Chapter 23

After the stylists finished their work, they headed back and wished that you all had a wonderful night. You spent a lot of time in your room to take selfies with each other. "Alright, let's get to the restaurant, the boys must be there already." Jennie urges. Taehyung and Seokjin booked the extravagant restaurant in the heart of the city that their family owns and their dad is the head chef at. It explains why Seokjin is so gifted at cooking and why Tae eats so well. The staff had decorated the inside to look like an outdoor garden. A little venue before the actual venue.

Jennie was driving of course. You were anxious the whole time, wanting to see Namjoon as soon as possible. It seems childish but you wanted to see his reaction upon seeing you. Would he be happy? Would he like the dress? Would he still think you're pretty? Those were the questions that were running through your mind. Lisa placed a hand on yours as reassurance. "Don't worry, if he doesn't think you look absolutely amazing, I'll take you home instead." she winked.

"Thanks oppa." you said sarcastically while laughing. The car pulled to a stop in the empty parking lot. The building was designed with a contemporary architectural style which is a juxtaposition to the traditional Korean food served inside. They're an odd family, that's for sure. By the entrance, a group of guys were hanging around and talking. They wore suits of different shades. Just by looking at their backs, one could assume that they were models. The sound of car doors shutting caused them to turn around. It was like a bullet, knocking them mentally down. Their physical bodies froze and they could not form a word.

Eventually everyone else moved to their partners, except for Yoongi and Seokjin who had each other, and for Namjoon because he was stuck in a daze. It was a pretty funny sight to you to see him like this, so you walked towards him instead. The ponytail bounced lightly with every step. In his eyes, you were like something fragile and everlasting floating towards him. He reached out his hand when you were a few feet from him and impatiently pulled you closer to him. He was finally breathing again. He scanned you up and down until you slapped his arm to stop.

"You're melting me with your gaze." you told him.

"It's not my fault. Who told you to be so beautiful?" he said back. You look down at the dress and fluttered it.

"It is a dazzling dress, isn't it? And your stylists did a fantastic job on my face."

"No." he said acutely. "I didn't say you LOOK beautiful, which you do, but you ARE beautiful. There's a different. With or without the clothes and makeup, you will always be the most marvelous being in the world."

You bit back a smile, it was too much for your poor heart to handle, so you punched him again. "Quit being cheesy."

"I can't help it. It comes out naturally when I'm with you." he answered. "But I should have brought a handcuff."

"If you're gonna be Seokjin and make a joke about how illegal it is to look this good, you should arrest yourself instead." you said, casually checking him out. His dark navy suit complemented his hair. It fitted his body and curves perfectly. It made you want to touch him in the purest way.

"Thank you," he laughed. "But no. I wanted to tie us together so that I can keep my eyes on you the entire time."

"Do you not trust me?"

"I don't trust anyone around us with you in this dress. You're mine." he said possessively. His eyes darkened for just a second but then they changed. "Friend, of course. You're my friend." he said nervously. Namjoon was worried that you might have taken his declaration as something uncomfortable.

"Actually, about that, I-"

"Alright lovebirds, let's take some pictures!" Taehyung yelled. Namjoon nodded and shyly took your hand to lead you back to the group. He still had a smile on his face, but it wasn't as genuine as it could be. Jimin hired a photographer for the night. First was the group photos, then all girls, all boys, followed by the couples. When it was your turn, both of you were unsure of how to pose, mostly you since Namjoon had done plenty of photoshoots. He simply put his arm above your waist and pulled your closer. You placed your arms gently on his chest. The camera flashed. The next pose was of you two standing a few feet away from each other but holding hands tightly and looking at each other, now he was showing his true smile.

It was the perfect opportunity to say it, but Seokjin rushed you all inside because the food was ready. The table was like the last supper, with a lot of food and glorious candelabras. The conversation was sparse as everyone was wanting to eat. You saw how Jimin sneakily chugged his wine bottle before Seulgi could notice, what an alcoholic, you thought. Namjoon sometimes would put food on your plate because he knew what you like to eat and you would remove the food that he doesn't like. Everyone watched the in-sync movements of the two of you.

A waitress came to fill in the water. She did everyone hastily but slowed down exponentially when she came to Namjoon. She tucked her hair behind her ear and giggled. "You look really handsome tonight." she said. "I'm a big fan."

"Uh, thank you." he answered. 

But she didn't leave. "Can I take a picture with you later?" she asked, placing a hand on his shoulder.

You rolled your eyes, you couldn't help it. She's a fan and it's not her fault but he was clearly with you tonight and it didn't seem appropriate to ask something like that in this setting. So you got annoyed.

"Sorry, that's against my contract." he answered, removing her hand. She nodded out of embarrassment and walked away quickly. When he looked at you, he saw that you were pouting and laughed. He kissed your cheek suddenly. "Sorry about that. I'm all yours tonight, and every night." he said cheekily. You punched his shoulder lightly.

"He's right, Y/N." Hoseok said. "Every time another celebrity even comes within 3 feet of him, he immediately steps back."

"He was so committed, he made people think that he was afraid of girls." Yoongi added.

"So that's where I get it from." Jungkook chimed in. "It's hereditary."

"Idiot, that means from your parents only." Yoongi groaned.

The maknae faked a cry. "So Namjoon hyung isn't my dad?"