If I Can't Have You

Inspired by the song -If I cant have you by Shawn Mendes

I'm sitting in a Toronto airport waiting for our ride to take us to our event. I sit on the edge of a seat, scrolling through twitter while my foot bounces off the floor. The view in this lounge is incredible, but I can't seem to enjoy it. I'm only able to think about her. Her lips, the last time we kissed. Her eyes, right before she falls asleep. Her hair, the way it sticks to her skin when we're out spending time together. Without even realizing it, I find myself scrolling through our texts, smiling like an idiot at the little jokes and comes backs she always manage to throw my way. Later that night, I'm going out with some of the crew but I can't help but text her

Brian: tell me again why you couldn't come to this show?"

Y/N: I was just at the one in Arizona 3 weeks ago. I do have to work sometimes 😉

Brian: Work is overrated, I'll pay you double next time.

Y/N: double tips then what I make on a weekend? Hmm, I somehow doubt you'd be able to afford it!

Brian: I can always pay you in other ways 🤠

Y/N: what makes you think I'd want anything but money from you?

Brian: such a tease

Y/N: if you think that's a tease...

She sends me a photo of her cleavage in the skin tight lace shirt she's wearing while bartending.

Y/N: have a good night Q!

Brian: I hate you 🤤

Y/N: 😽

My friends yell at me throughout the night, telling me I should just go back to the hotel if all I'm going to do is text you the whole time. However, I'm too engrossed in the fun we're having to care what they say. The next night is much of the same. Different city, same routine. After the show I go out and after a few drinks can't help myself but text her.

Brian: tell me again why you don't just date me?

Y/N: because I've got too much 🧳

Brian: but what if I want all the 🧳

Y/N: the timings just not good Q. Come on, go out and have fun! You deserve it, we can always argue about this later.

Brian: but I don't want to have fun without you. I can't help the timing of things. I just can't stop thinking of you.

Y/N: you're so sweet; but please, I am NOT worth the hassle. You gotta stop worrying about me and move on to the next one. I know that's not hard for you.

Brian: I've tried to move on but there's no one quiet like you 🥰

Y/N: you're only saying that because I'm not giving in. You'd be sick of me after a month.

Brian: why can't you believe me when I say I can't stop thinking about you and everything I have means nothing unless I can share it with you.

Y/N: are you trying to be mushy? I don't know how I feel about seeing you this way.

Brian: shut it, I'm being serious.

Y/N: then we shouldn't be doing this over text. When are you back home?

Brian: tomorrow afternoon.

Y/N: then I'll come over after work. 5 okay?

Brian: I'll be waiting.

The next day in the plane I have the craziest case of butterflies I've ever felt. The feeling of us finally talking deeply about what I want and how I feel about her has me crazed. When I get back home I clean up what I can before showering and changing to be ready for when she knocks on the door. When she finally arrives, I open the door with a smile. She holds up a bottle of red wine and comments before I could say hello "let's have at it Quinn!"

A/N: part 2? Do you want to see them together or stay apart? Maybe a mini story once my other BA story is done? let me know!