Chapter 36

"I wish I could come with you to help." you mom sighed. "But there are so many new projects that I'm in charge of. I'm sorry, sweetie." She was crying for the third time since getting to the airport. She deliberately moved slowly in the hopes that it will slow everything else down. She didn't want her baby to go far away from her, but it was time to let the bird fly.

"Eomma, please don't worry. I will be fine. I'll call you as soon as I land." you reassured her. She turned her gaze to Namjoon and it seemed more serious. He straightened up his posture and cleared his throat.

"Take care of her okay? I'm counting on you, young man."

He saluted her. "Yes, Aunty. I'll make sure she gets settled and I won't leave her side until she kicks me out." Everyone laughed. You went around to hug the people who showed up, the group and even his parents. Tzuyu was the last person you hugged.

"I'll come back for Christmas and you'll get to have all of me, okay?" you asked. Her eyes were red, she was holding onto your hand tightly as if she hadn't spent the last week at your house.

"You better. I'm going to stick to you like glue when you visit."

"I can't wait. Please visit my mom often, okay?" She nodded. The intercom called for all passengers to board the plane. With one last wave, you and Namjoon took your seats in first class. The original plan was for you to go on your own because the pain of saying goodbye once again would be too hard. That plan was before Namjoon came along. After that, he begged and begged to come along with you and even bought first class tickets for the both of you. The agency made the plane company sign an agreement to not take pictures of you two to make sure you were both safe. Namjoon did everything to make sure he would stay by your side as long as possible.

Once on the plane took off, you snuggled into his chest as the movie play. It was Endgame. That probably wasn't the best idea as by the end, Namjoon was a crying mess and so were you. "Has anyone ever told you that you resemble Tony Stark?" you asked.

"Um, because I'm smart?" he asked.

"Not just that. But you're charismatic, willing to sacrifice yourself for others, and righteous. You value life rather than yourself. Plus Jungkook reminds me of Peter and he looks up to you like a father figure." you giggled, the thought was too cute.

"You forgot one thing." he hummed.

"What is it?"

"I'm also a handsome playboy millionaire." he flexed. It made you roll your eyes but at least he called himself handsome, which you could not argue with.

"You better not be a playboy while I'm away." you pouted. He laughed and wrapped his arms tighter around you.

"Don't you worry, my love. As long as this tattoo is on me, I'm only yours." he grinned, showing off the new tattoo he got on arm, it was a small, minimalistic galaxy.

"You're crazy." you reminded him. It was irresponsible of him but he wanted to prove his dedication to you. The rest of the time was spent with him being your English teacher. Since you two had watch Friends together as kids, your English was just as good as him, maybe even better. Eventually, you both fell asleep in each other's arms.

He was the first to wake up when the stewardess came around to announce breakfast, which meant the plane would be landing in a few hours. You were still deep asleep. He took that opportunity to look at you just a bit more. He loved the way your hair fell across the face, but he could still see your lips that he badly wanted to kiss. With a sigh and great hesitation, he woke you up for breakfast. The pilot announced that if you look outside, you could begin to see the States. Your eyes sparkled as you stared out into the scenery below you. Namjoon didn't want to look, he was beyond satisfied with who he was looking at right now.

"Hey, I love you, okay?" he reminded. You nodded and kissed his cheek.

"I love you most."

Summer in New York was still a little bit chilly. Namjoon was happy that you weren't dressed for it because it meant that he could hold you closer to his body. And since Cypher hasn't broken through to the U.S market yet, he wasn't scared of anyone recognizing him. The first stop was to drop everything off at your dorm. It seems that you would be sharing a room with someone else but she wouldn't be there until the end of the week. There were also a few students moving into the hall and Namjoon was cautious to not bump into anyone. He made sure to stay close to you at all times because he could already see some heads turning as you pass by.

"Make sure you tell everyone here that you have a boyfriend, okay?"

"Namjoon, I have seen dozens of girls checking you out while we were holding hands. I don't think it's me that you have to worry about." you chuckled. It was a good thing that you guys had some lunch/dinner at the airport because it took the whole day to unpack everything on your side. Namjoon included a lifesize poster of him for you to hang on the wall and you really hoped your roommate won't find you weird. Just then, there was a knock on the door. When you opened it, it was a guy in a formal polo shirt and a single rose.

"Hello, you must be Y/N. My name is Alex and I will be your RA for the year. I hope you had a good flight from Korea."

"Yes, thank you. It's nice to meet you." you said perfectly. In your heart you felt extremely proud. Namjoon, from behind you, felt proud, but something also something else.

"Oh, this is for you." he said, handing you the rose. "Don't worry, I gave one to all the girls on the floor. It's just as beautiful as you are." Your eyes widened and you really hoped Namjoon didn't hear that last part. It was wishful thinking because he came up from behind, grabbed you and kissed you violently in front of Alex. The poor boy was obviously confused and embarrassed.

"Thank you Alex." Namjoon said in a passive aggressive voice. "Please take care of my GIRLFRIEND for me while she's away from me."

Alex cleared his throat. "Oh, yeah, of course. Well I'll see you around." And then he ran away. You turned around to Namjoon and punched his stomach.

"I can't believe you did that. He was just being nice."

"By flirting with you?"

"Namjoon." you said sternly.

"I'm sorry but I'm not sorry for what I did." He grabbed your hand and pulled you towards him.  "In fact, that just made me angrier."

"What-" His lips crashed into you and the weight of his body collided with yours on the bed. His hands desperately roaming your body. His skin was burning, ablaze with passion. Your shirt became loose and slid down to show your collarbone and bra. Your cheeks became red and hot. Namjoon took the opportunity to kiss your neck, causing you to let out a moan. You pushed him back lightly. "Namjoon, shouldn't you be heading back to your hotel?" you asked, too shy to look at him. He smirked and shook his head.

"I'm not leaving you tonight." When you didn't respond, he narrowed his eyes. "If you want me to go, say it."

You didn't say anything, but instead took off your shirt and pulled him into you. The night was long, every second filled with pleasure and love. There wasn't a part of your body that he didn't touch with his lips and there wasn't a second where he didn't moan your name. He was yours, completely and undeniably.