Willow's Date

Chapter Nine:
Willow woke early Saturday morning. She was meeting Christopher in the park at twelve. 'Ugh I'm kinda nervous...but it's fine..it's fine', Willow tormented herself. She also stressed herself for no reason. She had breakfast and watched TV for a bit. She then got dressed into the outfit Layla and Harper had chosen for her. 11:30. She would have to make her way to the local park soon. She started to stress again. What if I say something stupid?', she thought.

She decided to text Layla. 'Hey! Morning! I'm stressed!', she texted quickly. Layla didn't reply. Willow brushed her hair again. 11:40. Willows phone lit up. It's Layla. 'Hey don't stress! You got this. Just be yourself!', she sighed. Easier said then done. 11:45. She lived pretty close to the park. Would it be awful if she was purposely late? No. She couldn't do that to him. She decided to text Harper. 'I'm nervous help!', Harper replied straight away. 'Relax! He's probably just as nervous, you'll be fine..', Willow took a deep breath.

She went down stairs. She grabbed her keys and took one final look in the mirror. She looked amazing, although she always found it hard to find the beauty in herself. Her phone vibrated. It was Layla,'You're probably heading out now, good luck! You look amazing!', Willow laughed softly, 'Shut up! You can't see me!', she opened the door,'You always look amazing! Go get 'em!'

Willow walked towards the park. They said they'd meet at the bench in the middle of the park. 11:55. She entered the park. It was surprisingly quiet. It was really sunny, but not too warm. She looked forward. There was the bench. He wasn't there yet. Just then, she saw Christopher walking towards the bench from the opposite side. They stopped on either side of the bench. "Hey, I was worried I was late",he said rubbing the back of his neck. "Me too..", they laughed and sat down. "So...how are you?", she laughed softly,"I'm good, you?", he smiled,"I'm good",they both looked at each other and laughed. "Why don't we talk about something we have in common...", he asked,"Is that corny or..?", he said awkwardly. Willow laughed,"Do you miss Australia?", he sat back,"Everyday", she sat back too. "Same...I'd give anything to go back"

The two talked about their time in Australia. They had so much in common. Christopher was a photographer too, and a good one at that. He told Willow he wanted to do it professionally.  They laughed. They laughed so much. Eventually Willow started to call him Chris. He didn't seem to mind. "Hey do you wanna grab a coffee? My shout?",Chris asked. 'He's so sweet', Willow thought. She agreed and they went to go get coffee. After coffee Willow had to go home.

He walked her home. "So...we should do this again sometime?", he asked. She nodded. They hugged. She went inside and almost screamed. "Oh wow!", she said out loud. She picked up her phone and texted Harper and Layla. 'Guys he was so sweet! And awkward, but sweet!', Layla was the first to reply, 'That's awesome Will! I'm so happy for you!'

Layla put her phone down. 'At least things went well for Willow', she thought. She sat down at her piano. She took out the sheet music. Here we go.