Sheet Music

Chapter Seven:
Layla got to her next class. She sat down with Harper and Willow. "How did it go?", Harper whispered. "It was good, he gave me this sheet music to practise...his teaching methods are kinda weird..", the girls looked through the sheet music. "This looks crazy, good luck. Layla smiled putting the sheet music away. When class ended for the day, Layla rushed home. She was eager to get to her piano and practise. She got home and went straight to her piano. She sat down and took out her sheet music. She paused. "I can't read sheet music", she said out loud. "What the fuck did he give me this?", slouched and huffed. They barely started going through reading music. She would have to wait until she saw him to tell him.

She looked at her phone. She had a few texts from the girls. 'Hey, can you guys come over tomorrow to help me pick an outfit for Saturday?', it was Willow. Thinking about her date on Saturday. Layla texted back,'Sure!' Dani walked in. Layla smiled. "Hey Dani?", she looked up at her."What teacher gives homework they know can't be done?", she asked. To no surprise the cat didn't answer. Layla was left to ponder.

Layla rose early the next day. Getting dressed and catching the bus. She would have to ask about her next lesson. Tutorial went quick. After a few classes, the girls went to Mr.Hamilton's class. Layla smiled at him, he was already there. They sat down. Once everyone was in, Mr.Hamilton stood. "Okay guys, today, we are going to get into a circle for the class", Layla rolled her eyes. She hated when teachers did stuff like this. No one wanted to share their feelings with the class. The class pushed the desks back and grabbed chairs. "Okay so what we are going to do is say something important to us", Layla rolled her eyes,"Do it one more time Layla, I dare you...", he said it sternly with a smirk on his face. She looked down. "I'll start, teaching is important to me because I like to share knowledge", he said simply. He looked at Layla. "Okay who's next?", the class said different things. Family, sports teams, some of the girls said make-up, others said hobbies. It came to Layla. "Um...music is important to me..because...", he leaned forward,"I can't imagine not having it..",he smiled. The bell rang.

"Okay guys, put the chairs and tables back quickly", the class did and then started to leave. For once, Layla went up to him on her own accord. "Sir?", he turned around and smiled,"Layla", she smiled,"I was just wondering... when our next lesson is?", he took a few steps forward. He was so close. She looked up at him innocently. "Lucky for you....right now..", she looked at him shocked. "But Mr.Hamilton, I have class now, I can't just ditch!",she said flustered. He looked down at her,"When I say we have a lesson, we have a lesson",she looked at him unimpressed,"A bit of warning would've been nice",she said and rolled her eyes.

What he did next, she couldn't get her head around. He grabbed her arm and held onto her tightly. He held her arm up,"I dared you to do it one more time", he yanked on her arm, pulling her out of the room. He dragged her down the empty corridor. He brought her into the empty music room and shut the door,"Sit",he demanded and she did. He grabbed an extra stool. She was slouched, she had completely forgotten that posture was key. He pulled the stool up directly behind hers. She went to look at him,"eyes forward", she snapped her head forward immediately. Still slouched, she felt his hands at her waist. She flinched slightly. He brought his arms under hers and pulled her shoulders back. From the corners of her eyes, she could see that his legs were spread either side of her. "For god sake would you ever sit up straight", she was hurt that he sounded disappointed already. "Start with the sheet music I gave you yesterday", her heart stopped. "Yeah, about that....I can't read it, you didn't go through it enough with me..", she felt two hands on her hips. He leaned into her ear, "Okay, give me your number..", she turned quickly,"Why?!",she looked shocked. "So that if you're stuck you can text me if I gave you the wrong thing, and I could also warn you about future lessons", she took out her phone hesitantly. "Okay...", she gave him her number. He smiled. He went through the sheet music with her. She got up and as she was leaving he followed close behind, she had her hand on the door handle. He put his hand over hers and held her there. Her breath quickened and she looked up at him confused. "I'll text you tonight about our next lesson....Layla", she smiled awkwardly and he let go. "Thank you Mr.Hamilton", she said as she left. Rushing to her next class.