Chapter 21

The boys took a seat on the bleachers near you, the students surrounding moved to make space. Jennie and Soyeon appeared back in the front with bouquets. Jennie coughed into the microphone and everyone turned their heads to the two of them.

"I do believe that was the greatest thing in history. Thank you boys, you should form a group together." she laughed. "To conclude this assembly, it's time to announce our princess and princes. Nominations were made by the student council and the teachers. Students will be able to vote for the King and Queen at the dance."

"I wonder who'll it'll be." Tzuyu said quietly.

"I don't know, but I know you'll be one." you said honestly. Tzuyu is beautiful and kind, everyone automatically is drawn to her.

"Our first princess is...Tzuyu." Soyeon said. Tzuyu jumped up from her seat and hugged you first before hugging her boyfriend, who pouted but he has to deal with it.

"I'll see you up there too." she said before leaving. Jennie handed her the giant bouquet and hugged her. You doubt you would get called, it would either be So Min or another Barbie. The next girl was Lisa. She was definitely not Barbie material, she's too honest and playful for that. She was deserving of the spot with Tzuyu. Hoseok's eyes trailed her and he mirrored her bright smile.

"And the last Princess is...."

"So Min." you whispered half-heartedly. People like her always get what they want, the perks of being pretty. A few meters from you at her table, So Min fixed her hair as if she knew she was going to be called. In fact, she had already taken a few steps forward. Jennie rolled her eyes and looked at you instead.

"Y/N!" she said. At first there was a bit of confusion from everyone, especially from you. But then someone far away clapped and the room erupted in cheer. Namjoon smiled widely and nudged you to walk towards the group. There has to be a mistake, you thought, but as you walked towards the others, students surrounding you were happy, like it was meant to happen. The bouquet consisted of lilies and giant daisies. Namjoon gave you a wink and it made you blush. It wasn't surprising that he was one of the princes, along with Jungkook and Taehyung. "Congratulations to all out royalties. Have a great rest of your day and we'll see you at the dance!" Jennie exclaimed.

People began funneling out of the building and onto their homes. But the group reunited to chat. You looked over at Jennie and gave her a nod. She nodded back and tapped Taehyung on the shoulder. "Can we talk for a bit?" she asked. Taehyung was confused but walked with her to a corner.

"That song was so good, who wrote it?" Tzuyu asked.

"Namjoo hyung of course." Jungkook cheered and wrapped his arm around Namjoon's shoulder. He looked down shyly.

"You didn't tell me you could sing." Seulgi said, turning to Jimin who was a tomato now. "I guess I'll be asking you to do that more often."

"No, no. You're the singer here." he denied. Seulgi was the leading vocalist in the choir. They began arguing back and forth about who was the better singer. You could hear "No you are" going back and forth. Yoongi was giving Seokjin compliments on his voice and the elder seemed to have been speechless for the first time ever. He bit his lips and blurted, "Will you go to the dance with me?"

Yoongi was taken aback but nodded. "Sure, I don't have anyone else to go with anyways." Seokjin wasn't thrilled by the answer but Hoseok assured him that it was Yoongi's way of showing affection.

"Also, you should hold his hand. That'll make him happy." Hoseok added. Then he noticed Lisa packing up her cheer stuff and was about to leave. He left the group without saying anything and ran towards her. From what you could see, he was giving her compliments about her dance and she was starstruck. She nodded her head and smiled widely when he said something, must be a good sign, you thought.

Namjoon was being awfully quiet. You pulled him to the side by his hand. He was pleasantly surprised at your action. "Did you like that?" he asked.

"Namjoon, I loved it." you answered softly. "I didn't love the attention we got but the song and your question made me really happy."

"I'm glad. I was scared you would say no."

"You're just asking me to a dance, it's no big deal." you said casually. It was the wrong thing to say and you realized that as soon as the words escaped your mouth. He was visibly saddened by what you said. "What I mean is that you shouldn't have been nervous about it. I would have said yes. We're friends, right?" That was also the wrong thing to say, he smiled sorrowfully and nodded.

"Yeah, friends." The group dispersed at this point. Namjoon had to go with Hoseok and Yoongi for a meeting at the company. You told him you'll be fine walking home with Tzuyu and Jennie. He wanted to kiss you on the cheeks but held himself back. Before you got out of the school, strong hands yanked to back and kept on walking, pulling you along. It was So Min and she told the girls to not follow you two. Jennie bit her lips.

"What the hell So Min?" you yelled, pulling your hand away from her and making her stop. When she turned around, her face was caked with foundations and she was angry.

"That was supposed to be mine." she said, pointing to the bouquet. "I was supposed to be a princess." she yelled, something in her started to crack.

"I'm sorry but there's nothing I could do now." you answered.

"Of course there is. It's all up to you." So Min said, this time, she sounded more like herself, cruel.

"What do you mean?"

"At the dance, before the voting begins, tell everyone you're giving the crown to me."

"Why would I do that?"

"Because if you don't, your precious Tzuyu and her boyfriend will get some breaking news about each other. I may have pictures of Jungkook cheating on Tzuyu, maybe they're real, maybe they're not." You knew Jungkook would never do such a thing, but with So Min's influence his reputation could get ruined. So Min also wasn't the person who would lie about her evil deeds.

"Please don't do that. I'll give you my crown."