Thanksgiving

You and Brian have hooked up a few times since Fourth of July weekend. Each time was some drunken night after work that the both of you agreed to wouldn't happen again. However, you tried to find excuses to go out drinking with the guys just because you knew what it would lead to. You and him just finished another great night at your place and he's getting dressed to head back home, "hope I didn't keep you up too late and ruin your thanksgiving in the morning."

You yawn but answer, "no, I'm staying home tomorrow so I'll sleep in and get all the rest."

You sprawl out on your bed, excited to be able to sleep in and not cook a damn thing tomorrow. You're parents decided to take a trip to Italy for thanksgiving so you didn't have family to go home to. Brian either doesn't catch your enthusiasm for sleeping in or he ignores it because he takes a seat on the bed and asks, "so you're alone for thanksgiving?"

"Ya, but it's all good. I got my turkey dinner in the freezer and a bunch of wine at the ready." You smile, closing your eyes to get ready to get to sleep.

Brian argues, "you can't spend thanksgiving alone. Come to my parents house with me."

"What?" You question, your eyes opening and eyeing him closely.

He shrugs a shoulder while looking at you, "my parents are having this big huge thing and we will have plenty of food, plenty of company. Come on, you shouldn't spend it alone."

"I don't know, won't they think like we're a couple or something? I'm not trying to dodge questions all day." You sigh, already picturing out the day.

He shakes his head, "I promise it'll be nothing like that. You're a friend from work who doesn't have any local family, that's all."

You clarify, "well I have localish family, they just decided to spend it abroad. Rude." You joke with him.

"So you'll come?" He lights up just slightly.

You sigh and nod. Even though you probably can't sleep in all day anymore and wear pajamas while eating your dinner, you're looking forward to a big home cooked meal and hanging out with Brian some more, "what time do you want me there and where is it?"

He replies, "my parents house but I'll pick you up. Is 8:30 too early? They are in Pennsylvania."

The two of you glance over to your alarm plugged in and note the 1:34 time. You answer, "not if you leave right now."

"Okay, I'll see ya in a few." He stands and heads out, turning the light off on his way out.

In the morning you find a grey plaid dress and throw it on with a pair of tights. You slip on a pair of black bootie wedges you never wear and throw a few curls into your hair and run your finger through them a few times. You decide to leave the makeup behind, hating washing it off at night as is. Brian texts you that he's downstairs and you grab your bag and meet him in his jeep.

As soon as you arrive, his mother and father greeted you with open arms. Brian already told them you'd be joining and that you were just friends. They give you a hug and his mom announces, "we are so thrilled to have you. We have a spare bedroom in the basement all set up if you need to stay the night. Brian, do you want to show her around or should your father?" She asks, clearly wanting to get back to making dinner.

"I can show her" Brian agrees with a smirk, "come on Y/N, then I can introduce you to my cousins and get your settled with a glass of wine or something."

"Sounds good." You beam with a smile, assuring Mr. & Mrs. Quinn that it was nice to meet them.

When you and Brian walk around the property, everyone stops to introduce themselves. Everyone was kind and not a single person pushed the relationship question. Not one person until his cousin Jeremy. "Wait, you brought home a babe and you aren't dating? I don't buy it."