Building Upon Dreams

Chapter Five:
Layla woke up early. 7:00. She woke from excitement. Although she was nervous. 'What will I wear..?' She asked herself still lying in bed. 'Wait... why do I care?', she sat up in her bed and sighed. Yes. He was attractive. But she wasn't about to go dressing up for him. She looked out her window. The sun was shining. She looked at her phone. 'It's twenty degrees outside...', she walked over to her wardrobe and pulled out a pair of black jeans. And then she pulled out a nice baby blue summer top. It had white flowery designs on it and it was cropped. It had a tie design on the back, which expose the small of her back. She kissed Dani's forehead and went down stairs. She took one final look at herself in the mirror. 'It's a special occasion...it's my first piano lesson'. She walked out to the bus. 'It's time for me to build on this dream', she paused in thought. 'That shall be my motto'.

Layla walked to her tutorial room. Harper and Willow were already seated. Mr.Gavin wasn't there yet. "Morning guys!", she said happily. They both turned and smiled,"Morning Layla", she sat down with them. Harper grabbed Layla's arm. "Willow has news!", Layla turned to Willow who had a small smile on her face. "Christopher.. he texted me last night...asking about how my day went!", she smiled. Layla smiled. Willow and Christopher both lived in Australia. They were friends when they were little. They both moved and drifted apart. Layla had always said how fate brought them together. Harper always joined in on the sappy stories. Mr.Gavin walked in. They stopped talking. He took the roll call and sent everyone on their way. All except for Layla. "Layla, Mr.Hamilton has already cleared it with your teacher about missing the first class after lunch, for your music lesson", he said it as if Layla was supposed to know what he was talking about. She looked at him confused. 'I thought he said just lunch', she thought to herself. 'Maybe I just made a mistake..', she said thank you to Mr.Gavin and gave him a small smile before leaving for her first class.

Layla caught up with the others. "Hey guys I'm not going to be at lunch....or the first class after lunch...", they looked at her confused. "Why not?", Harper asked. "I've got my first piano lesson..with Mr.Hamilton", she said it quick and confident. Trying not to arouse suspicion. They looked at her. A bit taken back,"since when?",Willow asked shocked. "Since yesterday, he said he'd help me out since I can't find a teacher...", she said. "And are you paying him..?", her heart dropped. She never asked him about that. It was going to be extremely awkward asking about money. But she had to be grateful.

Lunch came around fast. Layla went to her locker to grab her lunch and water. She walked to the music room. She took a deep breath and stood on her toes to look through the small window on the door. It was dark. Nobody was in there. She tensed up as she felt someone was watching her. Still looking through the window, she felt someone's breath on her ear. "Whatcha looking at....?", she turned slowly with wide eyes and jumped when she saw Mr.Hamilton, standing extremely close to her. He laughed. "You scared me!", he laughed again, "That was the idea..", he joked as he put the key into the door to unlock it. Layla felt awkward, as she was still facing him but pushed up against the door.

He opened the door, and she almost fell into the dark empty room. She walked in. Mr.Hamilton followed close behind and shut the door. He turned on the lights. Layla turned around to face him,"Sir, my tutor, Mr.Gavin, said I'm scheduled to be here with you for the class after lunch aswell...did I get it wrong or..?", she asked, slightly scared. He smiled, "I need to know what you can do...", she smiled. It made sense. "Sit down",he said in a surprisingly demanding tone, pointing at the piano. 'Let's build upon this dream..I can do it', Layla thought to herself. The lesson was about to begin.