Pyaar to Hona hi tha

Ragini was unhappy, her life was boring and around her everyone was getting married or was in a longtime relationship. Damn it. I know I'm not getting younger and all around me are having someone, but why the hell do they have to show it me? Like rubbing the fact that I'm single under my nose. Ugh!

Ragini was sitting on the stairway of her apartment complex. She was allowed to leave early from the job, as she had to pack her stuff. My sister, my YOUNGER sister is getting married and I'm still single. How is this even possible? The man she loves and is getting married to is one of the weirdest man I ever met. Well to be honest I haven't met him in person, but through emails, WhatsApp or Facebook I got some information about him and I don't like him. He is just not good enough for my baby doll.

Ragini took a deep breath. Baby doll... she rolls her eyes. Well she isn't really my baby doll. We aren't real sister I'm kinda an orphan and they took me in. They are my aunt and uncle, I call them mom and dad. Then there is my 'younger' sister Jiya, I love her but sometimes she is a pain in my ass. She was one of the reasons why I left India and come to New York. Thinking of that I actually have to thank her for her continues disturbing and irritating me I left and become successful in my job. I could live my life on my own.

There was the sound of bark, which brought her back to the reality. Stupid dog I hate animals. She stood up and went up to her apartment, she packed her clothes and took the cab she ordered. Soon Ragini reached the airport and the plane take off.

Laksh was roaming around the streets of Mumbai. Oh no again I lost the job, damn it I need the money for my sisters wedding or else they will refuse her. How is this possible to bow down for a dowry. I hate this, I wish I could marry first and get the dowry from my wife to give it to my sister. Shit how cheap the thinking is. Ugh!

Laksh scratches his head, he was on his way, when he found an old friend of his, "Hi Kabir."

Kabir smiles looking at him, "hey how are you?" They shook hands and Laksh wasn't sure how to share his dilemma with his friend.

"Laksh tell me what is?" Kabir pushes him kindly and Laksh smiles by his act.

"Array yaar my sister is getting married, but the groom side has asked for a dowry." Laksh took a deep breath, "I lost my job again and it's difficult for me to find a new one. You know my past I'm a small thief." Laksh said shrugging his shoulders.

"I can't believe this, there is court section against dowry then why don't you report them?"

"Yaar my sister and he are in relationship and if I'm not wrong their relationship went whey too far. I would love to slap her, but it won't make it undone."

Kabir nodded understandably, "yes, I got it. Why don't you come tomorrow to this address." He took out a note and gave it to Laksh.

"What, why?"

"You want a job, then come there it's a honest job less money but maybe you can get tip?"

Laksh frowns, "you know I was a bad waiter that time and I'm still not good in this work."

Kabir laughs, "that doesn't matter. Just come there even a bright student would take any job to keep the reputation of his family."

Laksh smiles, "yes, you are right. I will come there. Thanks."

They both went different paths.

Ragini finally reached to the Mumbai airport, she was looking for a cab, "it's so warm here, it's suffocating I need something cold. I know it's not good as my body will try to heat up again and the end result it would be warmer than before. But to drink warm beverage isn't helping me."