"Why can no meetings go as planned?" Vati mumbled on the way to the hotel. Because us. You never know what will happen.

We walked the rest of the way in silence, as if it was the "who can be mute for the longest" game. I didn't like it, but what was I supposed to say? All my thoughts came running to Fred faster than Usain Bolt would run a marathon. I thought of all the times he helped me, when he named me the flowers I didn't know, when he taught me english, when we played, when he improved my tree-climbing skills, when he was singing... screeching in the car to some song on the radio, chips in one hand and Gilbird in the other when we went to go shopping with Mr, no, Uncle Canada.

Then I thought of Uncle Prussia babysitting me, telling me awesome stories from the long gone past, teaching me how to spit right, screeching a lullaby to get me to sleep, or telling them some joke last meeting, Fred almost choking on food, and I thought.

It was right there all along.

Yet I didn't connect the obvious strings. And so didn't anyone else (with the exceptions of Gabi and Lars - I'm still going to interrogate Gabriel!)

Lost in thought I didn't notice the end of our journey. ...Poetic, right?

"Papa?" he looked at me and tried to smile, but couldn't hide he was still confused and shocked. "What happened after we left?"

"Oh, nothing!" he tried a light tone, and petted my head. Yeah right.

"Did Uncle Prussia really fight France and America?" I ask, extremely curious.

"Griselda, could you please come over here?" Vati suddenly said seriously, in such a tone he almost never used, and when he did, you listened

"Are you glad Fred is ...your cousin?" he asked.

"Well of course I am! He taught me many things and he's... awesome," I grinned.

"Good. I'm glad," he replied, relieved. "And I'm sure your Uncle will be too. Remember, your parents can influence you in many ways, but they don't define who you are, understand?" he said, his eyes lost in the past. I nodded.

I checked the chat later and of course it was active -

Ikeaismyshit: @Fred the Great You know who to call if you ever need it, right?

The Ash ninja: GHOST-BUSTERS!

Ikeaismyshit: Dammit Ashleigh, this is why we can't have nice things :/

The Ash ninja: ...sorry. Count on me, too, Freddie :3

Fred the Great: Dankeschön, Freunde, aber I need a while to myself...

Jarl: Of course, we completely understand. Well, no, we don't actually, but, you know.

Fred the Great: Ja, Vielen Dank. Also, there's one thing left for me to do

Fred the Great has changed Fred the Great's name to Fred the Awesome

Frog jr.: I see how it is

Frog jr. has changed Frog jr.'s name to TheTeaIsSpilled

TheTeaIsSpilled: Much better fitting

Jarl: Are we all changing names in the light of the events now? Because if so

Jarl has changed Jarl's name to NorthernLightsAndSheep

Ice queen: You're ridiculous

Ice queen: But still, I support you, @Fred the Awesome

The Ash ninja: #Fredsupportgroup

Potato gnocchi: Sing me up. Also, are you going to use the Beilschmidt in your name now?

Fred the Awesome: Idk yet, possibly. It'll take a lots of explaining... "^^

NorthernLightsAndSheep: Oh boy "^^ good luck with that

Fred the Awesome: Thanks again. I think I'll go now, okay?

TheTeaIsSpilled: Of course, how do you say, 'naturlich'?

Fred the Awesome: Close enough, see you tomorrow

Fred the Awesome: Oh wait a second, there's one more thing I wanted to do

Fred the Awesome has changed Churro child's name to MuchBarkNoBite

MuchBarkNoBite: ...what the fuck

Fred the Awesome: I wanted to do that for the longest time

TheTeaIsSpilled: It fits!

Potato gnocchi: It does! :D

Potato gnocchi: Oh, and by the way

Potato gnocchi: @MuchBiteNoBark now has some competition for the Best cousin title :)

Nothing else left to say.

He's still my family, they're still my family, we all are a family.

A family that faces many challenges but comes out even stronger.

I sighed and rested my head on Papa's side, snuggling comfortably.

He's still the same Fred. He'll still screech in the car, he'll still climb the trees in the span of a few seconds and ride mooses and take snowball fights way  too seriously. 

Because parents don't define you. What a lesson I learned today.

It has been emotionally draining.

Und ja, Fred taught me that expression.