn't that old." you argued. "Give it back, this is the only thing I have to wear.

"Over my dead body. No, you are not wearing this."

"Then what am I gonna wear?" On cue, there was a knock on the door. Jennie rushed to the door to welcome the group of stylists. There were five of them, they all rolled in makeup suitcases and one had a long cover to what seemed like a dress. "Um, Jen, what's going on?"

"Since you were so generous to give your dress away, I took it upon myself to get you an even better one." The stylist unzipped the cover to reveal the dress, it made everyone gasped. It was like a watercolor painting of cherry blossom in the clouds in the shape of a ballgown. It was also strapless.

"Jennie, where did you get this? A-and how?"

"That doesn't matter. What matters is that you will look stunning tonight for YOUR crown." she said, emphasizing that part. It made you gulp, maybe she knows something. The stylist helped you into the dress and the rests went to do the girls hair and makeup. It was a pleasant surprise for them all. None of them needed much work to shine bright, they naturally glow. You, on the other hand, was a different story. The stylist spent a long time on your hair. You could see that she was putting it in a low ponytail and curling the ends.

"Namjoon talks a lot about you." she said.

"Oh, he does?" you asked, feeling your cheeks reddening.

"All the time. He would tell the boys about you, how pretty you were and how strong-headed. Seeing how you are with your friends, it makes sense now why he's in love with you."

Love, that was his feelings towards you. It was the same thing you feel for him, so deeply and dangerously. And you would tell him soon.